Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Emerald Tablet as an Alchemical Marriage Vow

The Emerald Tablet as an Alchemical Marriage Vow

Rose and Mark read alternate passages from D.W. Hauck's copies of The Emerald Tablet. On 11/11/11 at exactly 11:11:11 a.m. EST, a Holy Kiss sealed our Alchemical Marriage.
    I thought that this was a novel and meaningful utilization of the mystical masterpiece, and therefore I'm sharing this pic.

Blog Entries
    Nice. Unity of opposites on all levels. Very alchemical.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Then this won't be wasted on you: My witnesses were a single, Black, homosexual man, and single White, heterosexual woman. Our married, Jewish, female notary presided. Jews are sometimes seen as non-White, from an Anglo-Saxon perspective. Perhaps that is similar to an Albino Black - a White Black - a bit of a paradox.

The statue of Thoth on the table arrived several years ago. The day it arrived, when I retrieved the package at the front door, I saw for the first time ever (I'd been living there probably 9-10 years), 5 ibises sitting in the tree in my front yard! That synchronicity is mind-blowing enough, but I didn't see ibises in my yard or my neighborhood -until the morning of our wedding, where an 'ennead' - 9 ibises had assembled in front of our house! My friend and female witness took this shot. I suppose the whole timing and ritual-object set up was an attempt at High Magick, and if one was looking for a sychronicity/sign/miracle, I suppose we received one. +++AMEN+++ (from Amen-Ra).

After that day, ibises come around in groups. I sit on my driveway and feed them bread. Bread is sacred to Osiris. The constellation Orion is etymologically related to Osiris. The three stars in Orion's belt point to the star below the belt called Sirius (the eye of Anubis). This arrangement arose over the horizon (a word which has roots in Horus), 2000 years ago on December 25th. These are the Three Kings or Magi who followed the Star of Bethlehem. Bethlehem means 'House of Bread' in Hebrew.

Last edited by MarkostheGnostic; 06-04-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    Rose and Mark read alternate passages from D.W. Hauck's copies of The Emerald Tablet. On 11/11/11 at exactly 11:11:11 a.m. EST, a Holy Kiss sealed our Alchemical Marriage.
    I thought that this was a novel and meaningful utilization of the mystical masterpiece, and therefore I'm sharing this pic.
    Seems like a ceremony worth being part of. I also often wondered what it would be like to reenact an alchemical ceremony, say, from Rosenkreutz's Alchemical Wedding?

(P.s. I always enjoy the photos that you post.)

Thank you Krisztian

I don't know where you're gonna find a cast of half-naked, clamoring 'extras,' or a deep, dark silo-sized well to stick them in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkostheGnostic View Post
    Thank you Krisztian I don't know where you're gonna find a cast of half-naked, clamoring 'extras,' or a deep, dark silo-sized well to stick them in.
    These days, that sounds like a common social event for inspiring actors at any College campus?! (Half joking. Wink. Wink.)
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

I really love what you did and the symbols you have chosen.
    The fact that you have decided to celerate your wedding in an alchemical way shows a perfect understanding of alchemy.

You made me remember a story I like a lot. It's a true story.

A friend of mine, a marvelous alchemist, was giving a conference on alchemy and Flamel.

A person in the audience seemed to be really pissed off at him and interrupted the conference: "How do you dare to talk about alchemy!!!??? I have a question for you: have you created the Philosopher's Stone by yourself??? Because if you haven't created the Philosopher's Stone, then you can't even talk about Alchemy."

My friend laughed and said: "well, if that's your problem, then I must say that I did. Even though it wasn't me alone, but with the help of my wife, without her I wouldn't have been able to create it".

The person kept his mouth shut till the end of the conference. Then, when the final part of questions arrived this person asked him: "Which procedure did you follow to create the philosopher's stone?".

My friend told him that he felt uneasy talking about the procedure, but that the stone he had created with his wife was 4 years old, enthusiast about going to the kindergarden, already learning to read, but that she mostly enjoyed playing and asking a lot of questions. Of course, he was talking about his daughter.

John Cage writes marvelous short stories, I like this one:
    Before studying Zen, men are men and mountains are mountains.

While studying Zen, things become confused.

After studying Zen, men are men and mountains are mountains.

After telling this, Dr. Suzuki was asked,

“What is the difference between before and after?”

He said, “No difference, only the feet are a little bit off the ground.”

True. It's the well that would be more difficult to find, although, there seem to be some decomissioned Nike missile bases that are available for (literally) underground LSD labs and such.

Thanks zoas23! That story reminds me of the Zen saying that singer-songwriter Donovan turned into a lyric:

First there is a mountain,
    Then there is no mountain,
    Then there is.

It's the Hegelian synthesis: Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis. Samsara-Nirvana-Samsara is Nirvana, Nirvana is Samsara. Or again, First there is primarily sensory-dominated awareness. Then, transcendental awareness (awareness OF awareness) arises. Finally, there is an integration of both ego and non-ego. One has come full-circle (which is why orinally, the last of the Zen Ox-Herding sequence was a circle, although now the circle has been superceded by two more scenes for clarity). http://daleskoreantempleadventures.b...ursuit-of.html

+ Reply to Thread