Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on post-humanity

Your thoughts on post-humanity

Hello forum-goers, I would like to ask you all a question.

What are your thoughts on a post-humanity? As in, a sort of singularity. Fusing with nanotech and machines to transcend mankind? Hyper-regneration, enhance grip and throwing strength, speed and agility, etc. I personally love the idea but what do YOU think?

Blog Entries
    Uploaded souls to the Virtual Cosmos.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primera Hebi View Post
    Fusing with nano-tech and machines to transcend mankind? [...] I personally love the idea but what do YOU think?
    Have you considered the implications of cyber-implants? Like the manipulation/control of human consciousness that they would most likely involve?

Such technologies will eventually also come with the dubious 'benefits' of being remote-controllable...

Just as an example, would you have a VeriChip implanted into yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Uploaded souls to the Virtual Cosmos.
    Do you mean technology-assisted? Like an iCloud for souls?
    Last edited by Andro; 11-04-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    What are your thoughts on a post-humanity? As in, a sort of singularity. Fusing with nanotech and machines to transcend mankind?
    Humankind cannot be transcended by "machines" of sort. That's only the task of spirituality; I hate to write that word because it'll be taken any direction and I don't have enough space to fully explain that word for what that means to me.

Yes, a level of dependence will always exist between "machines" (i.e., knife, riffle, computer, refrigerator, heaters, etc.) and humans, but when one becomes overly reliant on the other, there you have potential for abuse!

Hyper-regneration, enhance grip and throwing strength, speed and agility, etc. I personally love the idea but what do YOU think?
    Why have more throwing power, or speed? For entertainment, maybe. I think we need 'to grow' in more love, kindness, no? Humanity needs salvation by finding that peace, satisfaction inside. No "machine" can provide that. A lack of spirituality occurs, when you have a society that worships and advertises 'our saviour' as the creator of computers! Have you seen that magazine article?

Spirituality and "machines" in balance - yes. Is humanity there yet? Well, I'll just let you answer that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Have you considered the implications of cyber-implants? Like the manipulation/control of human consciousness that they would most likely involve?

Such technologies will eventually also come with the dubious 'benefits' of being remote-controllable...

Just as an example, would you have a VeriChip implanted into yourself?
    I never truly thought about that whole manipulation thing... I was just blindly assuming that the people giving the implants had good intentions ... This may be a terribly bad example, but that chip almost sounds like the tattoos the Nazis would give to the Jewish people during WWII... Your own unique identification number? People always knowing where you are? Thats an awfully scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisztian View Post
    Humankind cannot be transcended by "machines" of sort. That's only the task of spirituality; I hate to write that word because it'll be taken any direction and I don't have enough space to fully explain that word for what that means to me.

Yes, a level of dependence will always exist between "machines" (i.e., knife, riffle, computer, refrigerator, heaters, etc.) and humans, but when one becomes overly reliant on the other, there you have potential for abuse!

Why have more throwing power, or speed? For entertainment, maybe. I think we need 'to grow' in more love, kindness, no? Humanity needs salvation by finding that peace, satisfaction inside. No "machine" can provide that. A lack of spirituality occurs, when you have a society that worships and advertises 'our saviour' as the creator of computers! Have you seen that magazine article?

Spirituality and "machines" in balance - yes. Is humanity there yet? Well, I'll just let you answer that yourself.
    You have a very interesting perspective, Krisztian. And you are correct in thinking that we as humans must grow in love and compassion. Humankind doesn't look out for each other as much as they should, and sometimes even do bad upon others (con artists, thieves, murderers, etc). But, notice I don't want machines to transcend humans, I want humans to evolve. We as humans should take evolution into our own hands. When I mentioned machines I meant to break the barrier between mechanism and human, and to fuse humans with technology, not to create A.I.

Why have those things? Because if we kept it in the hands of good, righteous people it could prove very valuable (how many criminals would still go around looting and killing if they knew there were "superhumans" out on patrol?)... But yes completely understand what you say about spiritual balance. No, I will not press you for information on what religion or what beliefs you have and no I will not ask what it means to you, because I dislike when people do that to me on the internet as well.

Blog Entries
    No, I will not press you for information on what religion or what beliefs you have and no I will not ask what it means to you, because I dislike when people do that to me on the internet as well.
    Firstly, thank you for answering the way you did. And the tone you expressed.

Secondly, I do like your optimism Primera Hebi, and without it one would die of the beautiful thirst of life.

Why have those things? Because if we kept it in the hands of good, righteous people it could prove very valuable. . . .
    "Machines", technology in general, not unlike television, computers, etc., have always been filtered out, or "allowed to come out", from the military complex. They have seemingly unlimited funds. They collect in the name of "National Security" whatever flies around in our skys, in our oceans, and on land. I know it's harsh, but research has clearly established that.

(how many criminals would still go around looting and killing if they knew there were "superhumans" out on patrol?).
    Force-of-any-kind just creates more force to deal with. Teach and heal the "criminals" of their childhood trauma; well yes, maybe we have a chance.

It's also only 'helpful' as long as you're not mistaken for a criminal. I suppose, it's also the controllers of "superhumans on patrol" who will define who is or who is not a criminal?

Firstly, thank you for answering the way you did. And the tone you expressed.

Secondly, I do like your optimism Primera Hebi, and without it one would die of the beautiful thirst of life.
    Thank you, but my problem is that I may be a little too optimistic, don't you agree?

"Machines", technology in general, not unlike television, computers, etc., have always been filtered out, or "allowed to come out", from the military complex. They have seemingly unlimited funds. They collect in the name of "National Security" whatever flies around in our skys, in our oceans, and on land. I know it's harsh, but research has clearly established that.
    Very good point. Much like when America had the "Fast and Furious" issue with the guns... Nonetheless, don't you think the government would raise the security around these mechanisms more?

Force-of-any-kind just creates more force to deal with.
    I can't exactly argue with this point. A police-state would be an unavoidable problem.

I suppose, it's also the controllers of "superhumans on patrol" who will define who is or who is not a criminal?
    Who is it that defines who is or isn't a criminal now? Unless your unhappy with their discretion, it wouldn't be too much of a problem, would it?

Blog Entries
    Who is it that defines who is or isn't a criminal now? Unless your unhappy with their discretion, it wouldn't be too much of a problem, would it?
    My caution would be that whoever thinks along the lines of integrating nanotechnology per say with the human-body does so for one single purpose: control! The Powers-That-Be don't just bring about something that doesn't push forward a plan for more control. I see your Government, but also ones in Europe, starting to fear the citizens. With fear comes more compulsion for control. Nowdays religion just doesn't provide the same "influence"; so we have a new savior on the block: technology!

That could be my bias.

Blog Entries
    Andro: yes kind of. Like consciousness uploaded to a virtual world. We are half way there already.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    but that chip almost sounds like the tattoos the Nazis would give to the Jewish people during WWII... Your own unique identification number?
    It is like this now. We are all given a number at birth and this number stays with us till we die. At least it is so in all the places I have lived in.

+ Reply to Thread