Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Quote Collection

Blog Entries
    Archimedes: "Show me a point in the universe and I shall lift the world out of its hinges!"

Blog Entries
    From this week's episode of 'Person of Interest':

Quoth Harold Finch:

"Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you'll almost certainly end up adding to them."

PS: He DID say 'almost'
    Last edited by Andro; 02-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    This one resonates with Androgynus' last:
    "If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life." - Henry David Thoreau

"To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just." - Heraclitus

"I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone." - Francis of Assisi

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius

"Love takes up where knowledge leaves off." - Thomas Aquinas

"Because of the diverse conditions of humans, it happens that some acts are virtuous to some people, as appropriate and suitable to them,
    while the same acts are immoral for others, as inappropriate to them." - Thomas Aquinas
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    "This is our sea, let's take a rosie cruise." - Solomon Levi

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    "Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?"

- Ernest Gaines

Blog Entries
    'The obscure we see eventually, the completely apparent takes longer.’ — Edward Murrow

'Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one.’
    — Voltaire

‘Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.’
    — Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Last edited by solomon levi; 03-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    ‘The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.’ — Albert Einstein

‘The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge.’ — Daniel J. Boorstin
    Last edited by solomon levi; 03-13-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Brought tears to my eyes everytime I saw the movie.

I can describe it as a powerful feeling of Yes and No as Maybe, as Three Two One, I am Happy and I am Sad, I am Weak and I am Strong, I am Mute and I am Still Singing Our Song (or something like it, point being this quote moves me):

"I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An Inch, it is small and it is fragile, but it is the only thing the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you. I love you. With all my heart, I love you. -Valerie”

by

― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3961.Alan_Moore

And...

"This could never happen, therefore it already has."

by

- This
    Love Truth Wisdom

Blog Entries
    From Modest Mouse's Third Planet

When it occurred to me that the animals are swimming around
    in the water in the oceans in our bodies and
    another had been found, another ocean on the planet
    given that our blood is just like the Atlantic
    And how the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
    if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save, they just stand there shining.” ― Anne Lamott

+ Reply to Thread