Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Find the others!

Blog Entries
    Interesting. But can't you buy the Euro in Europe with your credit card?

Also if you come to Amsterdam you live and eat for free... and hopefully I do the same when I go to Argentina

So money is not necessary... only for the ticket.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Interesting. But can't you buy the Euro in Europe with your credit card?

Also if you come to Amsterdam you live and eat for free... and hopefully I do the same when I go to Argentina

So money is not necessary... only for the ticket.
    I think we have a limit of how much we can spend with our credit cards (in foreign money, in local money we do not have a limit).
    I do expect that all this economical limits will be over by 2013.... since they are making the local economy quite crazy, besides from limiting my chances of travelling abroad.

I love Amsterdam, been there some 5 or 6 times in the past!

It isn't in my plans to travel there in the near future (mostly because of all the issues I have explained, but also because my #1 priority in travels right now is South Korea... I really want to go there with Isha, my girlfriend, who is into this forum, but she seems to be lazy to post ... mostly because her ancestors are South Korean, so it is mostly a travel to meet face to face the culture of her ancestors in the place where it was invented).

OF course, if you come to Buenos Aires, you have a place at our house. The offer doesn't expire.... and eating vegetarian food won't be a problem at our house.

Blog Entries
    I understand, I wouldn't go if I have been to a place that many times. But I can accommodate in Sweden also.

South Korea sounds cool. I have to see more of Asia in the future.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I understand, I wouldn't go if I have been to a place that many times. But I can accommodate in Sweden also.

South Korea sounds cool. I have to see more of Asia in the future.

LOL.... no, I didn't mean "I've been there 5 or 6 times in the past, it's not worthy to return! Booooo Amsterdam! Repeated city for me!!!", I was telling you that I've been there several times in the past because I like it.
    I was mostly trying to explain why travelling there or anywhere is so incredibly complicated for a typical middle class argentinean right now... and that I also have a priority with South Korea right now, mostly because of sentimental reasons (i.e, that it is the place where the father of my GF was born, that she heard a lot about that place during her life, that she inherited a lot of its culture and traditions, she pent most of her life eating Korean food, a lot of her unconscious gestures come from that place -the way in which she seats on the floor, the way in which she can't help taking a small bow when she mmets someone, the way in which she chooses very bright plain colors for her clothes... and that even her face links her to that place -i.e, any person who looks at her notices her oriental eyes, so quite often she's asked where is she from, so she has to explain that her father was Korean)... so she obviously has a very strong desire to travel there; so that's the obvious destiny for our next travel (instead of finding another person, our priority is somehow finding a very specific place).

But, then, in the future we may visit Amsterdam... I was simply explaining that our priority right now has a very different nature.... and that the current economical situation doesn't help either.
    Thank you for your kindness.

Well, I didn't intend to sound pedantic, but our friendships have dwindled to non-existence at present. We have maybe one friend locally, and I have a couple of childhood friends whom I rarely see due to distance. I have put out invitations to people who live in S. Florida via esotericonline.com, and I have met half a dozen people, but none of them led to second meetings. It was about meeting with other people who have some interest outside of psychosexual interests (not my agenda), or psychosocial interests ("Let me show you pictures of my grandchildren..."). I think your philosopher friend was fortuitous and I wish I could've known someone like that, just as kids swarmed to Mexico to seek Don Juan Matus. Those of us who are seeking a "Mana personality," but seeking it within, is the kind of folks I'm looking for. My years of visiting swamis and gurus are long gone (as well as Western occultists, Hermeticists, alchemists, etc.). I am interested in the evocation of my own "Mana personality," or Wise Man Archetype, through different kinds of initiatory practices, and anyone else who is interested in the evocation of other than the Maternal/Paternal archetypes. This is a huge, open area. I don't make small talk, and I can see that as an icebreaker, but after the lines of communication are opened, something of depth has to ensue. So really, in a very broad way, I'm into depth - depth psychology, depth of feeling, of meaning - outside of Plato's cave, life outside The Matrix of mundane existence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    I don't make small talk, and I can see that as an icebreaker...
    Well I often use something like "why do you believe in God?" as an icebreaker or "have you ever seen someone die?"... cut to the chase kind of stuff...

Depth is key always I think, and people like it I think... especially when they don't expect it.

I talked with my Lady about this, outside of my post. She tells me that I'm "strange," and "unusual," and why I'm considered to be "pleasant," but "off-putting," and I don't come close to bringing the things up that you mentioned! It's enough to tell people that "sugar is highly addictive and poisonous," to a Cuban co-worker, who bought her already overweight child a solid sugar tea set that she could consume when she was about 5 years old. People are easily offended - their unhealthy habits identified with their culture, and they themselves are self-identified with a conglomeration of cultural practices,many of which are unhealthy or superstitious. I am regarded as intelligent, educated, and aloof - just because I NEED 30 minutes of quiet and solitude in the midst of 7.5 hours with disturbed adolescent middle-schoolers. I need depth, but have been told by a long-time acquaintance's wife, during an MDMA trip that she was "just a shallow person," and it rang true! Since college, people have said things like, "That's deep," even when what I said wasn't particularly deep at all. I do choose to dive below the turbulence of life's drama to seek the mysterious depths. Drama is predictable and stupid as I see it, but most people live for gossip and petty dramatics. I suppose I'm locked into a late 60s mind-set where I want to turn on the world and blow away their idiotic addictions, but at the same time, awakening from The Matrix of social conventions and cultural brainwashing is NOT what most people want to do. Most people want to perpetuate the same old same old in as nice a home as they can attain - then grow old and die. This mind-set blocks ANY experimentation with Reality. Perhaps in my quest to become a "Man of Knowledge," I simply have not 'grown up.' I'm not about to change that one iota. Listening to Morning Dew from a 1973 Grateful Dead show at U.of Oklahoma, buzzed on red wine at 2:43 am. Probably sleep past noon like I did yesterday. Still, I spent 3 hours manicuring lawn and plants, and cooked vegan burgers for a couple hours. Not acting my age doesn't mean irresponsible!

I don't know how people there react on "unusual" way of life. just being interested in esotericism, in depth, is labeled like th e worst, sicknest way of satanism. and they don't even kno what satanism is. apriori you are evil, distorted, amoral person. actually they think that everything that is not christianity (and by that i mean rules that come through institution of church) is satanism.
    my husband is one of their kind, blind believer. often i don;t have his support in things i;m interested in. although he tries to be more open, but he is just grown in that patriarchal way which include that blind faith.
    i have contact with few persons on the net, but in real world it's just something that you don't talk about, so others don't consider you as a freak.
    and about healthy food...vegeterians are feaks too here. actually anyone who have eating habbits that don't include pig on stick, bacon, that stuff that is made of pigs fat, i don't know english word for it (maybe tehre is no word in english for it) is a freak.
    i am not extrem when food is about. and untill two weeks ago didn't mind what i'm eating. but than i saw some people that eat raw food (they are freaks too) and they delight me. so i try to make some changes in my everyday menu. and it works well for me, i think that my body alarmed me that it need some changes. ofcourse, i still must cook for my husband and kids.

Blog Entries
    Ouroboros: where in the world are you located?

serbia is located in south east of europe
    well, it is specific area....where are you from and really how people there react on esoterism? is it tabboo like here?
    and it is strange cause pele here are highly superstition and they have baunch of rituals for health, against bad spells, we have white and black magic, people are givinig fortunes for healing incuranble illneses or to take down some black magic which in most cases are just product of their imagination. but if you are serious interested to know how magic works you are freak. so it can be said tha if you just have faith an do blindly what others told you to do you are ok, but if you just ask yourself why and how they might stoned you

+ Reply to Thread