Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Privacy Issues

Didn't know what a "shill" was so looked it up on the net.

Is it this Wiki Article that is being talked about here?

If it is then what could anyone be trying to sell?

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    In a more general sense, it appears to mean someone who is not what they appear to be, usually with some covert agenda, commercial or otherwise.

For example, you can find many "shills" on talk-back comments after various articles on the Internet.

Many of them are actually paid to do what they do... Unless they are what the Hegelian Dialectic might call "Useful Idiots".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Didn't know what a "shill" was so looked it up on the net.

Is it this Wiki Article that is being talked about here?

If it is then what could anyone be trying to sell?

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Mod note: moved posts to this thread

Good post

Remember, though, that management (admins) cannot do whatever they like, because they too are subject to rules and regulations, including the law.

Perhaps AF already has a privacy policy outlining how AF admins handle data on this website, especially personal data (name, email address and password) on individual profiles. Perhaps there should also be an anti hacking policy, and/or a code of ethics.

The hacking of email accounts of AF members whose email address was only ever used to register their AF profile warrants a few questions.
    Last edited by Awani; 10-09-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    The student should not begin the preparation of this great and inscrutable arcanum before he knows well the spirit that lurks in it according to its essential qualities and properties. "With this spirit," says a certain philosopher, "you should not meddle until you first have a full and exact knowledge of it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysopoeia View Post
    Perhaps AF already has a privacy policy outlining how AF admins handle data on this website, especially personal data (name, email address and password) on individual profiles.
    There is only one admin, and that admin has a policy called "not interested in any of the above information now, nor ever..." LOL. The only reason we need the email is so we can email the log in information when people register... and in your case more than once did I need to email you new passwords... what is your policy for having my email? Since 2018 the official email of AF is not the one you used, but alchemy forums @ protonmail .com

Regarding the hacking it might warrant a few questions but not for me... since I neither have the skill nor the interest in peoples emails... the servers are in the States... and is handled by a company that provides security. The only hack we had was when an old moderator got access to the "behind the scenes" and did some deleting. That is why this is a one man show... I only trust myself.

Since what happened to you is a single event that has never occurred for anyone else (to my knowledge) in 11 years amongst 400 users... I must assume it was a coincidence of some sort.

Disclaimer

Last edited by Awani; 10-09-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread