Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in John Dee and his work?

No volatility...just pointing out your edge. All IS well indeed. But, why would you assume that I'm perceiving a threat, unless you were intending to evoke such a response? "Image" might be a concern of yours (or why even go there)? I am not interested in personalisms, neither am I into playing games. I do strive for clarification as I do not want to be misunderstood. I just lay all the cards on the table for a shared look at a phenomenon in question. Everyone takes a look, but everyone goes home to make their own interpretations. I'm still analyzing the data (including my participation), and I have arrived at few conclusions, but nothing that I would assert as fact.

Yes Niburu! Right on point! THANKS!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    I saved your excellent picture! My wife's daughter, at the time in high school, took this the only time I'd been to England. Can I assume your pic is also from the British Museum?
    yeah but unfortunately i didn't took it , it's from google.
    Obsidian is for skrying. Even black spray-painted surfaces have been used in modern times for the purpose.
    I don't know about this...I mean I heard that cocloured mirrors are good for practice too, but if I decide to do it I would use original obsidian mirror.
    (I built one of these myself, only I used a plate of brass instead of a plate of gold to surround the crystal. My crystal is smaller, but I was only doing a demonstration of Wiccan practices, not practicing myself).
    can ypu tell more about this practice and effects? I'm really new in all of this and my english is poor so if you could be specific and simple

I don't know what your native language is, but your English is just fine. I'm only monolingual (despite my 2 years of high school Spanish, 3 years of living with a Colombian room mate, and almost 30 years in S. Florida)!

Skrying is a practice that is used in Wicca (at least Alexandrian Wicca, not certain about Gardnerian Wicca. After Alex Sanders and Gerald Gardner, respectively). Here, spelled as 'Scrying,' is a basic Wiki article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying
    And this seems like a reasonable article since it shows the contradictions that one will find in the literature: http://astralthyme.com/scryingprocedure.html

I should add that I am not in favor of creating a vulnerable psychic condition that permits the unregulated upsurge of unconscious contents. I use trance induction for hypnotherapy of others, but I am telling them what they brought to me - their intention for change - and I am a pre-eminently ethical practitioner. I have very rarely used hypnosis to reprogram myself, but even then, my intention would be written down and visible to me after self-hypnosis has been established. I am not big on 'demons,' but demons may well be 'autonomous complexes' that reside in the 'Shadow' area of our unconscious. Autonomous complexes are 'constellations' of affect-cognition that seem to have 'a mind of their own,' Being troubled by one has been called 'demonic oppression.' Being preoccupied with one has been called 'demonic possession.' Of course, such experimentation may become quite a learning experience should one discover what kind of Shadow we have co-existing with our conscious selves in the unconscious. Just be careful. If you seek a teacher, make sure you don't feel creepy, sleazy, or some other unsavory 'vibe' about that person. Best if they are 'light-hearted' on more than one level.

Using Dee's call of the 30 aethyrs (in enochian) I have visited the 30 aethyrs OOB (out of body). Although some occultists consider this an achievment i agree with what Ray Sherwin once wrote in his book theatre of magic. Visiting the 30 aethyr's or scrying them in a shewstone as Kelly did for Dr Dee is a foundational exercise for the aspiring practitioner. That being said it should be done from 30 to 1 and most carefully, authors such as the scheuler's suggest that ones sanity of even physical life can be jeapardised if you go too high too fast (like Icarus).

I think a forum called evocationmagic.com has a whole sub-section on enochian but I have not read much of it so I leave it to the curious to draw their own conclusions.

Getting back to Alchemy I remember reading somewhere that the angels told Dee where some philosophers stone had been hidden, Dee and Kelly dug it up but if they actualy used it to project is not something I have read.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 06-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    I don't know what your native language is, but your English is just fine. I'm only monolingual (despite my 2 years of high school Spanish, 3 years of living with a Colombian room mate, and almost 30 years in S. Florida)!

Skrying is a practice that is used in Wicca (at least Alexandrian Wicca, not certain about Gardnerian Wicca. After Alex Sanders and Gerald Gardner, respectively). Here, spelled as 'Scrying,' is a basic Wiki article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying
    And this seems like a reasonable article since it shows the contradictions that one will find in the literature: http://astralthyme.com/scryingprocedure.html

I should add that I am not in favor of creating a vulnerable psychic condition that permits the unregulated upsurge of unconscious contents. I use trance induction for hypnotherapy of others, but I am telling them what they brought to me - their intention for change - and I am a pre-eminently ethical practitioner. I have very rarely used hypnosis to reprogram myself, but even then, my intention would be written down and visible to me after self-hypnosis has been established. I am not big on 'demons,' but demons may well be 'autonomous complexes' that reside in the 'Shadow' area of our unconscious. Autonomous complexes are 'constellations' of affect-cognition that seem to have 'a mind of their own,' Being troubled by one has been called 'demonic oppression.' Being preoccupied with one has been called 'demonic possession.' Of course, such experimentation may become quite a learning experience should one discover what kind of Shadow we have co-existing with our conscious selves in the unconscious. Just be careful. If you seek a teacher, make sure you don't feel creepy, sleazy, or some other unsavory 'vibe' about that person. Best if they are 'light-hearted' on more than one level.
    well my native is serbian, and i don't have much opportunities to speak english in everyday speach. so i use just basic english we learn in schools, and stuff picked from movies, web, music...:lol:
    ok i know what scrying is but i don't really know how procedure look like. i guess i will have more research in wiccan practice.
    what exactly do you mean by "creating a vulnerable psychic condition" and "trance induction". does it mean using some psychoactive substances? cause i thonk that you must be very carefull with that. me myself never used any of it ( if you don't count weed from teenage days :lol but i was thinking about it, and to be honest it's not something i would take for granteed. person who want to use some of the psychoactive substances must be of perfect mental health, and perfectly balanced in other way i think it can be countreproductive and cause more harm than good.
    about self hypnosis and revealing demons of unconscious....i thought that obidian mirror have similar purpose :lol: did i missunderstood it?
    i was thinking about hypnosis, but i rather do self hypnosis than lay myself infront of some other person. i don't know, guess i don't trust people....maybe because a enormous number of sharlatans here in serbia.
    thanks very much for advice.

I just did a brief google search "scrying techniques" several looked OK to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    well my native is serbian, and i don't have much opportunities to speak english in everyday speach. so i use just basic english we learn in schools, and stuff picked from movies, web, music...:lol:
    ok i know what scrying is but i don't really know how procedure look like. i guess i will have more research in wiccan practice.
    what exactly do you mean by "creating a vulnerable psychic condition" and "trance induction". does it mean using some psychoactive substances? cause i thonk that you must be very carefull with that. me myself never used any of it ( if you don't count weed from teenage days :lol but i was thinking about it, and to be honest it's not something i would take for granteed. person who want to use some of the psychoactive substances must be of perfect mental health, and perfectly balanced in other way i think it can be countreproductive and cause more harm than good.
    about self hypnosis and revealing demons of unconscious....i thought that obidian mirror have similar purpose :lol: did i missunderstood it?
    i was thinking about hypnosis, but i rather do self hypnosis than lay myself infront of some other person. i don't know, guess i don't trust people....maybe because a enormous number of sharlatans here in serbia.
    thanks very much for advice.
    Ouroboros, that's a fascinating logo you have beside your name. Did you create it?
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

I was not referring to psychoactives, but rather classic hypnotic inductions - usually just verbal instructions, but sometimes with kinetic components (I'll ask permission to take a client's arm, or wrist, and begin a rhythmic motion, for those people who simply cannot go into trance with verbal instruction). The Chevruel pendulum is a simple way to induce trance (somnambulism). Just for your edification, I always have my wife in the house from which I conduct hypnotherapy. She always greets my clients. I also offer a light blanket for women, but it is usually refused. The last difficult client was an Orthodox Jewish 17 year old girl who could not turn off her mind. I had to meet certain Orthodox criteria for her to see me (mother was in adjoining room), and I needed specific permission to touch her wrist! Yichud law.

The Chevreul Pendulum, as I was taught, is held in thumb and index finger, but with elbow on table. There is no 'yes' or 'no' business as in the video. You just want your eyes to move up and down until the pendulm movement is subtly translated to still fingers via micro-movements. When it's going up and down, stop moving your eyes. Come to center stillness. Then begin moving your eyes side to side. Same process. Back to center. Then, move your eyes clockwise around the circle until movement is transferred to the pendulum. Stop. Reverse the direction. By the time the pendulum feels like it is being moved by an 'external' force, you have achieved dissociation, and are in a light trance state. Your intention for change should be written on a card and folded so that it is right there to look at, like, "I enjoy homework." "Stop smoking now!" It should be short and to the point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHWd56kBqio

Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    Ouroboros, that's a fascinating logo you have beside your name. Did you create it?
    nope, i wish...it's menton matthews, artist and musician. he was part of the band sunday munich, and now he perform under name saltillo. i'm not so big fun of his music as i am when his art is about
    here you have more interesting art whith alchemy motives http://www.menton3.com/gallery.php?c...al&lst=1&pgn=0

+ Reply to Thread