Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Spirals and Vortexes

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    "All the stuff that fills up the distances between the stars and also the distances
    between tiny parts of atoms and molecules is filled with energy. That energy contains all the power of forces
    anywhere. (Some people are now calling this zero-point energy or scalar energy.) This energy is divided into
    two parts, one part that EXPANDS upon itself and one part that CONTRACTS to itself. These parts combine into
    a sphere where the center point is the part that contracts (called TIME) and the stuff within diameter of the
    sphere is the part that expands (called SPACE). One part cannot exist without the other, yet, they are equal
    and opposite by nature."
    It is more than energy that fills the gaps IMO Sol. Energy is something we or another outside influence creates
    using what is or isn’t (it doesn’t/isn’t really matter) between the parts. Energy is the transformation of one
    form into another. Again this is just my opinion, but to give that opinion some form I believe Sean Sinjin’s
    book, “Meme”, is as good an explanation as any other.

The book, previously mentioned in the forum is available free in eBook form HERE...a, “must read”, keeping an, “open mind”.

I do not fully agree with everything Sinjin says, but the majority of it I do (until I receive a better explanation)

Sinjin’s purpose for writing the book was to create debate...therefore if you totally disagree with his premise
    then that is only a good thing if it makes you explain “why?” you disagree.

Below is an extract from the eBook on Sinjin’s explanation of “Space”...

SPACE

For a moment let's take a seeming tangent and talk about space, referring to outer
    space, aether, that big emptiness just past the end of the upper atmosphere. It might be
    confusing to ask the question, "what is space", when by common definition space is
    “What isn't", or a complete vacuum.

Let's challenge that understanding by proposing that space "is", rather than "isn't".

It wasn't so long ago that most scientists entertained the concept of "aether" and this theory described
    aether as a medium, or rather a "'sea" of some substance in which we were suspended, like
    fish in an ocean. Aether filled every nook and cranny of the universe. Of late though, unfortunately,
    this theory was abandoned for the "isn't" version of aether*, an empty void, merely on the premise
    that we couldn't find a way to measure the "flow" of aether.

The minds of the time thought for sure that if we are immersed in a sea of aether,
    then we should be able to measure our relative speed as we move through it. No luck there.
    Proof of the existence of aether with fluid-like properties was not to be had, and so the aether
    concept of space was abandoned since it seemed to complicate things unnecessarily.

Could Occam's razor have been wielded prematurely? Let's re-invite this aether
    concept but with a different name, "Bether", and different attributes than the historical
    sea-like version.
    Sinjin goes on to explain his hypothesis on page 18 of the eBook.

MTG what are you referring to in the image below?

Is it the formation of the donut?

If one is looking for the Prima Materia then look no further…it is all that is.

Touch yourself...Not like that!… Just touch one hand on the other and you are feeling
    the Prima Materia in form. The reason it exists in form relates to E=MC^2. Think
    about that after reading the eBook. Or think of the potential energy in a wound up
    elastic band.

Keep in mind that Sinjin’s explanations are over-simplifications to bring us to some
    kind of understanding.

Thinking of twisted Bether and relating it to water passed through a magnetic vortex
    creating whatever one believes is created…I have a yukky but simple experiment to
    see what may be going on.

• Eat something sweet so you get sticky saliva in your mouth.
    • Put the wooden end of a matchstick into this saliva…still in your mouth.
    • Spin the matchstick keeping it rotating in the same direction.

The result of this is that a hard chord of the saliva starts to form and on further
    twisting it knots…however once you stop spinning the matchstick it will stay there for
    a short while but then resumes its natural state…What do you mean “get a life”?

Ghislain

The Michelson–Morley experiment was performed in 1887 by Albert
    Michelson and Edward Morley at what is now Case Western Reserve University in
    Cleveland, Ohio. Its results are generally considered to be the first strong evidence
    against the theory of a luminiferous ether and in favor of special relativity. The most
    immediate effect at the time was to put an end to Lord Kelvin's Vortex theory,
    which said that atoms were vortices in the ether.
    Source:
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Indeed, but Alchemists seek to catch hold of this Prima Materia while it is still undetermined.

Touch yourself...Not like that!…
    Why not? If I'm feeling the form, I might as well enjoy it

Eat something sweet so you get sticky saliva in your mouth.
    Our Magnet.

Put the wooden end of a matchstick into this saliva…still in your mouth.
    Our Secret Fire and Athanor.

Spin the matchstick keeping it rotating in the same direction.
    I have already discussed the importance of Motion/Spin...

It will stay there for a short while, but then resumes its natural state…
    We have already (extensively) covered the topic of Philosophical Insulation...

What do you mean “get a life”?
    Hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Indeed, but Alchemists seek to catch hold of this Prima Materia while it is still undetermined.
    Hi Androgynus

Could it not be that you can never catch hold of this Prima Materia in its undetermined state for one can not detect it in its undetermined state.
    If you manage to catch hold of it in a state that you can detect then surely you have it in "form" as I mentioned before?

Touch yourself...Not like that!… Just touch one hand on the other and you are feeling
    the Prima Materia in form.
    Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 12-10-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: changed undefined to undetermined
    Open Book

Interesting . I wonder though, which is the better end of spiral to dream about?

A whirlpool is a spiral. I wonder if you might have drunk something which agreed with you.

Like the video.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by peethagoras View Post
    Interesting . I wonder though, which is the better end of spiral to dream about?
    Was this meant to be a paradox? Where does the spiral begin and end, if one were to dream such things??

A whirlpool is a spiral. I wonder if you might have drunk something which agreed with you.

Like the video.
    Could you please rephrase this?
    Still Searching.............

Blog Entries
    Could it not be that you can never catch hold of this Prima Materia in its undetermined state for one can not detect it in its undetermined state.
    If you manage to catch hold of it in a state that you can detect then surely you have it in "form" as I mentioned before?
    Undetermined, yet still in form... only our fragmented minds make this into a contradiction.

Have you ever felt undetermined? Did it cause you to lose form?

------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 12-11-2011 at 09:27 AM.

I would like to state that the following is in no way a scientific thesis and that I have only included
    articles that relate to benefit my argument.

I performed a google search for, “undetectable substance that is everywhere”, which returned with the first entry:

“Luminiferous aether - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”.

Within it, it says:

Isaac Newton contended that light was made up of numerous small particles. This could
    explain such features as light's ability to travel in straight lines and reflect off surfaces. This theory
    was known to have its problems: although it explained reflection well, its explanation of refraction
    and diffraction was less satisfactory. In order to explain refraction, Newton's “Opticks” (1704)
    postulated an "Aethereal Medium" transmitting vibrations faster than light, by which light,
    when overtaken, is put into "Fits of easy Reflexion and easy Transmission", which caused refraction
    and diffraction. Newton believed that these vibrations were related to heat radiation:
    It goes on to quote Newton as saying:

"I do not know what this Aether is", but that if it consists of particles then they must
    be "exceedingly smaller than those of Air, or even than those of Light: The exceeding smallness of its
    Particles may contribute to the greatness of the force by which those Particles may recede from one
    another, and thereby make that Medium exceedingly more rare and elastic than Air, and by
    consequence exceedingly less able to resist the motions of Projectiles, and exceedingly more able to
    press upon gross Bodies, by endeavouring to expand itself."

The article continues:

To explain stellar aberration in the context of an aether-based theory of light was regarded
    as more problematic, because it requires that the aether be stationary even as the Earth
    moves through it—precisely the problem that led Newton to reject a wave model in the first
    place.

Perhaps Newton was looking at it all wrong, there are no particles of aether or rather it is one great
    big universal particle within which everything we can comprehend is made of; and in general it is, for
    want of a better description, stationary.

The article further states:

Physicists still assumed, however, that like mechanical waves, light waves required a medium for propagation, and thus required Christiaan Huygens's( 1629 – 1695) idea of an aether "gas"
    permeating all space.

However, a transverse wave apparently required the propagating medium to behave as a solid, as
    opposed to a gas or fluid.

The idea of a solid that did not interact with other matter seemed a bit odd That is, the aether must be "still" universally.[/url]
    Then came James Clerk Maxwell

James Clerk Maxwell (13 June 1831 – 5 November 1879) believed that the propagation of light required a medium for the waves, dubbed the luminiferous aether...

Maxwell's original equations are based on the idea that light travels through a sea of molecular vortices known as the 'luminiferous aether', and that the speed of light has to be respective to the reference frame of this aether...

it seemed to require an absolute frame of reference in which the equations were valid... the aether was
    hypothesized as the absolute and unique frame of reference in which Maxwell's equations hold.
    That is, the aether must be "still" universally, otherwise c would vary along with any variations that
    might occur in its supportive medium.
    Could it be that there are no “vortices in the aether” as Maxwell proposed, but rather that, “light is just vibration travelling through a sea of aether”?

Vibration of light through the aether.

Taken from the book, “Meme”, think of motion of matter in space as the unwinding and rewinding of “Bether” (Sinjin’s
    word for his reintroduction of the concept of aether) in another place. (probably not the best
    analogy )

Think of matter as loop in a piece of twisted “rope”(Bether)...one can move the loop along the rope
    and the loop appears the same, but it is never the same piece of rope.

This could be verified if one were to colour segments of the rope, then as the loop moved it would
    change colour.

Aether fell to Occam's Razor, a blade wielded far too much, probably instigating the diversions of the
    truth indefinitely IMHO.

Among all great physicists who founded quantum theory, Professor Paul Dirac (1902–84)stands apart
    with Einstein and de Broglie.

Dirac reintroduces the theory of the universal aether.

In an article on this subject it states:

As we shall see, this might well turn out to be one of Dirac's main contributions to the new
    era opened (in the author's opinion) by Aspect's confirmation of the real existence of superluminal
    correlations in the physical world.
    I do not understand the mathematics proposed so I will leave that to the academics among you to
    ponder; however the article goes on to say:

The main problem now raised by this exposition is: How does Dirac's aether interact with a
    positive energy particle put in it?
    Dirac makes the assumption that one can place something within the aether when in reality
    everything is already in it and part of it; the aether is all that is.

The mind may not be able to comprehend the density of the aether or its properties...wave your
    hand in the air and you could say that there is nothing there; however the space industry would
    have to disagree when trying to reenter a vehicle into the atmosphere without air friction burning up
    the object. Now imagine a substance with billions of times less density than that of the air...how
    does your hand interact with that and what perception of it would you have?

Just to get some perspective on what we may be talking about here lets imagine that to make one
    quantum particle one would have to twist 1 cubic km of Bether into a singularity...that could be out
    by x10^10 or even more, or not , but hopefully it demonstrates what we don’t know or cannot
    conceive. How Bether reacts under given conditions can also not be know for sure, but this does not
    make it unreal.

Even Androgynus’ key is made from what the the key is trying to unlock. IMHO

Ghislain
    Open Book

Blog Entries
    Even Androgynus’ key is made from what the the key is trying to unlock.
    Every 'Question' has its own 'Answer' contained within itself.

And by the way, I am not a big fan of understanding reality through various theories/graphics/etc...

On all my non-physical travels (astral plane and beyond), I have rarely (if ever) encountered structures as are presented in various graphically supported theories.

It has to be KNOWN directly (IMO), not contemplated upon. And also forgotten right away, with memory being the 'curse' that it is

Not to say it's not a valid path for those who need it, and certainly could serve as a precursor (but NOT a substitute) for what is to 'follow'.

But maybe it's my 'burning the books' phase talking

Androgynus

I am not sure I fully understood what you wrote in your last post; however I would like to clarify a
    point in question

As I have said in previous posts, I follow threads.

As I was looking for a way to explain, an undetectable substance that is everywhere, I placed an
    enquiry into Google and it returned the entry on “Luminiferous Aether” an idea I already believe to
    be the truth, which the article proposed the book read scientific community had generally rejected,
    which is an obstacle to the path of truth IMO. I believe Quantum Physics will return us to the
    acceptance of a Universal Aether.

I was not trying to convey information which I had read in books; I was trying to explain what I know
    using what I have read as an example. I am not very proficient with words

It is said that Tao is “The Way that cannot be spoken”; this is not to say one can’t give it a good try.

As we think so we create matter. Even thought has substance. Defining thought as the electrical
    impulses moving through the brain, then thought has mass. The Universal Mind creates mass that
    we comprehend as matter; and that includes us.

While looking for a better way to explain what I wanted to say here I performed another Google
    search, which returned an article called, “Seven States of Matter - Everything is Mind”, which is
    worth a look IMO.

Ghislain

P.S. Burning books? Sacrilege!
    Open Book

+ Reply to Thread