Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hermes Trismegistus Old and True Natural Path - now available in English

Quote Originally Posted by Draconisnova View Post
    I get my copy yesterday, i was surprised how fast was the shipment, since i live in Europe it surpass all my expectations.
    LULU also prints inside the UK, so it depends where you live in Europe - shipment to Germany was rather sluggish.

-sam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    A companion book of the very same caliber is Récréations Hermétiques
    An English translation, the first of its kind, will be published in the near future by someone I know.
    Illen
    Illen,

Any news/updates about this upcoming English translation of Récréations Hermétiques?

It's been almost 8 months since your announcement

Blog Entries
    Returning to the translation of 'Hermes' Old And True Nature Path', the inner title page contains the following alternative title:

The Secret Of How To Prepare

The Great Universal Tincture

Without Glassware

For Humans And Metals

I find the addition of 'Without Glassware' to be rather intriguing...

I have not explored the 'classical' ways in depth, as my methodology is somehow different, but I think it's definitely worth a closer look...

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Illen,

Any news/updates about this upcoming English translation of Récréations Hermétiques?

It's been almost 8 months since your announcement
    Unfortunately, my friend hasn't mentioned it since. I will check with him on the status.

Illen

Returning to the translation of 'Hermes' Old And True Nature Path', the inner title page contains the following alternative title:

I find the addition of 'Without Glassware' to be rather intriguing...

I have not explored the 'classical' ways in depth, as my methodology is somehow different, but I think it's definitely worth a closer look...
    However, he does mention the use of a crucible. As for the "vessel", he may mean the human body. I think urine or blood is hinted at.

Illen

Blog Entries
    I will check with him on the status.
    Please do

This (Récréations Hermétiques) is one book I've been wanting to read for a long time, but unfortunately French is among the languages I don't speak (yet...)

Blog Entries
    I think urine or blood is hinted at.
    Sounds likely and reasonable. Many 'classical' paths imply one or another micro/macro-cosmic 'water' as 'Our Saturn' or what not....

Oops, I just made up two 'new' elements: Mercurine & Sulfurine !

LOL

Please do

This (Récréations Hermétiques) is one book I've been wanting to read for a long time, but unfortunately French is among the languages I don't speak (yet...)
    If he doesn't publish it, I will send you a reasonably decent translation. I don't speak French, but over the years have developed a basic - although crude - understanding of the written version.

Illen

Sounds likely and reasonable. Many 'classical' paths imply one or another micro/macro-cosmic 'water' as 'Our Saturn' or what not....

Oops, I just made up two 'new' elements: Mercurine & Sulfurine !

LOL
    The only problem is that Rosicrucian documents seem to have their own spin on the classical approaches.

Hallo Andro and Illen,

However, he does mention the use of a crucible. As for the "vessel", he may mean the human body. I think urine or blood is hinted at.

Illen
    Could you please point me to the mention of the crucible? As I don't recall it.
    Andro, regarding the vessel, the Récréations state quite clearly that the only vessel is the matter itself which behaves like a container for the (celestial) water of which it is imbibed.
    Of the three texts Cyliani - Récréations -ICH, the last two are the more textually connected, the place where they differentiate the most being the the first part, about the matter to be used. While ICH gives some hints to man as microcosm and centre of creation, and to the matter to be taken from him (somehow supporting Illen's hypothesis), the Récréations, or more rightly the Scholia (from 4 to 12), talk more explicitly about clay, stating (15) that clay is the first and natural matrix of the whole world. The récréations talk also about Nabucodonor's dream (Daniel 2, 31-35) of the giant whose body was made of metals, and the feet of clay and iron, that could be also a possible suggestion to some sort of electrum.

+ Reply to Thread