Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122

Thread: Out-of-body experience

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,096
    Blog Entries
    13
    Perhaps some would say "lucid dreaming is OBE" I believe in some cases you leave the body, while in others you do not, and that leaving the body is not a pre-requisite of lucid dreaming, only the intent to stay aware...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    21
    For those interested in using them for OBE, note that Tom Campbell has created his own set of binaural beat audio files : https://www.mbtevents.com/store.html

    He even built a program to elaborate your own sound : http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

    Thanks for letting me know Campbell Andro !

  3. #33
    Hi,

    very interesting topic! I tried several times to achieve this state, so far it failed. Although i think i got pretty close. The first time, suddenly pulsating rings appeared in front of my eyes, diminishing to the center while the next ring was appearing, the background was purple and the rings were oscillating between green and yellow. That was impressive.

    The second time i laid in the bed, totally relaxed, awake but with a totally empty mind. Suddenly i had this feeling of falling down into a pitch black abyss, as if your body was taking off at the same time, it gave me quite a shock. According to my wife this means a unconscious OBE was about to happen but the astral/mental body got suddenly pulled back into the body.

    My wife is most of the time (not always) able to perform OBE's willingly, but ultimately no longer practicing it.

    I would give you the following suggestions (although everybody might need a different approach!)

    1. Relax in bed
    2. Preferably at night
    3. Preferably laying on the back
    4. Meditate, empty your mind completely. If thoughts appear, let them float by.
    5. Assure that every part of the body is 100% relaxed
    6. Stay focused, your mind should be awake, sharp, clear, but empty. Don't fall asleep.
    7. You can try to move or lift your arm or another body part mentally, not actually doing it.
    8. Be patient and be confident

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    229
    Hi everybody.
    My experience with OOB was quite fast. After relaxing my body for a few minutes in my bed lying on my back, got the rare feeling of weightlessness that made me move unconsciously and there ended my test.
    However in a moment, I remember the feeling of expansion of my limits of perception, as if my mind or my energy, to be part of everything around me... the wall, furniture, air, space...
    The physical sensation seemed to be suspended by the force of giant fan blowing under me, holding my whole body.
    You don´t think that the OOB is real until you experience it. But it is...

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1

    Jump!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    There's also a cool trick to use lucid dreaming (not regular OBE) to 'jump' to a different reality of your choosing and remain there.
    I'm going to reveal a rather cool 'trick' here, but one must be VERY careful if attempting this. Also, it's definitely not for tourists/beginners. And even if one is very well trained in navigation, one can still get 'lost'.

    Here's what you have to do if you wish to 'jump' to a different/parallel reality and STAY there (it doesn't have to be TOO different, there are realities with only relatively minor variations that you might enjoy or want to experience):

    1. Train yourself to 'wake up' in a lucid dream.

    2. Thoroughly explore the reality you find yourself in. See if you like it. If not, you can always 'jump' again later.

    3. If the alternative reality is to your liking, simply find a quiet place (preferably with a bed) and GO TO SLEEP right there.

    4. When you wake up, you wake up in the same (alternate) reality you went to sleep in. The general 'rule' is that you always wake up in the same reality where you consciously went to sleep.

    5.
    If you 'die' in the alternative reality, you wake up in the one you initially went to sleep in. In other words, dying makes you wake up in your 'base' reality again. So, going to sleep 'there' completes/finalizes the 'jump', but dying 'there' brings you right back.

    6. This way, you can have full lifetimes of experiences in other realities, while only moments pass in your 'base' reality. When you die 'there', you wake up at 'base'. I myself have had several lifetimes in alternate realities, some even lasting 50 years or more.

    7. HOWEVER, certain realities do NOT have the 'die-back-to-base' function. You may not 'return to base' after dying there. There have been, throughout occult history, cases of 'jumpers' disappearing from the beds they went to sleep in, never to return.

    8. The above actions have to be performed in full awareness/consciousness. There are however occurrences of people 'waking up from sleep' while still in a dream (it feels very real) and then waking up again in the 'base' reality. Those aren't conscious 'jumps' and usually don't last very long, because of not consciously 'going to sleep' in the alternative reality.

    Still, sometimes there are little 'holes' or 'blackouts' in continuity and you may still have a full alternative lifetime without consciously going to sleep 'there' first - but this is quite rare.

    9. We are all unconsciously 'jumping realities' ALL THE TIME. Whenever it happens, the entire history of the 'new' reality is being rendered as actual memory, replacing all 'previous' memory sets/databases, and we usually never even notice the slightest difference (perhaps a little Déjà-Vu sometimes). It feels like it has always been like that. Most of the time(s), however, the changes are relatively minor and there's not a lot of history/data to re-render, relatively speaking. MAJOR unconscious jumps are extremely rare.

