Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: What Makes Us Happy and Why?

Blog Entries
    Words are very magical; they have a subjective aspect and an objective one in a way.
    They can be used to define and concentrate or to confuse and diffuse. I'm sure a dictionary
    will tell us contentment is being satiated or appeased or comfortable ...
    http://www.google.com/search?q=defin...I7GGRP_enUS501

But in my magical approach, contentment is about content, the root of the word, and those who have
    first-handedly/meditatively studied their minds know that the content of the container/mind is the mind itself -
    the content and the container are the same. The dictionary also aligned content and capacity, which is an
    amazing word for the head/cap/capital... http://www.thefreedictionary.com/capacity

So to take contentment as only a sleeper's ignorance is a small and specified aspect of the word.
    When one is present, lacking nothing, full of Presence, contentment is an accurate description of this state IMO.

How we define things is everything, is magic, is dreaming, is reflective of one's identity/definition of oneself.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Is it then possible to throw away all the magic in words and art because of ones ignorance to behold such things, I like to think of myself as a high wizard as I've seen the possibility's of my future, assuming I don't kill myself I will be very old and have much more experience than I do now and have lots of sexual encounters. According to my dream T_T. But I must have done something special at some point in time along my life's timeline because I saw myself roughly 60 years old having intercourse with my wife who I made my high priestess Y_Y.
    It makes me wonder if we all have these magical capability's, ordinary things such as a witch using the spell Ridiculous or a wizard conjuring a confusion spell that does not conflict with ones beliefs means those willing to listen to our magic are subconsciously wanting much more but are content with the reassurance of words... When I say much more I say that I believe that a Divine Orgy realm exists, filled with sacred acts of sex. But here in this realm confusion, guilt and regrets corrupt the mind with dark energy's and emotions leaving us with an impure world with everyone seeking love but leaving them ignorant to the hate. Depends on the eye of the beholder, when they experience hate or love those experiences are attached to certain emotions and clear a path for actions, words and thoughts to create future experiences. For instance you decide to go on a holiday, that act in itself opens up an infinite amount of new possibility's that range from meeting new people to doing new things. Again, to make you happier in this vessel. Which makes me wonder if some people need to be sad, to be happy. If sadness satisfys their emotional needs to be happy then they have a conscious depth to them.
    When someone who is sad (blue) meets someone who is red (angry) then combined, purple is an option.. The angry person may feel disgust or the sad person may feel disgust, that's the preconception. Anyway, just ideas I'm still tossing up.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Regarding the mention of contentment I strongly disagree. Contentment is the root of all apathy. To be satisfied with the status quo is problem number one. For me it does not represent peace of mind at all unless you want to live inside the bliss of ignorance.
    I probably should of explained what the word contentment means to me before stating that contentment=happiness. When I say contentment, what I mean is recognizing that the current moment is perfect. When I'm content, everything is as it should be. When I focus on the disharmony that appears to exists in the world, I tend to loose this state of contentment. That's not to say that I can't experience a perfect moment of contentment/happiness while I'm participating in a protest march for a cause that I feel passionately about. I can also experience contentment/happiness by temporally transcending the knowledge of this suffering that I would love more than anything to change.

By contentment, I do not envision a nation of mindless sheep hypnotized by the television and media. I imagine a yogi in a perfect state of meditation, or the chills you get as you listen to a beautiful song, that final moment of surrender after an intense and enduring struggle, the feeling you get after any accomplishment that you've worked hard towards, nirvana, non-attachment, lack of desire, etc. I feel that one can want and work towards changing the world for the better in the long-term time-frame, while at the same time experience contentment and happiness with where one is in this very moment right now.
    Last edited by Nibiru; 09-27-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    Still Searching.............

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru View Post
    When I say contentment, what I mean is recognizing that the current moment is perfect. When I'm content, everything is as it should be.
    Quoth 'The Way of the Samurai' (a.k.a. 'Hagakure'):

There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment.
    A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment.
    If one fully understands the present moment, there is nothing left to do, and nothing else to pursue.
    Other good quotes from the same source HERE.

Why in many cultures do people use flagellants, mortification of the flesh. Sometimes you see holy people doing it. Seems to make them happy :/

While adding to the thread Spirit Science I watched video 15 Power of the Heart and thought it deserved a place in this thread.

Could the desire for happiness be the road to Psychophysiological Coherence?

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 11-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    What Makes Us Happy and Why?

Purpose.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    There is a happiness that comes for no reason at all.
    Maintaining conditional happiness is not worth the effort for me
    to fight change.
    What makes us anything?
    Since when is happiness the universal prize? (I know no one is saying that, but...)

Happiness is not questioning (whether you are happy or not).
    Happiness is not knowing (what happiness is).
    Of course, that's not really "happiness", but I would associate it with peace/shalom/shanti/equilibrium/perfection.
    (not fixed perfection, but fluid perfection; and eventually, the fluid perfection becomes fixed fluidity).

How do we not know what happiness is? It is enough to be uncertain. Then many things can fulfill
    the condition of happiness instead of one thing. Ultimately, we realise anything can fulfill it, and
    then nothing in particular fulfills it.
    Last edited by solomon levi; 11-02-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Happiness is the freedom of no choice.

I found this group of talks on TED about happiness.

What makes us happy? (9 talks)

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 10-28-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    When the soul has been fed, meaning, a dreamt experience is now experienced in physical reality by the spirit of a man or woman. All physical reality is an afterthought needing to be experienced for wisdom (to be shelved in the library we call the soul). Experience(s) is release from the original agenda of a soul, freedom from needing to be in physical existence a little less and by it's illusionary limits.

"Don't know why I am happy but I am," said by a common mind.

"I am happy because I manifested my joy," said the Sage.

+ Reply to Thread