Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in John Dee and his work?

Anyone interested in John Dee and his work?

Hi, new member today. Please excuse me with my writing.

I hope this is how we get to talk on this forum, because I have not tried it before. I tried it earlier but the message said timed out try again, so instead I use your email numbers, and I am now here!!!. And I am glad too be here.

OK about John Dee. I very keen on all things to do with him, and have much to discuss with anyone who has a bit of sprea time.

Spent many years careful looks at Dee's work, and reached my conclusion:- John Dee he was much more clever than he has been given any credit for. I think he was a misunderstood master genius. That most of his readers find him to be obscure is not at all surprising, not to myself at any rate.

The heading up there did not aski if the Dee's MONAD has been cracked. I don't for a second believe it has anything to do with sun moon etcetera., But don't attack me without being fair about it. Then you can really attack like hellsbells.

Now that MONAD is how John Dee says it, and it must have some meaning for him. But when I read he says lvner sol element ignis, and truly the top one looks just like a real moon, only not fully. But the rest? Ok, there is a round sun, but the rest of it? No way Hoesay. Dee is having us all on, He is having a good laugh in his secret grave. Why? I will tell you some time, but I am a bit like scared you will say I am telling lies.

I am not though. It was Dee who was doing all the lies. An now he laughs!!!!

I think John Dee most certainly liked fish: red hearings*. He got a great kick out of his texts - its as if he was playing a game with his best closest friends - snakes and ladders. They all wanted immortality via print. Homer, Socrates Julius Caesar Pythagoras, Euclid and many more, all achieved a sort of immortality, at least the nearest we humans can achieve.

* I have a faxsimile of a crappy old book I got from a house by Chester in the county of Chesire, in England, (its in very poor condition) it has etchings of animals and cherubs, and strange for me to say it, 3 red fish, I think caught by a little boy who, by the look on his little face, has done some bad thing. Imagine a little boy toddler when he pulled his mama's goldfish from out of the water in a glass bowl. That sort of look.
    I do a smily :-< but that is no where like the face on the cover. Maybe I send a Jpg to here?

I laughed when I read Solomon's invisible fish in the other threads! Very funny mate! Invisible fish hA ha!

Anyway, back to my book, time after time I try to read the title of the thing, but alas no luck. I think some idiot must have taken it to sea in a idiot rowing boat. because its stained the way idiots salt water stains.

It holds in it a great amount of blurb on grammar (some in mine own tongue too) with a weird blending of arithmetic and geometry. These auncient Englysh bookes! Ho Ho.Not making no racy commengts, sorry if they were seen like it.

I saw Euclid Elements the one with John Dee writing in it, and you are not going to believe this part, straight away on the front, I saw the little boy again!!!!!! Yes. before yo ask I was not drunk or whatever. He is on the very top under kind of arch way, and old father time is there too. I do not know who the others are meant to be, but a man has nothing on him.

If anyone can know it all (and about my old book) I would be a very happy individual,

Enough being said now, will wait for a possible feedback.

Phew that took me loads of time to do it all! Please excuse it. my tongue is not as good as English etceteras, and it make many an errors, but I'm learning fastl by each day I try to get there even more.

So thanks to all. And sorry if I bored any one silly.

Hi Peethagoras,

While I've read some John Dee I can't say that I really know him or his books. My only John Dee moment was on New years eve, or maybe morning, about 2am. About 8 of us were in the hot-tub ending our metaphysical new years eve party and I quoted John Dee on something I don't remember anu more and somebody else said that I had the quote wrong. We made a bet and somebody went in the house and looked it up. I lost the bet. I had to run nude around the Mormon chapel next door being chased by everybody else and showered with silly string all the way. Since nobody else got dressed for it either it would have been quite a sight if anybody were around. It was a silly conclusion to a fun evening.

More Mon!

thats what a kiltless gay Scot might have said.

thnks for reply

Blog Entries
    I am becoming more interested in Dee's work. Thanks for bringing it to my attention,
    not for the first time, but i finally actually read it.

I understand quite a bit of this. It is not lies IMO. Simply well concealed truth, as is the
    custom of alchemists. Of great interest is the mention of Lemnian earth - something
    which has been a passion of mine. I'll post something on this later. It's all falling 2gether.
    Again.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by peethagoras View Post
    More Mon!

thats what a kiltless gay Scot might have said.

thnks for reply
    Hi Peethagoras,
    You have reminded me of the subject of the quote. It was about John Dee's joy in being nude (kitless).

Herein lies Lies

hi solomon levi

Dee has the Monas symbol in the centre of the title page of his Monas Hieroglyphica, but the planet signs he associates with each of the four parts is given in Therorum X.

See attached image. Notice that there are four symbols in his Monas. The reason for that particular number is because Dee both begins with the 4th abc letter, and it sounds like the name of the letter.

If four represents Dee, what then, stands for Iohn? or Iohannes?

I claim that what we read in all of his materials was not to inform the face-subject matter, but to carry a sub text . The keys being the abc and arithmetic. I think all the stories about Dee and Kelly were engineered to be red herrings and at the same time to remain in the public memory.

Who's heard of Nevilles de Lilkers these days? But you can be reasonably certain someone will recall reading or hearing about John Dee and Elizabeth I.

Its all down to memory. Dee and some of his friends thought they had hit on the door to imortallity, but setting the whole thing up took jucho casho and great power. Enter Good queene Besse.

Use your eyes,
    Read the lies.

regards
    Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hi Peethagoras.

Yes, but there are four elements that need revolving as well to generate the Philosophical Mercury.
    Iohannes means "fish", which is the symbol of Our Mercury:

Iohannes the Baptist and Iesous were also represented by fish, the vesica pisces:

The eyes may deceive
    and cause one to grieve
    but my heart doth conceive
    what thine eyes canst believe
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

thanks solomon levi

John the fish? any relation to poor John in Romeo and Juliet? Methinks I smell an hooke bayted with wit.

Where did you get that info?

By the way. Dee's Monas: seen the lies yet?

I am new both to the forum and to the field, so i apologize in advance if my posts are irrelevant to the subject.
    I've read Gustav Meyrink's "Angel at the Western Window" and that (fictional) acquaintance is more or less all i know about the genius alchemist/philosopher... i'd certainly want to learn more and shall follow this thread with great interest - thank you for starting it, Peethagoras.

i just ran on john dee....and somehow he just pops up often till that first time. i didn't read any of his works, here in serbia is very hard to find any good book abut alchemy....and my english isn't good enough to understand whole book. one thing that fascinated me about dee is his mirror. obsidian black mirror which helped him to comunicate with angles on enochian language through his student sir edward kelly.
    do you know anything about this kind of mirror?

+ Reply to Thread