Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wilhelm Reich and the Electric Universe

Cool Wilhelm Reich and the Electric Universe

Almost 70 years ago, Wilhelm Reich made an incredible discovery while studying human sexuality. He discovered a system of tension -> charge -> discharge -> relaxation, occuring not just in the human sexual act, but in cellular life and inorganic matter which had been specially treated known as bions.

Yet Reich's discovery did not exist in a vacuum. Earlier than him, a man named Sanford Bennett, experimenting with techniques to renew the lost vigor of his youth, found something which was later reflected in the works of Reich: lack of circulation and lack of pulsatory movement in the muscles and organs could cause the buildup and crystallization of unwanted material - uric acid crystals for example, which could cause gout. His writings bear testament to his success - he reversed the apparent age of not only his face but his whole body including the circulatory system, with only a series of exercises he designed to bring circulation to all the areas of the body individually.

Bennett's system was simplicity itself, and as any alchemical student knows simplicity is the true way of Nature. His methods for reversing the condition of varicose veins and the circulatory system recalls to some extent current methods used for treating edema and circulatory conditions, such as compression stockings and pneumatic sleeves/intermittent pneumatic compression. His system was published in 1912, and is now languishing largely unknown in the pages of RexResearch.

Bennett and Reich share a common theme - there exists in life a pulsatory motion which is a rhythmic contraction and relaxation, along with a flux and reflux between parts which could be called a communication (partly shown by Reich's description of "streaming" or "vegetative currents"). Yet their work is predated by that of the Hermetic philosophers, such as the principles described in the Kybalion of rhythm and vibrations as phenomena common to all life. This is really ancient, simple stuff which can be observed by any human being with a pair of functioning eyes and a brain.

This pulsation occurs in other areas of nature and science, one of the areas we see it most obvious is in the realm of alternating current, and light's apparent wave/particle duality. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed the connection between Reich's bions "giving him a tan" and "hurting his eyes", and the effects of ultra-violet light, a medium which has of late become quite popular in research circles lately around the absorption and scrambling of frequencies in the 380nm range in known carcinogen molecules (Source).

Rather than making this a dissertation, I want to ask you the reader your opinion on the connections between light, the electric universe theory, orgone, and the phenomena of pulsation and muscular armoring in the field of health. There seems to be many connections between these areas that have yet to be fully explored by the online community, particularly around methods of improving health through the connections between orgone energy and electromagnetism.

Hoping for some lively discussion here.

Blog Entries
    Excellent find, Vega! (I mean the work of Sanford Bennett and the related principles it implies).

One other link you posted some time ago on another thread (a book about Cosmo-Electro Culture) also made a point about the need for a PULSE in polarized fields if we wish to witness a positive effect.

Quote Originally Posted by vega33 View Post
    The series of pdfs postulates something that many others (Leedskalnin, Schauberger, Davson, Ighina, and yes even Moray to some extent) have put forward before - the idea of the polarized entities (north and south pole magnets for instance in Leedskalnin) making up all matter, and all life in particular. To quote part 4:

When we realize that our bodies are made up of "polarized entities," and that the erth is a great magnet revolving in a universe of polarized energies, then we shall understand that the more we are in harmony with these COSMIC energies, the more benelit Nature will bestow upon us.
    To which I replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    I think the Author of 'Cosmo-Electro Culture' stresses a very important point:

Natural Fields (Human, Planetary, etc...) have a Natural Rhythm to them, like a Pulse or even a Breath/Cycle.

We don't get this Rhythm/Pulse (I assume, according to this Author) from Fields generated by man-made permanent magnets, for example.

From what I gather from the text, this Natural Rhythm/Pulse is of utmost importance for achieving the beneficial effects.
    My grandmother lived close to 100, and she used to INTUITIVELY perform very similar exercises every morning. She didn't read anything, she just somehow 'KNEW'.

Here are the direct download links for the two books:

Exercising In Bed (PDF)

Old Age : Its Cause & Prevention

And the accompanying exercise video:

Blog Entries
    Almost 70 years ago, Wilhelm Reich made an incredible discovery while studying human sexuality. He discovered a system of tension -> charge -> discharge -> relaxation, occuring not just in the human sexual act, but in cellular life and inorganic matter which had been specially treated known as bions.
    You know, this series of exercises (in the video) you Androgynus posted, reminds me of The Five Rites. Check here if unfamiliar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites I have found them very important energetically over the years; so much so, I never miss a morning without performing them!

Thanks.
    Introitus apertus ad occlusum Regis palatium / Labore et coeli favore / Nosce te ipsum

Thanks Androgynus/Krisztian,

Yes, I've no doubt the Five Tibetan Rites probably work on a similar principle; there being only five of them but many in Bennett's system. the communication between parts, flux and reflux I mentioned, seems to be to do with keeping a regular "circulation" -- Pernety's so called "wings of Mercury".

I've tried on and off for the better part of a day to compose the remainder of this post, linking spagyrics to magnetohydrodynamics etc, but for now all I have to say is: it sure seems to work and is based off principles I've validated in meditation utilizing the body as the lab. I think it's cool to see the linkup, and I had noticed similar stuff with a relative of ours who lived to be around 110.Their secret was walking -- regular leg compression and the circulation associated with it .

Blog Entries
    magnetohydrodynamics
    First time I see this word

But definitely not the first time I see the principles it conveys...

For example, we can look at images of classical Athanor designs and observe similar principles at work: Circulating water used as part of a pulsating magnetic system.

I would say there are very important clues and connections to be made by observing these principles at work in a variety of applications

Blog Entries
    Thanks Androgynus/Krisztian,

Yes, I've no doubt the Five Tibetan Rites probably work on a similar principle; there being only five of them but many in Bennett's system. the communication between parts, flux and reflux I mentioned, seems to be to do with keeping a regular "circulation" -- Pernety's so called "wings of Mercury".

I've tried on and off for the better part of a day to compose the remainder of this post, linking spagyrics to magnetohydrodynamics etc, but for now all I have to say is: it sure seems to work and is based off principles I've validated in meditation utilizing the body as the lab. I think it's cool to see the linkup, and I had noticed similar stuff with a relative of ours who lived to be around 110.Their secret was walking -- regular leg compression and the circulation associated with it .
    I have done The Five Rites, every day, for at least 9 years now. And I can tell you, that my body morphed noticeably! My girlfriend made a joke that I guess had a grain of truth to it, when she said my body looks, the muscle shape and curvature, like a baby's. I kid you not! (I'm sure I'm going to have to endure a few teasing from others for posting that detail, but I think she has a point.)

It seems from viewing that posted-video, that the muscles are awakened regularly. Thanks again for posting the video. I'm fascinated by alternative approaches to health.

Blog Entries
    Something very Reichian IMO is the alchemical collection period
    between the ram and the bull. I often thought, considering the alchemical doctrine
    of no extremes, it unusual that the year starts with a cardinal fire sign in aries
    and then jumps right into a fixed earth sign. But considering Reich, this is
    perfect conditions to manifest the next sign in the series, mutable air of gemini -
    twin mercury.
    Consider the paths that delineate this process of collecting this airy water/mercury
    in rain or dew (cancer - cardinal water).
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    While reading more Carlo Suares I found this applicable to Reich's discovery:

"The explosive and compressive qualities of the One Universal Energy are apparent everywhere in their relationships ranging from the totally prevailing explosive thrust in those galaxies that rush at almost light-speed towards their annihilation, down to the fantastic substances compressed to a density of thousands of tons per cubic-foot detected in some astral bodies. In every metal, rock, living cell, blade of grass, tree, insect, animal or human being, the cabalist looks, sees, observes, learns and knows what the relationship is between the explosive and compressive qualities of the One, and what its process is. He therefore can name the thing, in terms of Energy. That is the nature of the sacred language."
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

One interesting connection here is John Ott's "Exploring the Spectrum". It shows the effects on cellular repair and various biological functions or behaviors (eg: aggression, docility, etc) of various light spectra including recognition of the possibility of the contribution of X-Ray radiation from TVs as a contributing factor towards things like "tired child syndrome"; effect on the sprouting/growing of various types of mold, etc.

Very interesting video. Ott was originally working for Disney making time lapse films, but basically ended up in a full career in photobiology. He was pointing out that the absence of a full spectrum (including the green and higher frequencies) rather than the presence of the lower frequencies, was responsible for the negative effects of some kinds of lighting, such as the "warm whites".

I come back to Pleasanton's book on the influence of the blue ray of sunlight and what it says for the influence of the electromagnetic spectrum on life, and to people like Thomas Vaughan saying in their writings "I wish to discourse of light", naming their writings "Lumen de Lumine", "New Chemical Light", "Splendor Solis", and all sorts of other titles to do with the same spectrum. It's all linked

I like that idea of Kelders five rites of rejuvination, being to do with the life energy being released through the whole length of the spine, for perfect health. The idea that blockages stop the energy flow from the base of spine to higher regions - a bit like withering on the vine/spine.

That would explain why we start to go grey from the top down, crown, the eyebrows, then the first few grey chest hairs, and then when you are really really ancient, the lower regions go grey, or so I'm told.

I guess the exercises flex the spine to allow the flow again. Would some kind of heated mould going the length of the spine have similar effects in getting the flow going (Kelder advises against sudden cold conditions which could negate the exercises) , or would a series of strong magnets have similar effects - would want to get the polarity correct could have opposite effect.

It's as if the spine is a kind of antenna for life energy .....

+ Reply to Thread