Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Great Quote Collection

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    “There is no way to peace, peace is the way.”

― A.J. Muste
    There is another Way, however. If we stay with the martial arts, this other Way is described by Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of the modern martial art of Aikido. Ueshiba, commenting on Sun Tzu ("The Art of War") and Musashi, stated:

“The Way of the Warrior has been misunderstood as a means to kill and destroy others. Those who seek competition are making a grave mistake. To smash, injure, or destroy is the worst sin a human being can commit. The real Way of a Warrior is to prevent slaughter—it is the Art of Peace, the power of love.”

Unlike Sun Tzu or Musashi, who accepted the inevitability of war, emphasized cunning strategy and manipulation of the enemy as a means to victory, Ueshiba understood that continued fighting with others and ourselves was disastrous. “What we need now,” he wrote during the depths of World War Two, “are techniques of harmony, not those of contention. The Art of Peace is required, not the Art of War.”

Through the martial art of Aikido, Ueshiba taught the Art of Peace as a means of handling aggression. The Art of Peace is a way of life that fosters fearlessness, wisdom, love, and friendship. Ueshiba believed that every person could become a Warrior for Peace.

Ueshiba was not a warrior to trifle with. As the Master of Aikido, he was perhaps the greatest martial artist in modern times. He could disarm any foe, down any number of armed attackers, and pin an opponent with a single finger. Video clips of Ueshiba in his late 70s and early 80s show how he could effortlessly move through a throng of attackers and disable each without injury. Although invincible as a warrior, he abhorred violence, fighting, and war.

The modern business person therefore seems to have two models to choose from. The older model sees the world as a competitive place where the cunning and the powerful may rise to success through strategies designed to defeat opponents. This is an “eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth” view of things. The newer model sees the world as a place where peace can allow all to prosper. As Ueshiba said:

“The Art of Peace does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed; instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term samurai is one who serves and adheres to the power of love.”

I believe that a business community based on Ueshiba’s model would be a place of enlightenment, abundance, and prosperity.

What about you? Which model do you choose for your life, your organization, and your community: The Way of War or the Way of Peace?

SOURCE

Ueshiba believed that every person could become a Warrior for Peace.
    "Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."

Blog Entries
    "Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity..." is a "joke" by George Carlin... although I think he used the term "screwing", but now we are getting picky. I think "fucking" sounds better. But yes he is correct.

There is no point in fighting for peace. Peace is the Way... the Way is not a struggle, or a fight, to walk... either you walk it or you don't. You might stumble and trip... but if you are on the Way, then you are. And I have a tendency to write "you"... I really mean I. LOL.

As for everything posted regarding Martial Arts I could not agree more, especially since Aikido is the martial art I am most skilled in (although skilled is a bit of an overstatement, but if compared to other martial arts it is true).

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    There is another Way, however...
    From my perspective it is not another Way, but the exact same one.

Last edited by Awani; 03-14-2017 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Add :)

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    From the Smashing Pumpkins' Bullet with Butterfly Wings:

The world is a vampire, sent to drain
    Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
    And what do I get, for my pain?
    Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game

Even though I know - I suppose I'll show
    All my cool and cold - like old job

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
    Then someone will say what is lost can never be saved

Now I'm naked, nothing but an animal
    But can you fake it, for just one more show?
    And what do you want?
    I want to change
    And what have you got, when you feel the same?
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 06-26-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    “All mysticism has two contradictory or complementary aspects: the one conservative, the other revolutionary.” —Gershom Scholem

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread