Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-body experience

Blog Entries

Out-of-body experience

Not sure where to place this, but since it is mind related I put it here... anyone got a better suggestion? Edit: moved to Shamanism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Anyway I always wanted to be able to do this, but never got around to even really trying it out. I have also had problems with meditation being so fucking hyper... perhaps it could be a cure for hyper-active behavior but I don't see it as a problem. My speed makes two life times fit into one... he he

So any tips on how to achieve this? Any good site with tricks?

Also has anyone tried psychedelics and also done natural OBE? If so is there a difference in the out of body journey (which you can have in both states)?

Lastly has anyone travelled to a friends house, seen what the friend is doing and then after the OBE called to check if this was correct? I mean does the OBE happen in our physical realm or is it like psychedelics in the mind or in another dimension?

Last edited by Awani; 12-09-2016 at 02:52 AM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I had only one, unforgettable astral projection in 1972. I would lie down to sleep in the late afternoon. There are tricks, like eating something salty and placing a glass of water across the room, but...On this day, I suddenly found myself suspended outside the 2nd floor bedroom window, facing south, about a dozen feet in the air, and about half a dozen feet south of my bedroom window. The neighborhood was silvery-blue, with silvery edges to curb lines and edges. I realized I was in two places at once, and then looked down to see my legs dangling in the air. When my vision was directed downwrad, I saw no legs or body. I was overwhelmed with fear. The fear initiated the sensation of being whisked backward very rapidly and suddenly my body jack-knifed in bed, my legs and arms shooting upward and the feeling one has in a roller coaster when your stomach drops. I jumped off the bed and ran to the window. I have detailed this in the book I'm working on.

On another occasion, while trying to project while lying on the floor, I visualized the Sun, and then, a 100 watt clear light bulb (as if the visualization was somehow going to damage my inner eye). The yellow-white ligt expanded and began to hum. I could still feel my body although powerful bliss was overwhelming it. I could feel the smile muscles tightening into a huge grin. Then, again, fear. I realized I was paralyzed. My sense of embodiment did not vanish THAT day, neither my mental identity, but it does seem to be a lower state of Nirvikalpa, or a higher Savikalpa samadhi that ensued. True Nirvikalpa (or Asamprajnata samadhi) was another year away, but that is another story. I never had more than a partial rolling-off the bed astral projection after that.

My best friend told me of his experience of needing to urinate, going to the bathroom where all lines were shifting off their plane in typical silvery-blue light, when he too realized that he was in two places at the same time, and physically sat up in bed. Robert Monroe's book Journeys Out of the Body was encouraging. So was Aleister Crowley's directions.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Not sure where to place this, but since it is mind related I put it here... anyone got a better suggestion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Anyway I always wanted to be able to do this, but never got around to even really trying it out. I have also had problems with meditation being so fucking hyper... perhaps it could be a cure for hyper-active behavior but I don't see it as a problem. My speed makes two life times fit into one... he he

Also has anyone tried psychedelics and also done natural OBE? If so is there a difference in the out of body journey (which you can have in both states)?

Lastly has anyone travelled to a friends house, seen what the friend is doing and then after the OBE called to check if this was correct? I mean does the OBE happen in our physical realm or is it like psychedelics in the mind or in another dimension?

Hi Dev,

The answer to that is a yes for both, and yes one can have or experience in both states.

As far as if there is a difference, that is difficult to say. As Monroe said, there are a number of varieties. Within categories I would say that they are the same. Then there are death experiences on psychedelics and as natural "NDE" or maybe "DE" with recurrance.
    Last edited by III; 04-13-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Hi,*
    I once had a type of OOB experience while dreaming. I woke up on the road where I live, and knew I was Not in my body. I got so thrilled with the realisation and planned to see if I could go to my sister on other side of country, but my heart speeded up with the excitement and I went back to my body

as I remember Muldoon says heart beat needs to be under 40 bps, this is a fail safe so you don't OOB while driving the car

One trick I do try is to have lucid dream, by planting a trigger symbol or experience in advance of going to bed, so if you are really thirsty, say after a night on the beer, I always dream of drinking a litre of cola, so I say to myself if you dream of cola, you will realise you are asleep and so now try to fly and wake up. Another trigger is when I find myself flying I say - hold I can't fly so must be asleep, and then try to become awake in astral body.

they say when you dream of flying you are actually travelling in your astral body, and the sense of movement is what causes dream of flying. I have very frequent flying dreams and always feel I've had a really refreshing sleep

the idea is most people only hover a few inches in astral body, above physical body, but when separation is wider you soak up more "cosmic energy" or rather What we might call Spiritus Mundi

Sylvan Muldoons classic book is well worth looking at, as well as Monroes other book Far Journeys

Maybe some of us could have an astral meet up

Happy flying

Blog Entries
    There is the technique of binaural beats (which was invented by Monroe if I remember well). Here http://www.bwgen.com/ you can download oOBE presets and listen to them when you go for sleep, they work.

The plant Salvia produces OBEs very similar to natural ones. There is a class of drugs called dissociatives that can induce this state of "dissociation" between the astral body and the physical (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative). Between them is salvinorin, ketamine, ibogaine..

I did try some of the Monroe ideas - I built one of Monroes devices from plans in a hobbyist electronics magazine. I found this beat frequency caused my stomach to be a bit unsettled, so did not go too far with this. I felt it was forcing things too much. You can get CDs of Monroes with these tones.

Not sure if I read it on this website or elsewhere, but someone said that if you find yourself in an OOB or lucid dream, that by looking at your hands, it provokes a realisation that you are in non physical mode. That's makes sense to me.

4 flying easy trigger just see moulin rouge movie

& pls report success

Blog Entries
    I don't have a lot of time to write on this today, but I'll give a start.
    First the body needs to be relaxed. Not as a rule, but it's generally a good start.
    So what I used to practice while going to sleep was to relax my body starting
    at the toes. Well, first tense your whole body - squeeze every muscle and hold
    your breath and push and then suddenly let go and relax everything. Do this 2 or 3 times.
    Then take a few deep relaxed breaths and start at your toes and tell them to relax.
    Imagine you feel (sometimes you really do feel it) a tingling or vibration, humming
    or buzzing in your toes, sort of like they fell asleep. Or see light in them or warmth...
    all these associations may appear. Anyway, just go up the body telling it to relax and
    feeling the vibration... toes, feet, ankles, calves...
    When you've gone all the way to your head/face, double check your body for any remaining tension.
    Be sure your shoulders and neck are relaxed and also allow your jaw to drop slightly open.

So if you've gotten that far and are still awake/aware, and your body is buzzing, you're very close to
    getting out. Sometimes you'll notice you can't move your body, like it's paralysed.
    If you're close but not out, there are several things to try.
    Imagine rolling out... or imagine you are on a swing and swing out - grab something instead of
    swinging back... or do the Monroe technique where you focus the vibrations into a ring and
    send it up and down your body... or reach with your hand through the floor...

Oh - in my experience, it helps if you're not laying flat but lay with your back and head
    propped up a bit or a lot. This little difference tells your body and your subconscious that you
    are doing something other than going to sleep.

Another simple thing to practice, although it may interfere with your sleep if you have to
    wake up for work or something, but just lie there and tell yourself something like "while my
    body sleeps my mind stays awake and aware" and just watch your body fall asleep while
    "you" remain vigilant. In other words, try to watch your body fall asleep.
    Or, if it is dark enough, try to fall asleep with your eyes open. This has worked for me before also.
    Last edited by solomon levi; 04-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies. I am still digesting some of this stuff.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

+ Reply to Thread