    10. Conscious minor jumps are possible by very few highly trained initiates. This is made possible by their fully & consciously internalized realization that ALL is a dream & NOTHING is real, and therefore reality-jumping becomes a matter of merely 'blinking' with just the right dose of expertly fine-tuned intent. Such (relatively) minor 'jumps' are a significant key to 'magic' or to otherwise 'inexplicable' phenomena, such as 'miracles', 'walking on water', levitation, etc...

    Don't try this at home

    PS:
    The term 'Base Reality' is used here in a relative way, referring to what one currently regards as his/her 'waking' reality, from which the process is initiated. So-called 'base realities' DO fluctuate.



    --------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 03-19-2017 at 08:22 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,374
    Blog Entries
    2
    Good list.

    I have had lengthy conscious dreams (although not years), but I have had unconscious dreams that have lasted for ages. So basically (if I understood correctly) if you want to have a 50 year life in the dream you can never go to sleep in that "dream"? Since the 50 year dream only takes maybe ten minutes (or whatever), I then assume that you could live 50 years and never really become tired... i.e. no need for sleep.

    I one time woke up in the dream maybe 7-8 times, and it became difficult knowing when I had actually woken up. But once I am fully awake in "base reality" there is a different feeling... although this might be - I suspect - a trick of the mind due to the fact that the dream becomes a memory and looses its "real" qualities.

    I'm currently experimenting with the above 10 points in a kind of reversed perspective. In other words "base reality" I view as the dream... and when I go to sleep in the dream and return to "base reality" [what is normally called dreaming], I try to stay lucid just as I did when I was awake/dreaming [in reality as non-weirdos call it]. So far it has been very interesting.

    Last edited by Awani; 03-20-2017 at 12:35 AM.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    So basically (if I understood correctly) if you want to have a 50 year life in the dream you can never go to sleep in that "dream"?
    No, you can go to sleep as much as you want

    The "trick" is to go to sleep AND wake up in the same reality. That's how you stay there, that's how you 'finalize' or 'stabilize' the jump.

    The general 'rule', as I wrote, it that you wake up in the same reality that you went to sleep in.

    Dying 'there' is what will usually bring you back to 'base-camp'.

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I then assume that you could live 50 years and never really become tired
    If it's a reality version in which sleep is required, then you will need to sleep. This is the case for most 'horizontal' jumps. There's also the 'vertical' ones, which I may address in a future post.

    Jumping horizontally to an 'adjacent' reality is in most cases not very different from your 'base' one. You still need to sleep, eat, shit, etc... Again, the 'trick' is to know that you (almost) always 'wake up' in the same reality where you last 'went to sleep'.

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Good list.
    It's not a 'good' list. It's a GREAT list!

    This being said, information in itself is quite useless. But if it triggers some 'inner knowing' and/or if it is applied as prescribed, very cool stuff can happen


    --------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 03-20-2017 at 07:03 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,374
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ok, yes well then I would say that to be able to wake up in the same reality is a skill way harder to master than simply fall asleep conscious. I guess because I have done the latter so I know it is achiveable with regular practice. Anything never done before always seems harder until it has been done. LOL. But to be fair I've never consciously tried to go to sleep within the dream.

    When one is sleeping inside the dream I imagine the trick is to fall asleep conscious (just as one did at the beginning of the rabbit hole when one fell asleep in "base reality". This is the only way to wake up in the same reality, otherwise one might wake up at "base reality" again. Would you agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    ...applied as prescribed...
    Yes I agree. Even when I talk philosophically I am always in the state of mind regarding its application. If the talk is simply philosophy without ever any intention of trying it out then - generally - such talk is waste of time. Although for entertainment it can be fun... but normally I prefer when it can be applied as you say. I guess this is the difference between an armchair philosopher and an experiential one.

    Last edited by Awani; 03-20-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: clarify + add extra

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,581
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    When one is sleeping inside the dream I imagine the trick is to fall asleep conscious (just as one did at the beginning of the rabbit hole when one fell asleep in "base reality"). This is the only way to wake up in the same reality, otherwise one might wake up at "base reality" again. Would you agree?
    When you become lucid/awake in the alternate/'dream-time' reality, all you have to do is find a bed/mattress/whatever and go to sleep there, exactly the same way you go to sleep every day in your 'normal' reality. No special 'going-to-sleep' skills are required.

    Then, when you wake up, you automatically wake up in the same reality where you LAST went to sleep (in this case, the alternate/'dream-time' reality). Unless of course you're being a naughty boy and after going to sleep in the alternate reality, you enter yet another lucid dream and go to sleep there as well - which would facilitate yet another 'jump'

    But technically, there's not much to it really, except practice & perseverance.

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I've never consciously tried to go to sleep within the dream.
    Well, that's the whole 'hack'

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,374
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ah I see what you mean. Simply by being conscious and going to bed you are already locked in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Unless of course you're being a naughty boy...
    There is a danger of that.


    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts