Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-body experience

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    Once the whole body is asleep if you can push further you will experience the vibrational state which is the chakra system opening and allowing the spirit to separate, the chakras are like magnets that keep the spirit intact.
    So how can you be certain that your mind is awake? When I have had lucid dreams I experience worlds that are not real, although my mind is awake. But in OBE, from what I understand, the mind goes into "real" worlds (this one or other ones)... BUT how can you know that whatever you experience in OBE is not simply part of the "dream"?

What have you gathered from looking at those experiences with a critical or questioning mind (if you ever have that is)?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    So how can you be certain that your mind is awake? When I have had lucid dreams I experience worlds that are not real, although my mind is awake. But in OBE, from what I understand, the mind goes into "real" worlds (this one or other ones)... BUT how can you know that whatever you experience in OBE is not simply part of the "dream"?
    All is the mind. The physical world is materialized ether pulled down into existence from the mental plane. Dreams are possible realities within yourself that teach you lessons about your past, as well as clues to your correct path in the future. Lucid dreaming is taking control. The lucid dreamer can manifest the mental plane into the physical plane easier. As Hermes said All Is Mind, everything you see HAS been created, and IS being created. (by you and everyone else) And astral projection is different than Lucid Dreaming and standard dreaming. Dreams are possibilities that you witness, Lucid Dreams are taking control which gives you the ability to meet your fears and past road blocks head on with a conscious mind, not a sub conscious one. Astral projection is the spirit/mind being PROJECTED outward away from the body and taking it other places. You can visit the physical world in this form OR visit other planes, most of them that you have created already. The sacred cities of Shambala and the like all exist in the astral planes. These places always look the same, the only thing that changes is your experience while there. The astral plane is pretty consistent in staying one way, sometimes it blends with the dream world and window or something will be in a different place.
    Last edited by Andro; 10-27-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Fix BB code.

Blog Entries
    So how can you be certain that your mind is awake?
    No loss of consciousness during the entire journey. Fully conscious exit and re-entry, for starters.

All those I know (myself included) who 'travel' OOB know this very well.

However, in a more 'general' sense, one cannot be certain of (almost ) anything... The mind is not (awake), ever - all that occurs is phasing from one 'hallucination' to another.

The difference at 'physical' death is that the the process is a tad less 'reversible'

Also, since this came up, lucid dreams are somewhat more likely to lead to other (parallel?) realities/creations/universes, compared to fully conscious OOB.

But that's my own experience. Results may vary...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    Astral projection is the spirit/mind being PROJECTED outward away from the body and taking it other places. You can visit the physical world in this form OR visit other planes, most of them that you have created already. The sacred cities of Shambala and the like all exist in the astral planes. These places always look the same, the only thing that changes is your experience while there. The astral plane is pretty consistent in staying one way, sometimes it blends with the dream world and window or something will be in a different place.
    I have had the same dream many times. And the places look the same. So again how are you certain you are not only having lucid dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    No loss of consciousness during the entire journey. Fully conscious exit and re-entry, for starters.
    I have many times been fully conscious, even gone so far as believing I was 100 % awake... only to find out I was still asleep.

I am not rejecting what you guys are saying... I am only trying to understand "what" (if anything) "proof" you have that tells you that you are infact not just having a very lucid dream - which seems to be an OBE. Also when in that state have you looked at the experience with critical/questioning eyes? Or has those OBE only been accepted without question?

What is the diffrence between OBE and Astral Projection? I thought there was none.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I have many times been fully conscious, even gone so far as believing I was 100 % awake... only to find out I was still asleep.
    I mentioned above that in OBE/'astral' travel (same thing basically, except that one can travel/OBE 'beyond' the astral plane as well), there is no loss of consciousness when 'exiting' the body and when 're-entering' it.

It is surely possible be fully conscious in a lucid dream, but with no awareness of how you got there - unlike OBE, where one is fully aware/awake with no interruption from departure to landing.

There's also a cool trick to use lucid dreaming (not regular OBE) to 'jump' to a different reality of your choosing and remain there, but I'm still practicing at this time.

Blog Entries
    unlike OBE, where one is fully aware/awake with no interruption from departure to landing.
    Ok, this is the answer I was looking for... however I have a few times not noticed falling asleep and entered a very realistic dream thinking I was still awake.

I guess in the end we can't really be certain about anything. If we are living in a dream within a dream... and then trying to understand which dreams within that dream is the real dream or just dreams... well its a can of worms. And finally only by having a full OBE can I personally understand it.

I have only had about two lucid dreams that I can remember, and no OOB experience so far,
    But I would imagine a simple way to check if you really went OOB is to get a third party to do
    something in a room, say chalk a number on a board and then you go to that room in your
    OOB state and read the number. Would that not be proof?

Ghislain

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I have only had about two lucid dreams that I can remember, and no OOB experience so far,
    But I would imagine a simple way to check if you really went OOB is to get a third party to do
    something in a room, say chalk a number on a board and then you go to that room in your
    OOB state and read the number. Would that not be proof?

Ghislain
    Yes, but only under controlled conditions so that no cheating can take place. But don't worry, no one has managed to pull that one yet, not any more than "remote viewers" can pull off what they claim they can do. Maybe, just maybe, because such things are nothing but delusions. I don't know, just "maybe"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yes, but only under controlled conditions so that no cheating can take place. But don't worry, no one has managed to pull that one yet, not any more than "remote viewers" can pull off what they claim they can do. Maybe, just maybe, because such things are nothing but delusions. I don't know, just "maybe"
    Have you ever experienced 'sleep paralysis'? It's one of the best, sometimes naturally occurring 'launchpads' for OBE. If it ever occurs to you/anyone naturally (it frequently occurred to me in my teens and early 20's, that's how I got started), you can use it as a preliminary state for OBE. Instead of 'fighting' your way back to regaining muscle control and instead of just fading into sleep, just remain calm and conscious, don't attempt to move physically, and simply 'will' yourself out of body. You might be surprised to find yourself 'floating out' and then you can verify it for yourself, from direct experience. If for some reason there is fear of not being able to return while 'out', there is a simple technique to catapult you back into the body: Just focus strongly on physically moving your big toe and you'll be back in an instant.

One thing to note (again) is the fact that there is no loss of consciousness during proper OBE. You remain fully conscious/aware all the way from before exiting and until after re-entry.

When you have become adept at leaving the body, you can set up any test of your liking to confirm that it wasn't mere 'hallucinations' (relatively speaking).

One of my own tests was to set up an out of body 'meeting' with a friend from halfway across the world, and afterwards independently email each other the details of the interaction we had during the encounter. It was an approximately 80% match.

Blog Entries
    To be fair if a direct experience has not been had no one can claim that something is delusional. In a way that is an insult.

For instance it might seem that I view Flat Earth people as delusional, but never to the extent that I reject the opinion that they might not be... after all I have not looked at Earth from space. I have very little doubt about OBE... and what I think most people who deny OBE fail to understand is that "is there a difference if the OBE actually happens, or if it is just a dream"...

Not really... because everything is a dream.

Have you ever experienced 'sleep paralysis'?
    I know about this, but have not had it yet. Perhaps because it would be scary (first time), so subconsciously I might fear it and push such an event away so it doesn't happen. I panic when I am tied up... although I don't think I ever have been tied up actually... but I know myself pretty well and being tied up is one of my phobias (perhaps past life trauma, who knows). As a kid I have been "held down" in fights and such and I always thought that was much worse than just getting smacked.

Although if I get sleep paralysis I will for sure do my best to "leave".

Last edited by Awani; 10-28-2016 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread