Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mercury Retrograde

Blog Entries

Mercury Retrograde

Just to let everyone know, Mercury is Retrograde for the largest part of this month (approximately between Nov 6 - Nov 27).

This can mean all sorts of things going wrong, especially related to communications (Mercury), misunderstandings, media, computers, stuff getting lost, false starts and so on.

It is not advised to start NEW initiatives while Mercury is Retrograde, not to sign contracts, not to engage in obligations or in long term plans during this period.

On the other hand, this can be a good period for Inner (inward) journeys and communication with oneself, introspective, meditation, reconsideration, etc...

More info on Mercury Retrograde can be found all over the Internet.

HERE is only one example of many.

Blog Entries
    I'll try to update more frequently when Mercury goes Retrograde (and back). It can also be looked up on the Internet.

Anyway, this time I remembered late, it's already 2/3 over and it will be fully direct again around July 2nd.

Everything in the previous post (above) applies for every Mercury Retrograde period, plus what any individual natal chart factors may contribute to the equation.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Androgynus for warning us on astrological issues. I'm especially interested to know what dates glassware is dangerous to be broken, so that I avoid working with it in the lab.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    TI'm especially interested to know what dates glassware is dangerous to be broken, so that I avoid working with it in the lab.
    Always at service

Mercury Retrograde is a general recipe for mishaps, but, just as an example, when Mars transits your 6th House of work it could also increase the chances of broken glassware.

However, there are many other configurations that can lead to this, so I'd say to use Astrology more as a spice/added flavor rather than as a day-to-day guide on how to live one's life.

I mainly use it for major decisions, relationships, contracts, trips/relocation, annual solar chart and health/work/job related.

However, just in case I'm ever crowned the next king of some country, I'll most likely also use Astrology to find the best coronation date, like John Dee did for Elizabeth the 1st

Blog Entries
    I think too that popular Astrology is too much "simplified" and far away from being accurate. But as you say, it serves as an indication for the "mood of the Heavens", there is no harm to know this information too before acting.

However, just in case I'm ever crowned the next king of some country, I'll most likely also use Astrology to find the best coronation date, like John Dee did for Elizabeth the 1st
    Well, this is a strong reason for someone to start learning Arstrology

In the past few weeks my father has died, my partner has been told to expect very few programming assignments for an unknown time as their major money making client has gone elsewhere, a very minor earthquake has caused some additional settling of the house opening up some cracks that are not a problem except for water seepage and requires immediate repairs to avoid mold, the supports of a deck had sunk in and the deck needed jacking up 5 inches and new supports. We are trying to figure out our future. We were going to take a little time off to consider everything

All coincidence or something. Coincidence Control didn't tell me anything about this one. I don't know anything about astrology. Thank you for the note of caution. We are not in any hurry to implement new plans but are investigating our options as everything is still in flux.

Blog Entries
    III,

I remember you saying that your birthday is around the end of December, in which case you are likely a Capricorn.

Pluto, the planet of DEEP transformation (also ruling sex and death, among other things) is currently in Capricorn, and will continue to be there for quite some time, having a large orbit.

For a better assessment, it would be helpful to know what House of your chart Pluto is currently transiting.

If so inclined, you could PM me your exact birth date + exact recorded time (hour & minute) and location of birth, so I'll be able to know what House (area of life) Pluto is transiting in your Horoscope and maybe provide some pointers that may be helpful.

We were going to take a little time off to consider everything.
    When Mercury is Retrograde, it's usually a good time to take a little time off and consider (REconsider) everything, as REtrograde periods also affect anything "RE". (rethink, reconsider, etc...)

+ Reply to Thread