Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Posting Images & Videos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSweet View Post
    I'm trying "Dropbox" for viewing images since I've had a bit of trouble with PhotoBucket.
    Your images have a much better chance to be actually viewed, if they are inserted directly into your post (as opposed to just posting a link to them).

I suggest it may be well worth your while, spending a bit of time figuring out PhotoBucket (or ImageShack) and use them as hosting sites for your images.

When using those image hosting sites, you can incorporate your images DIRECTLY into your posts. Apparently, you can't do this with DropBox.

Also see: Posting Images & Videos

When you upload an image to PhotoBucket, copy the URL of the image and use the image insert button to incorporate it into your post, as I'm showing below.

I'm using my own PhotoBucket account to demonstrate:

Please feel free to consult anyone currently on the Forum Team with any logistical issues.
    Last edited by Andro; 03-02-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Logistical posts - relocation

Androgynus ...

Thanks for the post and your instruction.

I've tried to follow the photo insertion instruction -- to the letter -- but just like my notifications feature, I can't get the commands to function properly.

What was the specific sequence of code and link that got that photo to view in your post?

-- Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSweet View Post
    Androgynus...
    Thanks for the post and your instruction.
    I've tried to follow the photo insertion instruction -- to the letter -- but just like my notifications feature, I can't get the commands to function properly.
    What was the specific sequence of code and link that got that photo to view in your post?
    -- Thanks again.
    Hi DonSweet,

The step-by-step instructions on the Image & Video thread are exact, I don't know why it doesn't work out for you, so here's an abridgement better tailored to photobucket specifically:

1. Upload the image to photobucket.

2. Click on the image and you'll get a page where the image is located.

3. In the upper right side of that photobucket page (under "Links to share this photo"), there are two links for the image that you can copy.

4. The first link is the direct link/URL of the image. If you use the direct link, you copy it and insert it into your post between the image brackets [IMG] and [/IMG]

5. The second link on photobucket is already an Image link, you copy it as it is and paste it into your post, without adding image brackets (like in the example below).

6. I hope this explains it all clearly. I'll delete or move all these logistical posts in a day or two, so as not to clutter your thread.

7. Cheers.

Test ...

Ok ... that worked ...

I had been copying the page URL in the URL block of Firefox, not copying the direct link provided by PhotoBucket.

Thank you!

Blog Entries

Embedding YouTube Videos In Posts

Recently, most (if not all) YouTube video URLs have changed prefix from http to https.

When embedding videos into a post, make sure to take out the s from https and leave only the http prefix.

Otherwise, the video will only appear as a link to click on, rather than fully embedded in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto alchemist View Post
    Also just want to say that not everyone reading about alchemy is necessarily going to be an adult,
    so maybe you could be mindful of advertising banners attached to the alchemy texts linked from here.
    Just pointing it out is all.
    I always choose familysafe option on Imageavenue but i don't know why they advertise adult banners. Well what other image host site are you guys prefer?
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Well what other image host site are you guys prefer?
    I mostly use photobucket. But then I have Adblock, so if there are banners, I don't see them. Alternatively, I host images or documents on my own websites.

Plus, photobucket and other hosting sites give you a direct image URL (with [IMG] codes) which can be inserted into posts directly, without having to click on a link, so no ads anyway.
    Last edited by Andro; 05-21-2016 at 11:12 AM.

http://postimage.org/ is what I always use.

You don't need to subscribe/register (you can do it if you want to, but I've been using it since a long time and I never registered)... and you can do very easily all the main "tricks" that you want:
    -uploading several images at once.
    -resizing
    -It give you the direct code of the image that you can simply put in a forum (or web or whatever) and the image *inserted* in a forum or the direct link to the image creates no adds.

Blog Entries
    I use servimg.com they are clean.

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 05-24-2016 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Thread topic management.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread