Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Brought you to Alchemy?

I was raised a Lutheran, and in typical teenage fashion rebelled against the teachings of my parents. I toyed with Buddhism for a month, but realized I was too violent and REALLY like meat. Then I toyed with atheism, but that just wasn't me. I was introduced to Wicca by a friend, undertook the year and a day study and dedicated myself to Wicca around age 19. Then I became incredibly lax, and didn't really participate. Magic never really became overly interesting for me, so I just started calling myself a pagan. In March 2009 I met my (now ex) husband who introduced me to Thelema, the OTO and high magick. I took to practicing as his counterpart, and one night while I was playing with a very special candle I had a lucid dream.

Long story short Thoth came to me in my dream, directed me towards a different realm, a spectre of my husband gave me five symbols. Then I woke up. I spent the next year interpreting, reading and studying the symbols until I could discern a meaning. The first hint came with Count Caglliostro, who was an alchemist (some say). Then I found DWH's "Idiot's Guide to Alchemy". With that book I knew I was exactly where I needed to be. Alchemy connected to a very internal and quiet part of myself that I had not experienced in quite some time.

Pictures in My Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments, that I used extensively to experiment with from age 10 to 13. Later Time-Life science books, along with a chemistry hobby til age 17 intrigued me. Then, I began to ingest chemicals that elicited profound inner changes, first in the psychic domain, and then in the spiritual domain. I left Malkuth for Yesod and the Astral Triangle as I moved from physical science to occultism and philosophy as my field of study. Those imbibed chemicals had alchemical transmutational properties. I began to Realize myself as a spiritual being having a human experience, instead of a human being having a spiritual experience. Having crossed the Veil of Paroketh, from the Astral triangle Tiphereth and the Ethical Triangle, I moved toward Chesed on the Qabalistic Tree, taking Christian baptism and entering a Methodist seminary. By the time I met and married my first wife - a Lilith-female, embodying Geburah, 'Severity' (a word for both she and the sephirah), I experienced that 'marriage' as a plunge into darkness and alienation. Now, almost 20 years later, a better life was built, and I am, like the Ouroboric serpent, taking tail-in-mouth as I reconnect with physical lab work after decades of psycho-spiritual alchemy through Jungian analysis, and the practice of Jungian psychotherapy. How's that for 48 out of 58 years in a nutshell?

My experience in Alchemy is kinda.. shallow...
    the first time I knew of it from my video game 1 years ago, and when I searching some of it meaning that I didn't recognize one by one... I already trap in it.
    I can't get rid the idea about Alchemy and the other kind, it just keep bugging me.

I read a few essay about it. And that the one that lead me deeper into Alchemy. My knowledge is limited for a few thing, so... I said it first, I'm really sorry if I'm asking to much for this day onward.
    Seeing how the other, I know I'm pretty inexperience.

I studied spirituality from oriental part...
    then when I came to the occidental part few year ago it was impossible to avoid alchemy...
    and being a chemist I've begin to be a deep lover of alchemy.
    Now i'm studying it from some years and I'll start to run some operative alchemy shortly.
    I'm quite sure alchemy is not only in spiritual level but also in the operative level and there is where I want to go with it.

Research into electrogravitics did it for me.
    Alchemy kept popping up no matter how much I ignored it.
    Eventually reached a point where it could no longer be ignored.

Blog Entries
    I've been involved in this sort of exploration prior to my birthing, during other times and places. I find it no accident, or happen-stance, that one stumbles upon alchemy. It's oftentimes a continuation, a 'pick up' from where you left off.
    Last edited by Krisztian; 06-05-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

I have come to Alchemy to express spirituality in the physical.

For decades I have done this through ritual magic. However I am now more into the Franz Bardon stuff which has a concise wonderfull praxis.

It seems I still have some kind of need to do complex things in pursuit of spirituality which I have worked through completely in ritual magic, ceremonial terms. So now with a whole new praxis of lab technique the spiritual quest continues.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    I have come to Alchemy to express spirituality in the physical. For decades I have done this through ritual magic. However I am now more into the Franz Bardon stuff which has a concise wonderfull praxis. It seems I still have some kind of need to do complex things in pursuit of spirituality which I have worked through completely in ritual magic, ceremonial terms. So now with a whole new praxis of lab technique the spiritual quest continues.
    That makes a great deal of sense to me! I also desire for more simplicity in spirituality, without it the alchemy pursuit, the road itself, is much more of twists and curvier.

The Bardon material can straighten the road, I believe!
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

Thanks

I saw some stuff on youtube showing Lumir (Bardon's son) explaining that Bardon did spagyrics actual details were sparse however.

The idea of continuance from where you have left of that you suggest is very interesting Krisztian. Some spiritual tasks can take more then one lifetime I feel.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 06-10-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Honestly I never had a clue alchemy even really existed until a random event 2 years ago. I was looking at a website I frequent when this thing called The Book of Aquarius showed up in a thread. I was very drawn to the book and decided to read it. After reading it I was convinced alchemy was real but I didn't believe in the author's method as it didn't feel right when I performed the operations. Of course now for all practical purposes I know for a fact his method is wrong or at the very least extremely inefficient and perhaps impossible to ever bring to fruition.

Of course I will be completely honest I first heard about alchemy as a child from the first harry potter movie. I discarded it in the back of my mind as fantasy and medieval science as is popular opinion. I actually never thought to even look for a text of writing on alchemy, at the time I just assumed it was a made up thing. One of those things that someone dreams up that is impossible. Of course later on in life I got very into spiritual practices and became aware of the fact that there is a vibrant life force present and without it life could not exist. I had no idea how to capture it besides what I had learned from my esoteric spiritual studies. I developed a few different ways to increase my intake and preservation of life force but I had no idea how to bottle it.

Of course after hearing about alchemy being a thing some people had not only practiced but wrote a great deal about I knew I had found the art of capturing it. After just a bit of searching there were writings everywhere and I found wonderful books. Information and understanding came very easily as I guess I was finally ready for it. Ever since then things have been a great deal more interesting.

+ Reply to Thread