Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Posting Images & Videos

I am wrestling with this to show my practical lab work on the forum with only partial success, advice?

Blog Entries
    Please explain in detail what you tried, where you failed and what exactly you wish to do, and I will do my best to help out.

It may be helpful if you read this entire thread (especially the First Post) and hopefully also register with an image hosting site (like photobucket).

There are other members who have managed to successfully upload images after initial technical struggles (you know who you are), so please show some solidarity and PM/assist those who are still finding their way through the tech stuff
    Last edited by Andro; 05-26-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Ok I went into my profile and uploaded a photo, then a few days later with a new photo I kept failing to get the image to show in albums even though it looked like it had worked. Other guys have managed to do loads of photo's I seem to be failing here.

Your best bet would be to upload the pictures to another site like flickr or photobucket and link them like this;

1) Upload the picture to another site.

2) Find the image address by right clicking on the picture and selecting the "Copy Image Address" option

3) Once you have the image address copied in your host website click on the image icon in the tool bar:

4) once you have done this the following prompt will appear;

5) Paste the url/image address in the bar and click "ok"

this is what the coding will look like in the thread reply box:

[.IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7395/8840486093_3e41736a0d_o.jpg[/IMG]
    *I added the dot so the coding wouldn't go away

The same applies for the videos except you click the film icon just to the right of the image icon

I hope this helps.

GOD Bless, LGO

Thanks I will get them into photobucket first.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

It seems that uploading attachments directly to the Forum is not an issue anymore.

I've just now uploaded this image from my computer through the Manage Attachments function in the Go Advanced posting window.

Use the Manage Attachments window to select the Attachment from your computer, mark it (with a small x in the box in the upper right corner of the pic) and click Insert Attachment.

The attachment will appear in your post as a thumbnail, which must be clicked to enlarge.

If you want to post it in all its glory (and not as a thumbnail) you will have to insert the direct Image Location (URL) between the [IMG] and [/IMG] brackets.

To get the URL of your attachment, click on the thumbnail, open the image and then right click on it and choose Copy Image Location (or Copy Image URL).

Then you edit your post and remove the thumbnail attachment, and instead, paste the Image URL between the [IMG] and [/IMG] brackets.

That's how your image will show in full size.

Below are examples of the same image, both as a full sized image and as a thumbnail attachment.

You can practice until you get it right. Or alternatively, you can sign up with photobucket and link your images from there

Attached Images
    Last edited by Andro; 05-31-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hitler's cat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Hitler's cat ?
    :-) Or Charlie Chaplin's!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Hitler's cat ?
    It's a Kitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    :-) Or Charlie Chaplin's!
    Especially in 'The Great Dictator', it's both

The topic is Posting Images, not the cat (as much as the cat would like it the other way around )

Sieg Miaow!

Blog Entries
    About posting images and inserting attachments, please also see: Attachments and Images.

I've just discovered these good instructions in the FAQ section, didn't even know they existed...

+ Reply to Thread