Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Longevity

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Not a short read, but worth it (IMO) - if you have the patience:

Luigi Cornaro - How To Live 100 Years, or Discourses On The Sober Life
    Hey Androgynus,

that Soil & Health Library that contains the Luigi Cornaro article is a great resource.... Thanks!
    It's amazing the things that you miss that are right under your nose all along

Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    I have found Sodium bicarbonate very useful for digestion; and balancing of pH levels. Once in a while, I eat a teaspoon-full after a meal. A regular diet tends to be too acidic.
    In the link i provided it mentions algae. I would like to know how you would grow algae then use it because the cell walls contains Cellulose; which humans cannot digest!
    Last edited by Awani; 09-17-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: edited the spelling mistakes I suspect Brennus wanted to edit:) / dev

Anti oxidants and metabolism.

Anti oxidants are amazing because the keep rebel molecules out of your body.
    They will help you have a healthy life. But will not lengthen.
    oxidization is a crucial process you cannot do without. But sometimes during this process, a molecule or such goes rogue like Rambo and deals damage to your system. This rogue can cause serious damage sometimes. An anti oxidant is a neutralizing substance for free radicals. Invest in them.

The problem itself is metabolism. A good analogy for metabolism is fire.
    In the long run, catabolism overcomes anabolism.
    The body "rots" while living.
    The art of breathing can increase the rate at which metabolic waste is disposed.
    anti oxidants can reduce free radicals that damage the body. I also suggest anti oxidants in the form of food,liquid,and a breathable anti oxidant.

We eat plants. Plants are a secondary energy source. Meat is third hand.
    In short. The body is broken down faster than it is built up. In fact. Breaking down of substances "air/food" must happen before any building.
    I am convinced true lengthening of life span can only happen;
    A: through fusion of breath energy and sexual fluid subliminated.
    B:An eatable substance containing enormous energy when broken down.
    C:an eatable substance that is utilized by anabolism an last longer. Ehh "you are what you eat,I eat that which is imperishable so I am". The problem with that is. The body usually must break something down,before it uses it as building blocks.

I would like to see a anti oxidant in concentrated form. Something that could be taken in large doses without burning the body.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    In the link i provided it mentions algae.I would like to know how you would grow algae then use it because the cell walss contains Cellulose; which humans cannot digest!
    19th Century Russian biochemist Vernadsky wrote a monumental work that might interest you entitled Biosphere. He proposes that humans will eventually evolve into organisms that take solar energy directly.

I explored your question previously in the past also, my suggestion would be to start limiting your sugar intake, staying away from processed food, limit cooking food, etc. and develop a practice (i.e., Qi-Gong, not unlike Breatharians, etc.) that enhances your energetic level. There's a 'turning point' where you eat very minimal, and have more energy because the cells of your physical body receive their "food" from other means. Solving the issue of longevity with 'right food' is not the ultimate solution. It's only the beginning, preparation phase. If your emotions are volatile, then 'the transition' becomes complicated. You will eat for your emotions then. I suggestion you integrate also a practice that conditions your body to reach a state of calmness constantly. Some kind of daily breath-work. It's a reality to be a vessel of inner peace.

/

The Magnum Opus faces the same dilemma when preparing the Elixir as you suggest with limits of food digestion. So keep researching this field, alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Longevity of the body comes with purity of it and proper nutrition.

It means that when everything that comes in, can go out, everything is clear. Everything can work properly. Ad Vitam Aeternam !

It was tested by a nobel price (I don't remember the name, I read that in Tony Robbins "Unlimited Power"), during 30 years flesh of a chiken (a chicken can only live 11 years) was artificially fed and artifically "cleaned", and thus kept alive. Rockfeller corporation then, was conviced of the fact that one can live for ever ... but, who wants to life forever ?
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    We it could very well be that we live forever, just in different bodies. In a way perhaps it is stupid to live to 80 and better, like in the old days, to go at 40. Get through all the lives a bit quicker. Now we are just drawing it out. Quality of days, not quantity of days.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I've been trying some of the issues brought up here and I've also introduced a few other bits as well.I've also read that for longevity to work it must be thought of as an holistic thing,hence i'm taking not only resveratrol but also many adaptogenic herbs for all the body and soon I will embark on periods of fasting which someone on here has mentioned!

Blog Entries
    I wanted to resurrect this Thread after reading a brief article on three plants an author identified as beneficial for longevity. Dandelion, tulsi, and Reishi mushrooms (the last one was already mentioned in this Thread, I believe). The first helps to detoxify the liver as well as aids digestion.

Anyone with any experience working with these plants?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    I wanted to resurrect this Thread after reading a brief article on three plants an author identified as beneficial for longevity. Dandelion, tulsi, and Reishi mushrooms (the last one was already mentioned in this Thread, I believe). The first helps to detoxify the liver as well as aids digestion.

Anyone with any experience working with these plants?
    What is tulsi?

Tulsi

Most things can be found with a simple search!

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread