Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flamel Evil?

Flamel Evil?

Forgive me fellow seekers... I came across this and for disscussion, threw up.
    I meant, threw it up but I digress!

:-/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJT6...e_gdata_player

Cute. Explaining a real person in a fictional book using knowledge of a fictional anime. Well, it was going to happen sooner or later.

TheAcademyofNerds obviously haven't studied the journey to the stone.

Androgynus did you look to the right of the room?

A poster of Dr. Who...he can't be all bad

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    TheAcademyofNerds obviously haven't studied the journey to the stone.
    That's why they are the 'Academy of Nerds' and not the Academy of Alchemists/Philosophers/Wizards/etc...

Power doesn't care. Look at electricity... Does it care if you use it for a lab hotplate or to power an electric chair? Some people can open Portals to Power. How they use it has nothing to do with the Power, but with those who use it...

Androgynus did you look to the right of the room?
    Of course, that's the place I always look first!

A poster of Dr. Who...he can't be all bad
    Don't judge a post by its poster

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime seeker View Post
    Forgive me fellow seekers... I came across this and for disscussion, threw up.
    I meant, threw it up but I digress!
    Well it is always good with new perspectives... but I think it is safe to assume he was not evil (outside of fiction).

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Thats hilarious. XD nice find, made me laugh. XD

Im a huge fan of Full Metal Alchemist, especially FMA 2: Brotherhood - ive watched all of it over 5 times each, including the movie "Conqueror of Shambala". There is a LOT of real PRINCIPLE at play in the show, and i find the maker of it, to be quite brilliant - and the art work used, to be very awesome. That being said - the point in the show about humans being sacrificed to make the Stone is really quite simple: the power of the Stone is that of Life itself - pure Sulphur/Life/Energy manifest - Life is everything, it is the Sulphur that gives substance to all things in the Mercury of our universe, allowing said Sulphur to manifest as its various Salts.
    Many are familiar with the vibrational frequencies of the 3 kingdoms - Metals/Minerals being cold, passive, Animals (humans especially) being hella active and fiery, and Plants that are the intermediate of the two extremes. Like an Ouroboros, these 3 cycle into one another as the frequencies of each matter gets changed - like tempo to a never-ending song.

The PRINCIPLES are there, and true and work in all kingdoms - this person's fanciful idea is rather ridiculous though. Some think Flamel may have used pieces of himself and his wife, who helped him, in creating the Stone - but never sacrificed others to that end. Honestly, that sounds more like something the Roman Catholic Church would have done, under the pretext of the crusades and inquisitions.

But Flamel was/is(?) an example of what most alchemists strive for - and he's a respected hero of mine, certainly not a villain. lol

To funny... XD

~Seth-Ra

(BTW - Dr. Who has that old-school-style of class. )
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

+ Reply to Thread