Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Newton & Philalethes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4

    Question Newton & Philalethes

    Hey folks,

    I am looking for Newton's commentaries/remarks on "An Open Entrance" by Philaletus.

    Does anyone know whether or not such exists somewhere on the web?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by ruxxes View Post
    Hey folks,

    I am looking for Newton's commentaries/remarks on "An Open Entrance" by Philaletus.

    Does anyone know whether or not such exists somewhere on the web?

    Thanks for your help!
    Supposedly B.J.T. Dobbs wrote 'Newton's Copy of "Secrets Reveal'd"'. Her other book "The Foundations of Newton's Alchemy" may also be helpful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Supposedly B.J.T. Dobbs wrote 'Newton's Copy of "Secrets Reveal'd"'. Her other book "The Foundations of Newton's Alchemy" may also be helpful.
    This is contained in Ambix magazine No. 26 (1979) pages 145-160. If you happen to obtain a copy, I would also be very interested.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134
    hi,
    did you try searching here? (no, I did not)

    http://www.newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/prism.php?id=1

    regards
    t

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by teofrast40 View Post
    hi,
    did you try searching here? (no, I did not)
    yes, but there is only a list with a notion.

    seems like only on paper..

    thanks to anyone here though!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33
    Newton's copy of Open Entrance hasn't been digitized to my knowledge, the original and copies of it are stored in the Library Vault of the University of Wisconsin at Madison.

    Btw, the works of his that have been digitized are neat

    http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-ADD-03973/1
    Last edited by Rheomode; 03-04-2013 at 04:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts