Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-body experience

Many of us have OBE every night. The spirit can slightly hover out of the body like 2 sheets of paper on top of each other. Many people wake up around 3 am and are stuck and cant move because their body is in sleep paralysis and their spirit is not fully back into the body. The near death experience is similar in many ways to the OBE as most of us have a similar experience with the white light tunnel effect. Most of the time when I astral project, I begin to see a white tunnel and I fly through it and when I get to the other side I am out. It is important to have something covering your eyes while you practice this so that if you open your eyes and can see your room, you know you are out of body because you shouldn't see anything. The first time I projected I opened my eyes and could see through my eye cover. I moved my hand over to my wall near my bed and it went through the wall. I also noticed my vision was expanded especially the peripheral vision, it was almost like have a full 360 vision all the way around you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    To be fair if a direct experience has not been had no one can claim that something is delusional. In a way that is an insult.
    I don't feel insulted

I think most people who deny OBE fail to understand is that "is there a difference if the OBE actually happens, or if it is just a dream"...

Not really... because everything is a dream.
    And OBE is one of the ways to explore other dreamscapes, not 'normally' accessible in what we perceive as the 'waking' state... (which is also a dream, etc...)

if I get sleep paralysis I will for sure do my best to "leave".
    Cool! Let me know when you manage?

The 'fear barrier' at sleep paralysis is mentioned in many books dealing with OBE.
    Last edited by Andro; 10-28-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I don't feel insulted
    I was more speaking for the whole human race. Sometimes I represent them.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

It is important to remember that everything is an experience, you cannot recreate your experiences for me, and vice versa. For most people, experiencing something for themselves is all the proof they need. It is hard to explain the OBE because unless you have done it, you don't know the difference. But if you want my opinion of what the biggest difference between OBE and dreams is, it would have to be the actual sensation of being out of the physical body. When you are out, it is as if you are playing a video game for the first time trying to get used to the controls. You cant even move where you want to go, it takes practice. You are literally learning to crawl before you walk, in the spirit world. You feel weightless, yet somehow also feel like you weight a ton. It is an odd feeling that takes time to get used to.

Hi all,

I am a totally beginner in the OBE science.

Practitioners, can you please advise me some interesting teachings, books, both theoretical and practical ?

So many authors, so many different advises ... I do not want to feed Amazon too much :-)

Many thanks for your help,

Murgen

Blog Entries
    My OBE adventures began spontaneously around the age of 22, although I had the sleep paralysis phenomenon occur before that age, but was too scared to use it and take it to the next level.

After a year or two of countless spontaneous departures from the physical body, the 'free rides' stopped (it no longer happened spontaneously).

So, I decided to train myself to do it consciously. This was long before I even heard of Monroe, etc...

In the beginning I used binaural beats extensively, more precisely some of the earlier releases of Dr. Jeffrey Thompson (the Theta Waves form his 'Brainwave Suite'). For a while, I also used a 'Master-Mind' type of device, for auditory and visual (flickering lights) beat stimulation as well. In time, however, I outgrew these 'crutches'.

On a side note, I also think that the term 'astral travel' is a misleading misnomer, because there is more than one plane that one can non-physically 'travel' to, such as the physical, the astral and beyond. The Astral realm is comparable to 'connective tissue' between the Physical Plane and a much 'higher' series of Planes. Also, in addition to the planes of any particular 'bubble universe' (like the one we are currently 'occupying'), there are innumerable other 'universes' that can be accessed/visited consciously. I would loosely define traveling between the different planes as 'inter-density' travel, and traveling between alternate/parallel universes as 'inter-dimensional' travel.

Anyway, I trained myself quite obsessively to reach sleep paralysis at will (and DEEP relaxation), until I finally managed to do it, overcome the 'fear barrier' and 'lift off'. All my initial conscious 'travels' where still close to the 'physical' realm. I liked to pass through doors and walls, to 'fly' around, to 'fly' to other remote locations - but this eventually got boring and I lost interest in exploring the physical plane, with the few exceptions when I needed to check a few matters for myself.

Over the years, gathering 'flight hours' in both OBE and shamanic journeying (they're slightly different), the 'method' has somehow autonomously 'evolved' into a more simple 'phasing' of consciousness.

I started to no longer need the sleep paralysis, or any other types of very deep relaxation.

Here's a video of Tom Campbell, explaining the 'Phasing" method - much easier than "rolling out", etc...

You can either watch the entire video or start HERE, for when he begins to explain the actual "Phasing" technique.

There are many techniques to have an OBE.

In my own case I do not relate them at all to sleep paralysis (I never had a sleep paralysis episode and I wouldn't be able to induce one).

I began to get interested in them due to my favorite book, "The theater and its double" by Antonin Artaud... I got interested in his idea of the "double" and probably redefined it.

The techniques do NOT work for everyone, some persons can never do it, for my is quite easy (we all have strong areas and weak areas).

I agree with the idea of Andro, it is possible to visit different realms or planes which have a very different nature.

In my own case it's is slightly similar to "dreaming", but I am completely awake and the images are stronger than in a dream... or more "real".

When I began to do it using a self-created technique, I would spend hours watching at a white wall is silence and without moving (with my eyes open and avoiding the "hallucinations" -if you do it, you will probably begin to see distortions or shapes in the wall... the point is to make them go away and watch it without as it is).

I later began to watch the white wall with my eyes closed. Some time later I was able to mentally walk to the wall and touch it.

Another technique I used when I began was facing a mirror and transporting my consciousness to the image in the mirror and become the image looking at my physical body. Again, the KEY is to avoid hallucinations here (i.e, a typical one is to begin to see yourself with just one eye, or without a nose... it's not exactly hallucinations, since you can make them go away if you *switch* your mind to a normal state). Once you have achieved such thing, you can do it with your eyes closed.

The point of these exercises is to detach the mind and the body... and enhance and control your visual psyche.

My favorite experiences are quite "low" when it comes to the planes which are possible to visit. They are related to visiting a library where I can pick a book and read it.

My guess is that it is easier for those who are very "visual" oriented.

When it comes to devices, I am a fundamentalist of the Dream Machine ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine )... though I would not say that I get OBE experiences wit it, but something different (I would call it a very visual synopsis of the patterns of the unconscious mind).

It's not as hard as it seems, it takes years of practice... and maybe the biggest key is to have fun (having fun as the opposite of feeling frustrated).

When you were a kid you probably enjoyed to play that you were a pirate and you had a stick that was your sword and you mentally created your ship, a stormy ocean, a water dragon with whom you had to fight, etc... Such thing was not an OBE, but it's probably the "starting point" or VERY related.

If you don't have a very visual nature, my suggestion is to practice seeing a white wall (or white screen) with your closed eyes without "decorating it". That one can be your "starting matter"... if you can manage to do it, you can "break on through to the other side" later.

Dear Andro & Zoas,

Many thanks for having kindly shared your experiences.

Always a pleasure to read true ones.

So, I have some points to investigate now :-)

I'll give a feedback if pertinent !

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Anyway, I trained myself quite obsessively to reach sleep paralysis at will (and DEEP relaxation), until I finally managed to do it, overcome the 'fear barrier' and 'lift off'. All my initial conscious 'travels' where still close to the 'physical' realm. I liked to pass through doors and walls, to 'fly' around, to 'fly' to other remote locations - but this eventually got boring and I lost interest in exploring the physical plane, with the few exceptions when I needed to check a few matters for myself.

Wow, this is absolutely amazing!
    This is the first time I've found someone with your unique gifts; at least to the level you describe.

I'm very interested in any information you can share on the subject: any materials you researched at the time, videos you watched - anything that could enable someone to replicate these results.

Blog Entries
    While Andro has obviously had extensive training in OBE and I certainly agree with his definings of seperate physical/astral as well as beyond, one point that I would like to clarify, is that I do not believe that "staying conscious" is enough to determine the difference between lucid dreaming and OBE.

But rather; I define the difference between OBE and Lucid Dreaming all in the EXITING. OBE requires an exit. While lucid dreaming can occur in the mind while still in body (while not aware of the body)

You can tell the difference between them quite easily in fact. In a lucid dreaming state, you will have a 'shadow' of the physical body! A kind of 'Salt of Mercury' situation...

While, in an OBE, you will most likely have no body, unless of course you have developed 'the light body' 'the diamond body'
    Jesus: "when you have fashions an eye in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, then you will enter into the Kingdom.'

I have consciously held onto my 'awareness' and moved straight from an awake state, into a lucid dreaming state, without lose of conciousness, I literally watched the dream world 'build' itself I front of my minds eye, very interesting experience indeed. But WITHOUT EXIT, this still was no where near as potent and "REAL" than my true OBE experiences.

Also, IMO, the obvious difference is that OBE (at least my experiences of it) are extremely invigorating, you know when it happens because it just blows your mind and leaves your body tingling like it's on fire when you return.

Lucid dreaming, CAN get like that, but is not always, sometimes lucid dreaming is still quite vague, the soul still having a filter between the light and love of God, and itself, which filter is our gross body.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread