Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Rise of the Phoenix

- much better search feature
    - easier to use: posting, PM, editing posts etc
    - every member has their own site where they can create their own usergroups, galleries and have private discussions
    Yes, those are very good upgrades. I'm really excited about the last point you mentioned!

Blog Entries
    Have a look at mine for instance (I haven't done anything with it yet): http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?u=1

Just click on your name at the top right of the page!
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleilius View Post
    If your thread hasn't been moved, and is still ongoing, then you may continue to post on the old forum until it's moved/locked. Then you'll have to continue the discussion here.
    I understand the confusion and disruption involved in starting a new forum. Based on previous discussion of the move, it was my impression from the responses that the contents of previous active threads would be moved over to this forum in order to minimize the disruption to the flow of discussion and so that there would be recourse to review what previous posters had said as a contribution to the discussion. The particluar thread that I was hoping to respond to is locked (Dry Distillation of Acetates), although it has not been moved to this new forum. I could certainy re-create a new thread with that name, but unfortunately, the very question I was hoping to respond to had to do with what had been previously discussed in the thread.

If possible, as a suggestion, is it possible to move all postings that have been made, say over the past few weeks, to this forum?

If we just continue the thread without the benefit of the past messages, then any new members wishing to add to the discussions will have no idea what has already been discussed since they will not likely have access to the previous forum.

I'm sure that over time, this will resolve itself, but we will definitely have problems in the short term with the momentum that was built over the past month, unless some "history" is brought back to this forum.

Just my suggestion.

Illen

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    The particluar thread that I was hoping to respond to is locked (Dry Distillation of Acetates), although it has not been moved to this new forum.
    My apologies. I see that this thread has indeed been moved to this forum, although it is now under a different heading (Metallurgy and Minerology).

Illen

Blog Entries
    Don't worry!

No posts or threads will be lost at all!

The headings and sub-forums is not decided on yet... so if you are unsure where something is just use the search feature and you will find it!

Enjoy!
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread