Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Posting Images & Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Best to use an external image hosting site. See this thread: Posting Images & Videos.
    I'm all for posting pics. I just dislike 3rd parties if I can avoid them. Not sure I'd want to delegate the saving of my pics to a hackable entity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    I'm all for posting pics. I just dislike 3rd parties if I can avoid them. Not sure I'd want to delegate the saving of my pics to a hackable entity.
    The entire web is a 'hackable entity'...

You can use the forum's attachment option if you wish, but it's a bit more cumbersome and has its size limitations. For images, I'm using either photobucket or the server where I host my own websites.

Also, in order to stay on topic, I have moved your reply to my logistical post to the appropriate thread. Logistical tips, posted by the forum team on various threads, are usually deleted within a few days.

Blog Entries

Logistical Post

What's the max. pixel width on this forum? Perhaps I can enlarge.
    1. See this thread: Posting Images & Videos

2. If you enlarge a tiny pic, the quality will not improve. See the above linked thread on how you can host your images elsewhere, without size limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    1. See this thread: Posting Images & Videos

2. If you enlarge a tiny pic, the quality will not improve. See the above linked thread on how you can host your images elsewhere, without size limits.
    Unfortunately that link has no information as to the max pixel width that I can use. My pics are actually fairly large. They fit in most forums without issue. As I've stated previously, it's my preference not to sign on to using a third party.

Unfortunately that link has no information as to the max pixel width that I can use. My pics are actually fairly large. They fit in most forums without issue. As I've stated previously, it's my preference not to sign on to using a third party.
    This one is great: https://postimage.org/ (you don't need to register, your IP is not displayed, you can choose the size of your image... and it's as simple as "upload the image", "copy the link to the image").

Blog Entries
    I've just looked at the files I've attached here in the past, none of them exceeds 100kb. You'll have to ask dev about the exact file size limit. However, even smaller files can contain larger images.

Generally, it is encouraged to use an external hosting site, but of course, no one will force you to

I'm moving this block of posts to the image-related thread, to maintain topic continuity on the practical alchemy thread.
    Last edited by Andro; 09-05-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    The size limit is pretty small because we have so many users and it would slow load time to allow larger images. So either use other site, or don't upload (or upload small size images).

As for hackable all sites are hackable. Who cares. Shit happens.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    A reminder regarding posting YouTube videos (since I've noticed few seem to be aware).

Click the "film" symbol, insert the URL for the video, but don't forget to remove the s in https:// before you post so the video appears.

Then it looks like this...

...instead of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqUGPVMO7A

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Also use the youtube.com links, not the ones that are (or contain) youtu.be

Uploading Images

Hello

I'm still getting to grips with this site
    is there any way to upload images from a private folder
    it asks me for a url but i'm not tech savvy enough to understand what that means
    if anyone could help it would b greatly appreciated

+ Reply to Thread