Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nameless archive

Blog Entries

Cool nameless archive: phone

This is pretty old now, but during the summer of 2013 I release another little album. This time it was even more DIY than the previous one... often when I come up with something I quickly record it on my iPhone... using it as a kind of dictaphone...

I have always liked rough recordings (demos, bootlegs etc)... sometimes it is called lo-fi, but the name doesn't really matter. I just thought I'd be cool to release songs that were recorded in the very moment they were created (sometimes even before they were finished), in other words the actual discovery of the song is caught on tape... which I like. So this is the end result of this experiment; unmastered, straight and exposed.

This one only exists as a download (no hard copy).

Download here: http://namelessarchive.bandcamp.com/album/phone (write 0 when the payment comes up if you want to download for free)

Official Website
    Facebook page

At the moment I am working on an album composed entirely of ukulele songs called Uke Pacha... coming soon...

Last edited by Awani; 06-19-2015 at 11:53 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Ghislain: the riff for the Iboga song (especially the intro, but also lyrics) I wrote while coming down from the Iboga in Gabon... there was a guitar in the room we rested in (if you recall). In this case I recorded it on my iPhone when I got back home as I was in no state to do any recordings while ON the Iboga, but the music came through the experience and the opening riff I think I played over and over again for hours while floating through space. LOL! Maybe you can hear the HARP as a source of inspiration.

Last edited by Awani; 11-03-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Very Dylanesque.

I found myself humming it for quite a while after listening.

only listened to the Iboga song...still makes me shiver just mentioning Iboga.

I will listen to the others soon.

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    still makes me shiver just mentioning Iboga.
    You and me both!

Last edited by Awani; 11-04-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Totally dig the Pocahontas track! Thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Musician here: my critical eye tells me not to like it but my heart tells me I do. Really this is what music is about; to feel and to express (not to follow what we're told music should be limited by and you've reminded me of this). It's quirky and I like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Noctua View Post
    not to follow what we're told music should be

Blog Entries

Cool nameless archive: uke pacha

This is the third release, and this one is focused on the ukulele.

That's right folks, no guitars on this album... although there are plenty of other instruments all led by the glorious ukulele. Enjoy!

Download or stream for free at this site: http://namelessarchive.bandcamp.com/album/uke-pacha (write 0 when the payment comes up if you want to download for free)

Official Website
    Facebook page

Last edited by Awani; 06-19-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    I really love this one. Congratulations Dev, very nice job. The aliens were right
    I feel a lot of things listening to it, there's an atmosphere in it.

My cat pissed in my shoes is a good one !

Thank you for this !
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

+ Reply to Thread