Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Find the others!

Blog Entries

Find the others!

Please listen to the first 35 seconds as they are very important:

It seems in 2012 many of us will meet in various situations. Personally I will also meet others not on Alchemy Forums that I have never met before but have had on-line dialogue with for many years.

It is a development I am greatly looking forward to. I don't know about how you all feel, but I feel completely alienated from the society I am in, but when I find the others... and hopefully when I meet the others, this alienated feeling will be disappear. After all reality is of our own making... and even if we have digital friends it is in the physical realm real the greatest experiences are made!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Well, seemingly, this 'trend' is catching up with us in the coming months...

(meeting in person)

My friends here and I also feel rather socially alienated where we are... I suppose a gradually increasing tendency to physically gather with Like-Minded is becoming inevitable...

No matter where we are on the globe (and we are EVERYWHERE ), circumstances WILL manifest to make it possible.

In other words: About fucking time!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It seems in 2012 many of us will meet in various situations.
    Personally I will also meet others not on Alchemy Forums that I have never met before but have had on-line dialogue with for many years.

It is a development I am greatly looking forward to.
    I don't know about how you all feel, but I feel completely alienated from the society I am in, but when I find the others...
    And hopefully when I meet the others, this alienated feeling will be disappear.
    After all reality is of our own making... and even if we have digital friends it is in the physical realm real the greatest experiences are made!
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that many of us here only know each other virtually, mostly trough forum posts, private messages, sometimes even Email and/or Facebook...

I would like to bring up the possibility of going beyond that... I mean getting to know each other (according to individual compatibility, not as an all-encompassing group thing).

Setting up audio conversations, for example... Phone, Skype, whatever is at hand... maybe even video when comfortable enough...

And how about possibly getting together and actually meeting in person (when geographically/financially possible) with the people we have known and befriended here?

Making friendships is not TOO different in the Alchemical community than in other circles... there is always the issue of trust, of course - but how would we know if we don't take a few small intuitive 'leaps of faith'?

I have made a few most pleasant friendships here, and they're NOT just about Alchemy or 'on topic' stuff, like in a forum format.

Such friendships, besides being rewarding in and of themselves, can also open the door to ways of collaboration and reciprocation that we're not likely to encounter as long as we keep our interactions to a specialized digital minimum.

I've gained SO much from friendships I've made here, much more that just Alchemical 'progress'. But yes, as far as Alchemy is concerned, I have found that sometimes 'two are better than one', so to speak.

A voice conversation can trigger deep insights, most likely not possible in written correspondence... not to mention what magic can happen when meeting like-minded people in person...

I know how much magic has happened for me...

It is possible (and quite probable) that some (if not many) of us are 'hermits' in the 'normal' world. I am like that myself.

But this forum (for example) can also play the part of an Alchemical 'dating site' of sorts. A dating site for Hermits

So what about 'Finding The Others', meeting each other, befriending each other?

Hermit to Hermit? Philosopher to Philosopher? Artist to Artist? Alchemist to Alchemist?

I know some of us are meeting this year in various configurations.

It shouldn't be too difficult if you/we are on the same continent, even though some of the meetings that will take place involve transcontinental travel as well.

I know that this road can be a lonely one.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that we have to walk it alone.

Just saying...

I've has Skype video conversations with a fellow who I became acquainted with on FB. He was in Nepal and India, and I'm in the US. It went well for two strangers. he was a good deal younger than me, but I keep getting older (what can I say )? Everyone I meet in my 'chronological' age group is utterly absorbed in business and/or family matters. I work only to live, even though I must take CEU courses, and I am not a family man. But even family men (CG Jung was one example. He had kids and grandkids, and even made time for not a few lovers on the side ).

I'm certainly open to Private Messages at this forum, not to mention personal meet-ups if anyone is in, or is passing through my locale. I have met other people through esotericonline.com, at a Duncan Donuts, and a Starbucks, and in my home. I conduct a part-time private hypnotherapy practice from my residence, so I meet strangers here all the time. So, I'm open to making friends without any agenda other than mutual interest in exploration of the infrastructure of consciousness and Reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    Everyone I meet in my 'chronological' age group is utterly absorbed in business and/or family matters.
    From my experience, if the shoe fits, age doesn't really matter. I am friends with people ranging from their 20's up to their 60's and even 70's.

When I was 9 years old, one of my best friends was a retired 70+ (possibly even 80+) Professor of Philosophy. We had fascinating conversations.
    It started with me offering him my seat on the bus, finding out we had the same name, and later progressed into a fascinating series of meetings and conversations (in person and over the phone) about the nature of reality.

The point is that there is no formula, really. Just to make allowance and open up to more personal acquaintances, even going beyond topics of mutual interest...

Getting to know each other on many different levels... not necessary limited to 'serious' or 'philosophical' areas...

CC's 'Second Attention' comes to mind... The greatest insights can hit you during the most common smalltalk

The idea of networkinf is an idea I like in a lot of different ways.

Quite recently I was organizing a photography exhibition and several of the contributors came from this forum with excellent photos. The main point of the exhibition was networking (you'll be seeing the photos in just a few days).
    I've had small conversations with some of them; I have discovered that Nibiru and I are probably split at birth non-identical twins... specially when we talk "not on topic!".
    I think Salazius, Markos and Seth-Ra are fantastic persons too... Oh, and Androgynous did something very special for me! a HUGE favor.

I also had EXCELLENT networking results in the past (I can think of a short film about Spare, in which I was working with the person I consider to be the #1 worldwide expert on his works).
    I also did 2 "US trips" being hosted for free during 30 consecutive days at the houses of different people who were involved in Hermeticim.
    But then I did the same and hosted at my house 4 different persons involved in Hermeticism.... an experience I don't regret at all. It's always been very interesting.

I also keep a very interesting correpondence with several people who lives far away from me. I am currenlty investigating how to finance the travel of one of them as to offer an exhibition organized by him here.

Oh.... snd I do prefer face-to-face conversations or e-mails... but not phone conversations or video conversations... I'm kinda phobic about them.

In my own case, I don't feel alienated from the local community involved with Hermeticism at all... but it's refreshing to meet people from other cultures/countries.
    Right now it is quite impossible for me to travel abroad because the government of my country is STUPID and made laws that make it perfectly legal to travel abroad, except that it's impossible in a practical way.

But if someone is planning to visit Buenos Aires, then here I am.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    In my own case, I don't feel alienated from the local community involved with Hermeticism at all...
    Well, I was talking about the 'normal' people I feel alienated from... LOL

A Hermetically oriented community can be a different ballgame altogether. Aside from the people I actually live with, I know of no such circles in my environment.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Right now it is quite impossible for me to travel abroad because the government of my country is STUPID and made laws that make it perfectly legal to travel abroad, except that it's impossible in a practical way.
    Could you please elaborate on that? How did they manage to create such contradictory conditions? What is actually preventing you from traveling abroad, if it's 'legal'?

I know of a few overt dictatorships (past and present) where it is also theoretically 'legal' to travel anywhere, only in practice you could never get a passport/exit visa...
    One would have to go through complex bureaucracies, and sometimes wait many years only to be notified that something is not in order and they have to re-apply...

Is it something similar in Argentina?
    Last edited by Andro; 06-26-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    It is interesting because thought Argentina was pretty chilled. Buenos Aires felt like Barcelona. Then again all countries are dictatorships in one way or the other. I will return to Argentina for sure so it would be cool to hook up.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    For those with FB well this is an easy way to start to connect. FB might have its faults but it is not the tool that is bad, but how it is used. Big brother is all over the place anyway so no reason to hide. Instead show how outnumbered s/he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Well, I was talking about the 'normal' people I feel alienated from... LOL
    Could you please elaborate on that? How did they manage to create such contradictory conditions? What is actually preventing you from traveling abroad, if it's 'legal'?

I know of a few overt dictatorships (past and present) where it is also theoretically 'legal' to travel anywhere, only in practice you could never get a passport/exit visa...
    One would have to go through complex bureaucracies, and sometimes wait many years only to be notified that something is not in order and they have to re-apply...

Is it something similar in Argentina?
    Argentina is a democracy... and the current government has a lot of dictatorial sides, but it's still clearly standing in the fields of democracy. The ONLY political party that has power is the Peronist Party, which is very much like a very unique and very weird democratic version of Italian Fascism. I hate it, but I have to admt that it is clearly "democratic" (no people in jail for political reasons, no people getting killed for political reasons, the right to protest is 100% granted, there's freedom of speech, the elections don't involve frauds, etc).

The problem related to travelling abroad has a lot of sides, most of them boring for a forum:

1) Getting a passport is not a problem (and in my own case, I have a second passport from a country of the European Union, so that's really not a problem). We do not need any kind of "special permission" to travel abroad. If I go to the airport right now with my passport I can travel right now, except that:

2) Very recent laws (2 or 3 months ago) disguised as laws against "money laundering" gave the government the power to have to approve every exchange of Argentinean $ for any foreign currency. In theory this means that each person can buy an amount of foreign currency that he can justify with his earnings, thus giving the governemt the right to limit the amount of foreign curencies we can buy each month.
    Problem is that I don't know anyone who has been able to get a permission that gives him a limit above $0.

So, how am I meant to travel if I can't buy, say, Euros?

The reasons are not really political, but economical and certainly not related to any kind of prevention of "money laundering"... the government has no interest in keeping people unable to travel... what they want is to keep people
    a) unable to import goods from abroad
    b) unable to have savings in any foreign currency

This is because Argentina has to pay a huge debt to the Paris Club ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Club ) this next november and doesn't have the money.... thus it is in danger of becoming the next Greece. That's why the government is making it impossible to buy foreign currencies, they need to keep the dollars & euros in the national banks.

3) The government is giving some "special permissions" to buy foreign money to people who travels abroad, but the problem is that these "special permissions" give a very little money (i.e, a friend of mine is travelling to Egypt next month... she was given the permission to buy $300 dollars for a one month travel.... it's pretty obvious that you can't live for a month as a "tourist" in Egypt with 300 dollars -her trip is still possible because she already had savings in dollars from the "times" before these recent laws).

4) Last but not least, during the last years, Argentina decided to have an economy that is a bit similar to the economy of China in some ways.... and I don't mean the Communist side at all, but the Capitalist side:
    Our money is VERY undervalued with the intention of creatinggood earnigs by exporting and make imports very expensive as to discourage them.
    The result of this choice is that we are more or less OK whilst we are living in the fiction of our local economy... but when we travel abroad everything has an incredibly high cost for us.

So that's mostly why travelling abroad is currenty very utopic for anyone who lives in Argentina.

+ Reply to Thread