Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation

Blog Entries

Reincarnation

This is a matter of perspective; of identification.
    As bodies, as genetic material, of course we have existed before,
    in/as our parents, and their parents and so forth.
    This can also lead to soul, to evolution.

But as spirit... spirit has not had many manifestations, many lives/incarnations.
    Spirit does not evolve on time like soul and bodies do.
    Spirit is one, is forever, is your ultimate identity.
    Spirit is impersonal.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Spirit is a spontaneous realisation.
    I have said that I am not interested in my soul.
    That hasn't always been true.
    About 6 years ago, I was still interested in evolving as a soul.
    But what happens with spirit is like the singularity of a black hole.
    As you approach it, time speeds up exponentially, and suddenly, you are spirit
    without any time, without a past, without cause and effect, without relation to
    your past, without ideas of evolution.
    Spirit is the black hole. When you become aware of it, it starts to suck you in.
    As spirit, I am not the product of my past; I didn't evolve to this state.
    This has always been the underlying truth of me.
    Everything else was a story.

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

To be honest on the subject of Reincaration nobody really knows. Each religion and esoteric group have different viewpoints. I don't think we will ever understand if its true or not.

Blog Entries
    If nobody knows, we must assume the Buddha was disillusioned and not enlightened at all.

This is certainly within the known. Nothing I said above is speculative.

It is an error to think/assume that what we personally know now is all that is
    possible for man to know.

There are hundreds or thousands who remember previous incarnations.
    I am one, Krisztian is one, my mom was one, Androgynus too...
    Last edited by solomon levi; 06-10-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    A very scientific explanation, which I actually saw myself in vision, is this:
    Everyone in bodies now are the successful survivors of genetic lineage from the beginning,
    whatever that beginning was. When a tree grows a fruit and a seed, is the seed not the tree?
    When is it not the tree? When it creates a new tree? The parent tree is also the child tree.
    They are genetically connected. So too are we. Your genes remember! They wouldn't be genes
    if they didn't.
    Reincarnation is simply becoming aware of what your genes already/always know.
    This is as simple as saying your body is the product of your parents genes, and they of theirs,
    and so on, and so on.
    Soul is the product of life memories, just as ego is the product of this life's memory.
    Spirit is the only part of us that isn't the past - a product of something else.

Reincarnation, as it is generally known, is only slightly more complicated.
    We don't normally call every previous genetic existence one of our past lives;
    only the ones our soul had "spike" experiences in seem like "ours".
    This idea of possession is illusory though for those who look very closely.
    Even your ego isn't you/yours. When you're not personal, possessive, identified, attached...
    every life is you. You are consciousness. Everything is this one consciousness.
    Last edited by solomon levi; 06-11-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    O it's impossible for me to ignore re-incarnation. It's not about belief; in fact the word 'belief' shouldn't be in the vocabulary nor thinking of a spiritually-inspired person.

As for the intellectual arguments:

Every religion, known to mankind, even very remote traditions, as well as those that went extinct, contain within their system of philosophy 'reincarnation'.

Canadian psychiatrist Ian Stevenson's clinical work has seriously explored this subject.

Plato, perhaps the greatest philosopher of recorded history, says we don't learn anything new, we just 'remember' by the help of experience.

/

But, there's no thing I can say to change minds and, it is as it should be. Perhaps one day you recall memories that just don't fit, makes sense, within the constrains of your current identity.
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

Blog Entries

Coast to Coast AM

Excerpt taken from Coast to Coast AM website, I believe George Noory will be hosting Monday night, June 11th, 2012 on his radio program the topic of reincarnation:

Widely respected journalist and publisher, Roy Stemman, will discuss his life researching the paranormal, and his most recent work investigating reincarnation, comparing the best-documented case studies from around the world, as well as the scientific theories to explain them.

I guess, as life would have it and always does, this program may be fitting to what we started discussing here in this Thread. We'll see where Roy takes this topic?
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    Having experienced visions of reincarnation I have viewed it both as beautiful as well as horrifying.

A: One part of me is afraid to die because I don't want to face the eternity... the infinite light... physical life down here seems so easy to grasp in comparison. I guess this is the addictive nature of the physical realm.

B: Another part of me is looking forward to death because it will be a great adventure stepping into the unknown... and moments after this it will be the known... only to - perhaps - be transported back into a new body, which is fine... why not... till it's not.

C: A third part of me still thinks that it could all be mumbo-jumbo and in death everything just goes "black". The end of any sort of awareness or consciousness.

The wisdom I have experienced has firmly told me that it is path B that is the most wise path to travel on. The best state of mind to have when thinking about these things. It does bring the most peace... just can't seem to shake the other two...

It's like a roller coaster. Either it will be very fun, or it will be very boring/sickening... or there will be an accident. The concept that it might actually be fun/enjoyable is the most wise path to take... and it will probably be correct... but it is nevertheless not impossible that it might be bad or, even worse, fatal.

I don't really have a point... just wanted to put it out there that even though I am 99 % certain of my current position the 1 % is bugging me. I am aware that it is practically impossible to be 100 % certain about anything. That would be silly, but it would be some sort of peace of mind.

Perhaps the best path to go down is to say that this is 100 % how I want to see things and how I want the afterlife to be like... and if for some reason it isn't then I will be reborn anyway and forget all about it or I will loose consciousness and then it won't matter anyway. Because what I want is the only thing that I can be 100 % certain of... for the most part. And I want this:

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

If the spirit can leave the body, that is, temporal conditions, for eternity and return to time in another body, what restricts it from entering a body in the past of its previous bodily incarnation? To suppose it cannot implies some higher-order "time" in which our time is embedded but which is not yet the timeless condition.

Furthermore, if reincarnation (metempsychosis) is a reality, what prevents simultaneous incarnations of the same spirit?

And, if one agrees with the argument to this point, then one must agree that it is superfluous to assume the existence of more than one spirit, which is incarnating in all bodies at all times.

As all is now then to enter a body in the past of its previous bodily incarnation is already happening...right now.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

+ Reply to Thread