Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Find the others!

Blog Entries
    Northern Europe. Taboo maybe not, socially weird yes, but the Death Metal scene is pretty big so Satanism is not that strange... but I guess "new age" or "occult" it is the same status all over the world. Esotericism is not mainstream exactly even if it is more so these days than before, IMO.

So in a sense we are all freaks. I recommend watching the old film Freaks. Very good.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Wow Ouroboros! And yet, you were guided to find this site in a virtual universe of web sites. Try not to get stoned - with rocks, I mean
    I put 'Magic in Serbia' into Google, and immediately found these:
    http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...l-mystery-tour
    http://birn.eu.com/en/1/190/8920/

yeah serbian grandma here on the picture
    this guy nikola who kill nine people just because he was thinking that he was under black magic spells. it is true that spells of vlajna are the strongest, and people are afraid of it. but nowdays that magic, being transfered from mother to daughter lose the "magic" and all that is left are hollow rituals. they have tutorial bt they don't have knowledge. they know steps of the ritual, but they don't have inner feeling to wake up magic. magic, i mean "magic" is directed to others and not to yourself. i think person who want to make magic first must invoke it from the deepest self. person must feel it, and that is part of the magic which is absent among nowdays magicians and witches
    alectomagnetic fields are popular in serbia, paople come and stand in circles for hours. i really don't know what effect can be achived just by standing in those circles....i have in plan to visit one place of that kind in my area, and mybe then i would be able to talk about effects.
    i don't leave in area of vlachs so i can't talk about their customs. i can tell you that customs in my area comes from bosnia, because lots of bosnia refuges that come here in past. about funerals, dancing and singing isn't custom here, but a lot of old women lament very loud on funerals. these women sometimes are payed to do that strange. there are bunch of customs, recently i was on one funeral where two people fight over which custom should use.
    it is true that orthodox chrstianity keep a lot of pagan customs, and yet orthodox christians are disgusted of paganism. it is paradox...and that is why i am not orthodox christian, although i must follow its tradition because of my husband.
    i know some other ritual to make man fall in love with you..it is grose....but some women do even that.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Northern Europe. Taboo maybe not, socially weird yes, but the Death Metal scene is pretty big so Satanism is not that strange... but I guess "new age" or "occult" it is the same status all over the world. Esotericism is not mainstream exactly even if it is more so these days than before, IMO.

So in a sense we are all freaks. I recommend watching the old film Freaks. Very good.

finland?

and yeah, esoterism is just for chosen one i think...so it's not suppose to be mainstream.

I have heard of professional weepers, or mourners. I found an old newspaper article referencing the practice. Further back in history, during the early years in The New World, before 1776 Independence as the USA, there were 'sin eaters' also.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...B066838C669FDE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_eater

One of my childhood friends is Greek, and Greek Orthodox. We often have long e-mails, though he has really only gotten into it over the past several years. He married a Greek Orthodox woman, stopped using psychedelics (which I sent him in the past), and has become very 'religious.' I am no longer interested in discussing Patristics. It was fascinating when I was in seminary in my mid 20s, but really, theology is complete fabrication, supposedly based on biblical writ. Nobody can describe the Divine Economy of the Holy Trinity, neither can anyone say that God is Three Persons in One Substance with any kind of authority. Uncreated energies and such, are constructs to explain how human beings are separated from, and not 'further' emanations of the Being of God. Interesting to me is the psychology of religion - just why human beings have a need to explain a transcendental reality which cannot be known intellectually. I respect, most of all, the Neoplatonic philosophy that much of Orthodox Christianity is based on. Unfortunately, Paganism is railed against by the same people, whose Christianity is built upon Pagan philosophy. Of course much of Christendom built their churches on the ruins of Pagan holy sites, so it seems to follow.

I was raised in a Reformed Jewish home, yet my mother was an atheist from what I can remember. I rejected the tradition, never became Bar Mitzvah, got baptized in a Catholic Church, spent 2 years in a Methodist seminary (where I studied orthodox theology as well as psychology of religion, CG Jung, as well as Old and New Testaments). I saw myself as a Jewish Christian more than as a Messianic Jew for many years. Now I'm not certain how to describe my faith. I don't really want it to seem idiosyncratic and weird, but I want people to understand. 'Jewish Christian' not only has alienated me from my culturally Jewish family (and Jews in general), but people ask, "Oh, 'Jews for Jesus?'" Yeccchh! I understand the Jewish, Egyptian and Greek threads that Christianity is woven from, but I don't want ANYONE to think that I am some fundamentalist, literalist! Lately, I've been posting that I am a Jewish-Christian Entheogenic Gnostic. Most folks don't know what 'entheogens' are, or what a gnostic take on religion means (I mean informed by inner experience scriptural writings, but heterodoxical interpretations). So, if I'm not orthodox, I'm heterodox, and heterodox is easily dismissed as 'apostate' or 'heretic.' I have no objection to the synonyms:
    dissenter, nonconformist, apostate, freethinker, iconoclast, or pagan. But I do NOT agree with these listed agnostic, atheist, nonbeliever, unbeliever, idolater, idolatress.
    Last edited by MarkostheGnostic; 07-03-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Great short video about innovation, about chance favoring the connected mind - and so much more...

Find the others

Blog Entries
    I've just returned from meeting a few of us here in person for the first time, and it was an wonderful experience.

You guys are absolutely amazing, thank you all so much for making it to the meeting and for making it happen, even with all the delays, missed flights, etc... (Mercury IS Retrograde, after all )

Time was WAY too short, so at some point sleep was out of the question - SO much to share and discuss, such great vision in different areas.

Looking forward to taking this to the next levels.

'Find the Others' - not just a catchy phrase!

My deepest thanks and appreciation to everyone involved!

Blog Entries
    I had an easy ride, got all my Mercury Retrograde mishaps back home... nothing worth mentioning.

Next time perhaps we can organize a longer session and a bigger group.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Thanks too, for this meeting. I enjoyed it very much. Mercury retrograde has been kind with me.

We had a great time, great discussions together !

It worth definately to gather up and share in live.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread