Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Quote Collection

Blog Entries

A couple new quotes i came up with today:

"I don't want to do miracles. I am the miracle." - solomon levi

"Addiction is what we need." - solomon levi
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything - but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

- Terry Pratchett
    I missed this one! Really nice!

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration." - Nikola Tesla

Blog Entries
    From this week's episode of 'Supernatural':

Dean: "Don't think they knew some big secrets that we don't know."
    Sam: "Dean, they were a secret society!!!"
    Dean: "Which means that they made crap up..."
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    And the moral: Not all that glitters is gold... See L. Ron, for example... Tried his luck with Sci-Fi, but making up/inventing an entire religion was his real game changer

Makes one wonder about religious founders with much less historical records available than L. Ron...

I recommend the book 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, where a writer is commissioned by a mysterious character to write a religion...

Blog Entries
    I recommend the book 'The Angel's Game' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, where a writer is commissioned by a mysterious character to write a religion.
    Sounds like a good read Androgynus.

And the moral: Not all that glitters is gold... See L. Ron, for example... Tried his luck with Sci-Fi, but making up/inventing an entire religion was his real game changer

Makes one wonder about religious founders with much less historical records available than L. Ron...
    Well, L. Ron Hubbard dabbled in the occult and magic quite seriously at one point; I think he got confused [in the power] as well as 'mystified' when he was in the desert with another occultist conducting experiments. That probably lead the way to believing that he was 'chosen' not unlike other religious and political figures.

The sci-fi novels were probably a form of catharsis for him, not unlike for abductees such as Whitley Strieber who express things they can't explain by novels.

Blog Entries
    Watch The Master! Good take on Hubbard. Also a well-acted film.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Makes one wonder about religious founders with much less historical records available...
    They were all tripping IMO.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Watch The Master! Good take on Hubbard. Also a well-acted film.
    I'm not much of a movie watcher, but I have to say that the title of that film did catch my eye, dev. Alright, I'll see it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    From Glauber:
    .. The reason of hiding this Secret so long, hath been only the wickedness of Men, who seek not after these great things, that they might honour God, and succour the Poor, but rather, that by great Riches they might be able to enslave their neighbours. But when such Men, who have forsaken the Vanities of the World, seek after them, God puts it into their hands, so that striving nor running in this helps nothing, but only Gods blessing.

Blog Entries
    some great quotes from Rainer Maria Rilke:
    'It is a tremendous act of violence to begin anything. I am not able to begin. I simply skip what should be the beginning.'
    “When I saw others straining toward God, I did not understand it... for our part consists almost solely in letting him grasp us.”
    'The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens.'
    “I feel it now...there's a power in me to grasp and give shape to my world. I know that nothing has ever been real without my beholding it.”
    “I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.”
    “Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always.”
    'It is the best thing in life that each should have everything in himself; his fate, his future, his whole expanse and world.'
    'He reproduced himself with so much humble objectivity, with the unquestioning, matter of fact interest of a dog who sees himself in a mirror and thinks: there's another dog.'

+ Reply to Thread