Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About 'Body Matters'

Blog Entries

About 'Body Matters'

This is the section to post everything and anything that can contribute to the well being of the Human Body but cannot really be classified as 'Alchemy' or 'Spagyrics', for example.

So far, we've had wonderful posts about vitamins and supplements, detox protocols, energy practices in the form of physical exercise routines, various health conditions and health challenges - and so far, these excellent posts have been kind of 'homeless', not really fitting into other categories available on Alchemy Forums.

Now, these great contributions have a home here, at Body Matters. We already have Mind Matters, so I suppose it was just a matter of time for the equation to get balanced to include our mortal frames as well .

So, anything having to do with topics like health, alternative medicine, nutrition, healing methods, supplementation or any other aspect of physical well-being (but not really fitting into the more 'purist' Alchemical categories) - please post it here, under Body Matters. It can also fit topics like Permaculture, Electroculture, Hydroponics and healthy food-growing in general. It's quite open-ended...

Needless to say, the rules about any sort of commercial behavior or advertizing also apply here. This means that if one's only purpose for coming here is to sell something - this will be easily spotted and dealt with.

We hope this section will work out and widen our horizons with all the treasures our members / friends here may have to share.
    Last edited by Andro; 09-14-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    This is a very good idea !!

Marvellous !
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    I figured you'd like this one he he.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I figured you'd like this one he he.
    Our dear Mr. Salazius is already a great supporter, promoter and practitioner of this sort of stuff...

I hope others will find this new section beneficial as well, to read, apply and also share their discoveries and practices.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I can share a bit of my own personal story:

I grew up in Eastern Europe (back when it used to be the 'Eastern Block').

It wasn't before my early teens that we migrated to more 'western' pastures, for better or worse (you win some - you lose some ).

The main point of this, is that when/where I grew up, conventional medicine didn't have a lot to offer, if at all.

I grew up with natural medicine/remedies, almost exclusively.

There were no pills to reduce fever and suppress symptoms, so I got inhalations, chicken soup and vinegar massages instead, when I caught one of those awful colds I used to catch back then. (I don't get them anymore)

There was no such food that was labelled 'organic'. We used to buy from markets where village farmers came to sell their produce. It was ALL 'organic', even though they never used the name.

Supermarkets were no more than little state-owned stores with huge queue lines where you could barely find anything anyway.

Growing up, I had at least three significant health conditions/challenges:

One of them was early childhood asthma. There were no inhalers. Every time I had attacks, my grandmother used to have a mixture of salts, ready to heat up and place on my chest to relieve the attack.
    Not as quick as inhalers, but it worked. My grandmother also had other remedies she used to give me. My asthma was gone by the age of seven. And my grandmother herself lived to the age of 96.

Another challenge I had as a child was that the bones in my legs started to become crooked at 1.5 years of age. Crooked like an upside down Y.

The local quack (MD) immediately recommended surgery. My mother wouldn't hear of it, so some serious bribes got us access to one of the 'big shot' doctors who treated the political elite.

He commended her for not taking the surgery route, and instead prescribed a certain diet regimen, combined with spending at least 3 months a year in the sun near the sea.
    In addition to that, medical gymnastics/exercise every day (and later twice/thrice weekly) for a few years + therapeutic massage and UV exposure in the winter months. I still have the protective goggles

By the time I was 5, the condition was completely gone and my legs were the straightest part of my body Still, I continued the protocols until the age of seven.

The third condition was the strangest one:

I grew up being allergic to almost EVERYTHING. Just a little grass, some dust specks or the occasional cat would send me into severe crisis, often leading to terrible colds/fevers/respiratory problems, etc.

Now comes the weirdest part of all. When my father died (I was 18) I was very traumatized, because I adored him.

I don't want to blame his death for this, but I believe this is one of the factors that lead me to start smoking (cigarettes/tobacco).

I don't think it's healthy, but I don't think it's the 'killer' many people make of it, either.

The main point of mentioning this, is that within a short time after starting to smoke, almost ALL my allergies were 'miraculously' gone. Go figure...

So, bottom line, I am a strong believer in non-'conventional' remedies, and I truly hope that this new section will open up channels for others to share their stories/practices/discoveries in this ever growing area.
    Last edited by Andro; 09-14-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. A smokers nose is not as efficient as non-smokers (I know as I have been both). So this could be why allergies decrease because your nose don't sense the spores, perhaps?

Well I never use any official medicine of any kind and I never get sick... I think it is because I don't use the Big Pharma products. The only thing I have touched is vaccines (but only if it is required to enter a country, otherwise I don't use it... like the Swine Flu Scam I strongly avoided).

Best cure for any 'normal' illness like fever or cold is large doses of fresh Vitamin C, positive thinking (refusal to be sick) and rest. Pills and such things will do no good, IMO.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread