Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 122

Thread: Out-of-body experience

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Ah I see what you mean. Simply by being conscious and going to bed you are already locked in.
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    There is a danger of that.
    Well, you can live out 'lives within lives' (kind of "Inception" or "Arabian Nights" style), but when you die in one life after another, you end up back at 'base-camp' anyway.

    The 'danger' is that not ALL 'alternate realities' have the "die-back-to-base" function.

    I will give some guidelines on how to easier recognize such 'traps' in a future post, so people don't accidentally fall asleep there

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    21
    Very interesting, thanks Andro.

    Can we deduce that, when we physically die in the virtual reality that we call our "current normal conscious life" (at least seemingly conscious), we also go back to a "base camp" ?

    Or maybe it is different in such a case, as this virtual reality we currently consciously live is the "main one" specially chosen for the particular state of our consciousness. Therefore it would be the base camp of the base camps.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,305
    Blog Entries
    2
    So technically when you are fully conscious in a dream it is basically a lucid dream (at least how I define lucid dream when I talk about it)?

    So normally when someone become aware they are "lucid" they begin to do all kinds of fun stuff, but really they should find a bed and go to sleep? Or maybe one does not become distracted of having a lucid experience if one is aware from the very moment of falling asleep?

    As you say going to bed in the dream "locks" the person in the dream, but why does it not make the dreamer re-enter dreaming? The reason I say this is whenever I have a lucid dream, and I for some reason STOP having a lucid dream and fall back into dreaming, it is usually due to some distraction... or forgetting to stay conscious... and if I go to bed that is really letting go... you follow my query? As I understand it you would have to sleep in some awareness then, right?

    Finally what if the dreamer wants to get back to base camp? Suicide?

    When I was a child (circa 5-12 years) I had a nightmare often, at least weekly... and every time I had the nightmare I knew it was a nightmare, although I could not control it... but I always committed suicide by drowning myself. And in the moment of gasping for air and finally dying I always woke up. So I have killed myself so many times... but it is equally unpleasant each time... but far better than having to face the EVIL witch of Disney's Sleeping Beauty that was chasing me. LOL.

    Last edited by Awani; 03-22-2017 at 01:13 AM.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    So technically when you are fully conscious in a dream it is basically a lucid dream (at least how I define lucid dream when I talk about it)?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    So normally when someone become aware they are "lucid" they begin to do all kinds of fun stuff, but really they should find a bed and go to sleep?
    You can have fun and have a 'normal' lucid dream, or find a bed and go to sleep if you want to stay there (in the alternate reality).

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Or maybe one does not become distracted of having a lucid experience if one is aware from the very moment of falling asleep?
    Maintaining awareness during the whole process of falling asleep is not necessary. You can, for example, go to sleep with the intention of becoming aware wherever you find yourself, with the added intention to go to sleep there (if you like it and want to spend the rest of a life there )

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    As you say going to bed in the dream "locks" the person in the dream, but why does it not make the dreamer re-enter dreaming? The reason I say this is whenever I have a lucid dream, and I for some reason STOP having a lucid dream and fall back into dreaming, it is usually due to some distraction...
    Once you are 'locked' in the alternate reality, it becomes your base-reality. You go to sleep there, you dream there, you do everything within the framework of the reality you find yourself in. You can re-enter dreaming or any other variation. All you need to stay 'there' is to 'wake up' in the same reality you LAST went to sleep. It takes some practice and intent.

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Finally what if the dreamer wants to get back to base camp? Suicide?
    Once you're 'locked there', THAT is your base-camp. There is no other. The one you left may occasionally surface like a vague, distant and foggy memory, if at all. All your memories will be like you have lived in that reality ever since you remember. You will probably have no recollection of the 'die-back-to-base' switch. Unless you somehow remember it fully OR you find yourself in a reality similar to this one, where there is also a forum where this thread is posted. And still, would you kill yourself in THIS reality based on this thread alone, hoping to wake up in another "previous" base reality? I think not...
    It would be like committing suicide in this current 'base-camp' based on faith alone.

    _____________________

    This whole 'method' of 'jumping' - it's easier done than said


    ---------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 03-22-2017 at 08:57 AM.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Murgen View Post
    Can we deduce that, when we physically die in the virtual reality that we call our "current normal conscious life" (at least seemingly conscious), we also go back to a "base camp"?
    I would like to say 'yes' or 'no' with some degree of 'certainty', but I can't

    There's an infinity of realities/variations. As you gradually start remembering more and more between 'Jumps', at some point you feel you've 'had enough' of horizontal reality-hopping and start looking for something beyond 5th dimensional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murgen View Post
    Or maybe it is different in such a case, as this virtual reality we currently consciously live is the "main one" specially chosen for the particular state of our consciousness. Therefore it would be the base camp of the base camps.
    I doubt it.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,305
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ok I see how you mean/think regarding all this. But there are some more aspects not clear to me currently.

    In your last comment regarding faith alone: does that mean you still are not certain? I mean I would be nervous, but very confident if I jump out of an airplane, because I have a parachute. And I would not be concerned with informing others to sky dive either.

    If you know 100 % a base camp awaits then you could say: sure, do it

    Another thing is NDE. If we are locked into a dream now, how can we explain NDE?

    Edit: we posted at the same time, so ok we are not certain about this reality... so then in the new dream reality, an NDE is not possible?

    Last edited by Awani; 03-22-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Add

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    there are some more aspects not clear to me currently
    As there should be Same here. I am (at least consciously) far from knowing or having experienced all the aspects and intricacies of it...

    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Another thing is NDE. If we are locked into a dream now, explain NDE [...] so then in the new dream reality an NDE is not possible?
    Sure it's possible. NDE is not death. NDE is quite similar to OBE, technically speaking.

    Also, NDE is a matter of 'density' (visiting a more 'subtle' plane of the same reality), while reality-hopping is a matter of 'dimension'. The two are not synonymous.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,305
    Blog Entries
    2
    If I live in my dream and have an NDE that would - by logic- mean that I would come to our current reality for a brief moment and then go back to the dream.

    I guess I have done this, now when I think of it, in a sense. You know when you sleep very deep and have a strong dream and you hear the alarm (or something), and wake up and are in a semi-awake state... and then drift back into the dream. Often because you want to know how it will end. Technically an NDE even if the dream is not lucid. Perhaps.


    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    If I live in my dream and have an NDE that would - by logic- mean that I would come to our current reality for a brief moment and then go back to the dream.
    Not necessarily. You could simply go to a more subtle level/plane of the reality you are having the NDE in. And even if you do briefly return to a previous 'base', it will feel like any other dream. And it could be ANY other reality, not necessarily the immediately previous 'base-camp'.

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 03-22-2017 at 09:52 AM.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,529
    Blog Entries
    1
    Something worth noting: Most (if not all reports) of 'afterlife scenarios' that we have access to in this reality, come from people who either go OOB or have NDEs. None of them come from people who actually died. Unless we're talking about channeling or seances and Ouija Boards, which are extremely unreliable means of communication. You never know who you're really talking to on the other side of the line...

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts