Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New moderator: Andro!

Blog Entries

Exclamation New moderator: Andro!

Andro is our newly appointed moderator.

Glad to have you on board, three (mods) is the magic number after all...

--------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 01-03-2017 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Name change...
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Andro is our newly appointed moderator.

Glad to have you on board, three (mods) is the magic number after all...
    Hi, everyone, this caught me a bit by surprise... but it's no biggie, really...

I can just re-post my response to Dev when he asked me if I would be willing to take the job:

Quote Originally Posted by Andro
    Hi Dev,

I'm not the interventionist type by nature, but if it means to help keeping the forum tidy and uncluttered (and spammer free!) - I will be honored to be of assistance and lend a hand, because I really DO care a lot for this forum...

So if you think I can help out - I am open to giving it a try, but just know that my natural disposition is quite non-interventionist.
    (except of course for maintaining the basic guidelines, which are important for productive communication)

Thanks for offering, I can only try to do my best and see how it works out...

A.
    I strongly feel that Alchemy, with its many aspects, angles, perspectives and opinions - is a major key for human transformation/evolution/transcendence/call it what you will...

This is why it is so important to have such an open forum, free of agendas and interests (and advertizing ), where all perspectives are welcome and diversity is respected and encouraged, in spite of the disagreements that pop out here and there...

I'll do my best to hold up the vision of this forum while keeping intervention to the lowest possible minimum.

So, you know, just respect the fact that we have different views and that all this open sharing is amazing, as long as we don't try to enforce our own views on others...

So nothing really changes, except a little more computer time for cleaning duties and a little less burden for Dev and Sol

---------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 01-03-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Name change...

Congrats Andro. Im sure you'll do fine with the new-found power/responsibility.

~Seth-Ra

---------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 01-03-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Name change...
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Congratulations on the promotion!!!
    Still Searching.............

Congrats on your new title! Is there a pay increase? =)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Susu View Post
    Congrats on your new title! Is there a pay increase? =)
    Hi Susu, do you mind if I answer you later? I'm too busy counting the money right now

But 'seriously'... It's actually a pay DE-crease, it's a volunteer job which is mostly janitorial

I've accepted it because I honestly care for this forum and I acknowledge its importance, as well as the importance of keeping it uncluttered and free of agendas, spammers, personal threats/attacks, etc... while keeping intervention to a minimum...

If at any time I will feel I am no longer able to do this, I will resign and 'pass it on', like another friend of mine here has already done.

But thanks anyway

So I guess I don't need to ask about Health Insurance. lol

At any rate keep up the good work. I know I may not post as much as I have wanted either due to myself still trying to learn on my own or life getting in the way but I do check the forums every day and it is always good to see everything running smoothly.

Congratulations of receiving the promotion. I promise to keep my section of our forums clean! :-)

By that I mean my posts.

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for all your help in moderation brother.
    You've really made a difference. I greatly appreciate your labors.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Dear Sol, I rarely get any words of appreciation for my janitorial work (not that I am expecting any - more often than not, I'm used to getting static )

But THANK YOU!

I really care for this Forum and its beautiful sharing flow, so I'm trying my best to maintain the flow as well as uphold the principles upon which it was founded.
    (Much appreciation to Dev is in order for this, as well)

I also do a lot of work on my computer these days, so I'm online most of the time anyway.

But the real 'problem' is the 'split personality' issue I sometimes find myself dealing with... Maybe it's because all of the thread-splitting

I'm sure you've experienced this once or twice, as Posting Member and Moderator at the same time - and I definitely don't want to neglect posting what I have to share, on account of cleaning detail

Anyway, thanks a lot and a big e-Hug!
    Last edited by Andro; 11-15-2012 at 02:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread