Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Bismuth and Golden Rosicrucian Method to Attract and Collect the Spiritus Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    I actually contributed to part of the English translation, and went to great effort on my section (it turned out quite reasonable). However, I was very disappointed with the poor translation of most of the remaining parts. The very young 'Adam Goldsmith' promised to improve the rest of the translation, and I believe he came up with an improved version, but I understand that it was not much better. I think he basically just used the Google Translation on the French part. He passed away before he could improve it further.
    Thats because he wanted to make revised versions later, with slightly better translations than the previous versions and keep making a profit off it. (i know, its shitty, but such was the way of his ventures.)

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    Thats because he wanted to make revised versions later, with slightly better translations than the previous versions and keep making a profit off it. (i know, its shitty, but such was the way of his ventures.)

~Seth-Ra
    I don't wish to speak ill of the deceased, but I agree. His motivation to do so was his financial situation. He was very deep in debt.

Well he took my money and many of my friends on here and never sent a copy even of his bad translation but very nasty letters when we asked for our money back.

Quote Originally Posted by garvolt2002 View Post
    Well he took my money and many of my friends on here and never sent a copy even of his bad translation but very nasty letters when we asked for our money back.
    I remember that. But at least you now have the bad translation (link provided above). I might put together a better version if I have time.

Is there still no german transcription of the
    Thesaurus Thesaurorum a Fraternitatae Rosea et Aureae Crucis around? The handwriting indeed is hard though not impossible..

Blog Entries
    HERE is the German Fraktur version I have of the Thesaurus Thesaurorum.

BTW, HERE is also the Golden Chain of Homer (in German Fraktur fonts as well), including the (allegedly genuine) 3rd Part.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    HERE is the German Fraktur version I have of the Thesaurus Thesaurorum.

BTW, HERE is also the Golden Chain of Homer (in German Fraktur fonts as well), including the (allegedly genuine) 3rd Part.
    Thanks Andro,
    that's the MS Version of the TT with the hard to read handwriting I was talking about.

I already have that version of the Golden Chain of Homer Simpson too.

But I always appreciate your kind help! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread