Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hermes Trismegistus Old and True Natural Path - now available in English

Blog Entries
    It appears that the methodology of this Lineage (ICH, Cyliani, Récréations, etc...) indicates, aside from the matter to be worked on, the capture and corporification of the 'Astral Spirit' or 'Astral Niter' or 'Lunar Humidity' from the Night Air.

Bombastus talks about the Earth, NOT the one we walk on, but the one over our heads. He also mentions 'bringing down the moon', which is interestingly an expression often used in romantic contexts

'Chemical Moonshine' hints at a similar approach. Sometimes a Magnet is hinted at (periodically 'imbibed' lime is obliquely hinted at in ICH, and even more obliquely in Cyliani).

The Celestial Agriculture thread deals with this topic more in depth.

In ICH, Common Fire is implied/employed to attract the Air (since Fire needs Air as 'food') and also to corporify the invisible Aerial/Lunar/Celestial Niter.

However, a number of Rectifications (Eagles) is indicated for this Embodied Spirit to gather enough power.

'Normally' collected Dew/Nocturnal Humidity () seems to be severely lacking in this corporified Niter, so the Agency of Fire is suggested, to aid with this 'embodiment' (although there sure are alternatives...)

Regarding possible setups, the RAMS version of 'Chemical Moonshine' contains this apparatus, which most of us here are probably already familiar with:

Hyle&Cohyle, as well as Freddie G, mention similar (but more simple) versions for attraction and corporification, with one vessel only (+ Fire).

An ingenious Artist can surely come up with his own ways/applications to perform this task, once Attraction, Corporification and Conditions are understood.

Texts from this lineage (ICH, for example) also warn us that if seasonal/environmental and corporification conditions are neglected, we only get a useless Water Phlegm (no corporified Spirit).

Exposure to sunlight is also to be avoided in THIS approach. The reason for avoiding Sunlight (in THIS application) are explicitly given in the texts, so I won't repeat them here.

All this only briefly summarizes one of the 'Keys' to this methodology (or at least one way to apply it).

This approach is generally considered part of some 'Classical Way' variations, as well as resting on principles from the Emerald Tablet.

It is also quite dependent on seasons, directions, moon phases and weather/atmospheric conditions... Not my first priority cuppa, but it is fascinating to study and understand/internalize nevertheless...

Understanding the Reasons for the Seasons, Directions, Moon Phases and General Conditions may pave the way to much more powerful and less 'dependent' applications IMO/E.

PS: I haven't said anything 'new', really... Just a brief summary of concepts that have already been discussed in various threads...

And finally, a few verses from a little poem I wrote and posted here almost three years ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair
    And the Earth is in the Air.
    ---------------------------------
    In the Gutter lies the Crown
    And we're hanging Upside Down.

Hope lies hidden in your fears,
    Like the Salt within your tears.
    In the crossing rivers dive,
    Drink their poison, and survive.

©Androgynus, March 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Illen,

Any news/updates about this upcoming English translation of Récréations Hermétiques?

It's been almost 8 months since your announcement
    Androgynus,

I talked to my friend, and he's still interested in publishing the English translation of Récréations Hermétiques, Unfortunately, he has been involved in several other projects and has not had time to get back to this. He is also planning to publish a transcription of the full version of Petrus Bonus' treatise Precious New Pearl (only the very much condensed version is currently available).

Illen

Thanks for the insights into 'Old and True Natural Path' book guys, I've only just started reading this book so much appreciated and this convo is heplful indeed.

Blog Entries

Images of the rotations

The images of the rotation :

Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Interesting, Salazius! In the picture of the First Rotation, the arrow at the bottom leading to the "Body" shows three substances composing the "cube". The first two seem to be Urine and Saturn. Does anyone know what the third symbol (looks like "I") represents?

Thanks,
    Illen

Blog Entries
    Yes, N° 1.

All the planets symbols have a number. Saturn is numero uno !
    Salazius

My Works

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Yes, N° 1.

All the planets symbols have a number. Saturn is numero uno !
    Of course! The first planet - how did I miss that?

Illen

Blog Entries
    It happens.

Here is from Bacstrom found :

"Vaisseau de la préparation ou Balance des Philsophes"/"Vessel of the preparation or Scale of the Philosophers".

From Rosarium if I remember well.

I like the comparison with the dew apparatus mentioned above. Maybe a hint.
    Last edited by Salazius; 03-04-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Image addition
    Salazius

My Works

If this offends the OP let me know. can't tell if he was saying it was him that is the publisher or not.

English version here

edit. Removed link to English download due to being pretty sure it's Sam's book. Did not want to offend anyone for posting it. Although it is already available if you Google correctly for free.
    Last edited by psykopanther; 02-02-2015 at 10:50 PM.

yes, I know, I have been submitting a few copyright claims to the upload platforms but they make it rather difficult and also: immediately after the withdrawal someone else can upload it again and the entire process starts all over.

So as it stands to publish a book today in the hopes of getting any reasonable refund for one's work is quite illusory, as somelese said here: there is always ONE asshole...

the solution lies in pre-payment thru crowdfunding BEFORE the deed is done and/or very high prices for the books, e.g. the Naturweg should have been US$ 79,- from the start.

-sam

+ Reply to Thread