Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View Poll Results: Do you want this upgrade?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

8 80.00%
  • Unsure/maybe

2 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade wanted?

Blog Entries

Upgrade wanted?

vBulletin is always advancing forward, recently they have been talking a lot about integration with other social networks (especially FB), so I put this out there to see if you all want this or not?

vBulletin Just Got Even More Social

In the past, we've talked about some of the benefits of leveraging the vBulletin Facebook App to build a stronger, better forum that provides a great experience for your members. There are 3 primary "must-haves" that this app provides for your form:

1. You get to tap into the largest network on the planet - If you want to grow, then you must "go where the people are", and no network on earth has more people than Facebook at the moment. Glean from their 800 million+ members to grow a thriving social community of your own on your forum.

2. Your members get to participate in your forum even when they aren't technically "on" it - An estimated 400 million people log into Facebook as a part of their daily routine. Your members get to post and comment on your forum while still logged into Facebook, increasing engagement and keeping your community at the top of their minds.

3. You get to turn each of your forum members into a marketer for your community - As your members interact, post, "like", and "send" away many of their actions will be broadcasted to their individual networks of friends, which can range from a few to several thousand at a time - per member.
    Haven't taken advantage of the Facebook App yet? Well, we've just released version 1.0.2 and current customers are raving about some of the new functionality and features that it provides to make your forum more social than ever.

1. Facebook "Like" Button Added - Now forum members can "like" an individual article entry, blog entry, photo, or thread. This activity will show up in their Facebook activity stream and provide peer advertising for your forum.

2. Facebook "Send" Button Added - Forum members now have the ability to send articles, blogs, photos or threads from your forum to their Facebook friends. This kind of social proof increases interest, engagement, and grows your membership base.

3. Guest Viewing of Your Forum - Previously, guests (non-members) were not able to view forum content when perusing a community via the Facebook App. Now guests have full visibility of the content on your App, enticing them to become members of your forum if they would like to join in on the fun.

4. Exact Forwarding to Unread Posts - Previously, if you were to click on a forum that contained unread posts (via the Facebook App) you would be forwarded to the very beginning of that thread. Our latest update now allows you to be forwarded directly to the first unread post within that same thread, thereby enhancing your members' browsing experience by taking them exactly where they want to go faster and with less hassle.
    If you would like to enhance the social footprint of your forum, you can go here to start enjoying these new features today!

Helping You Build Better Communities,

Your vBulletin Support Staff

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    HELL NO ! ! !

i think the first video is fake. Its from onion news, they make fake news, i think.

Blog Entries
    Yes... then NO it is! LOL!

Although I agree that FB is filled with lots of crap and morons, it is just a tool... I use it as a way to connect to all my guerilla soldiers across the globe and we don't care if Big Brother is listening. We want him too...

Besides all the NWO leaders, Big Corp lizards and the like are nothing to feel threatened by. Our fear gives them power. IMO.

To me they are just silly babies.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    It's not fear... the very concept of face-hook repels me (personally)... The videos are just for the fun of it

I believe the Forums should grow, and the Art should grow. That being said - it all is growing, all the time. Those that wanna know, do the research. Those who are ready to share and discuss, are usually smart enough to do a google search for "alchemy forum" and find us pretty easily.

FB may provide more public interaction, but that can have as many cons as pros - usually more cons. For instance, no one needs trash-type comments left on their facebook, due to a response they made on a thread, especially from know-nothing people. (look at the flame-wars that happen in youtube comments...)
    To me, Alchemy is one of the best kept secrets of our time - a community and Art that is always growing, but always behind the scenes/under the noses. Like Spiritus Mundi, we grow best in the darkness of the Moonlight, until the world becomes our Sun-filled utopia.

Imo.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    Yes, a NO is probably best... probably why I avoided pushing this upgrade button automatically (compared to other times). My subconscious guardian never sleeps. He he.

Andro: have you heard of this?

http://www.hatebook.org/

I have my problems with FB also, but I can't ignore the fact that it helped me regain contact with family members I thought I had lost forever. As for the forums best to leave them "off-the-grid". There is another upgrade I was also considering which is the possibility for each member to have a blog on their profile.

Maybe this is something that is more attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    There is another upgrade I was also considering which is the possibility for each member to have a blog on their profile.

Maybe this is something that is more attractive?

Yes, that is indeed more attractive.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

What's FaceBook?

Ghislain

Last edited by Ghislain; 02-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

No...

I assume most of us have already done an excellent job freaking out most of our friends... and probably we don't need more help on that.

And, considering that anyone who writes "alchemy forum" in google will find that this website is the #1 result, it is safe to assume that most people who were trying to find a forum about alchemy on the internet are already here.

+ Reply to Thread