Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tantric Alchemy

Mod Note: Off topic moved to this thread from HERE

III,

Thank you for your post. You've left me with a lot to ponder.
    Is there such a thing as black tantra? If so, what is it? Or is there just tantra?
    Does black tantra have to do with spilling of the semen?
    I'd venture a guess that certain actions and practices are designed to achieve different results.

"Under the tutelage of an accomplished tantra teacher, the student learns to conserve and sublimate sexual energies. This is in stark contrast to black tantra, where the sexual energies are allowed to spill through into orgasm.

'Rati Rahasyam' states that tantra awakens consciousness to the absence of our desires, while black tantra awakens consciousness to our inner-most desires. In other words, this path can put one on a slippery slope towards ignorance, as it concludes with orgasm/ejaculation in order to awaken consciousness. However, it must not be seen as an aberrant offshoot of the original discipline. Rather, it worthwhile viewing it as a means to engage in profound love-making rites with deities via meditation. After years of such advanced practice, we begin to experience siddhis or supernatural powers that can help us on our journey to samadhi - or spiritual realization.

What emerges is that the practice of tantra or any of its variants without proper tutelage from a qualified tantra master can lead to much distress. There are no shortcuts, and every variant has its place in the overall scheme of things. However, only an accomplished tantra master can chart the journey for you for optimum spiritual benefit."

Can you please shed some light on this above quote for me, based on your own experience?
    Last edited by Andro; 06-16-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Thread topic management.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital View Post
    Mod Note: Off topic moved to this thread from HERE

III,

Thank you for your post. You've left me with a lot to ponder.
    Is there such a thing as black tantra? If so, what is it? Or is there just tantra?
    Does black tantra have to do with spilling of the semen?
    I'd venture a guess that certain actions and practices are designed to achieve different results.

"Under the tutelage of an accomplished tantra teacher, the student learns to conserve and sublimate sexual energies. This is in stark contrast to black tantra, where the sexual energies are allowed to spill through into orgasm.

'Rati Rahasyam' states that tantra awakens consciousness to the absence of our desires, while black tantra awakens consciousness to our inner-most desires. In other words, this path can put one on a slippery slope towards ignorance, as it concludes with orgasm/ejaculation in order to awaken consciousness. However, it must not be seen as an aberrant offshoot of the original discipline. Rather, it worthwhile viewing it as a means to engage in profound love-making rites with deities via meditation. After years of such advanced practice, we begin to experience siddhis or supernatural powers that can help us on our journey to samadhi - or spiritual realization.

What emerges is that the practice of tantra or any of its variants without proper tutelage from a qualified tantra master can lead to much distress. There are no shortcuts, and every variant has its place in the overall scheme of things. However, only an accomplished tantra master can chart the journey for you for optimum spiritual benefit."

Can you please shed some light on this above quote for me, based on your own experience?
    Hi Orbital,

Now for a second try with the first disappeared into cyberspace due to a sign in conflict on a different tab. First, let me say that it does take a qualified teacher to "catalyze" a person. Also there are hazards. On reading the whole thing it almost sounds like what he is calling "black Tantra" which I have never heard of,, but that could be purely ignorance on my part due to limited reading. However, his description makes it sound like he is avoiding the purification process in which all of ones blockages and attachments and such rise to the surface to be changed or removed but then says there is a place for all variants.

In Alchemy there is a time to not ejaculate and a time to ejaculate. The whole business of ejaculation and energies suffer from millennia of trying to say things to fit the local prejudices and lack of explicit explanations of neurology and physiology until the current mishmash is confusing at best. All of the old explanations have an incorrect understanding of refractory period after ejaculation. If you search there is a moderately long discussion all about ejaculation and the effects and misunderstandings. I see pretty much nowhere discussing the right way from the wrong way of not ejaculating.

One estimate I saw by an Alchemist who is also a Jungian therapist is that 99% are in the USA are teaching "Sacred Sex" or whatever and completely ignore the alchemical and mystical. Again the books are mentioned in some of the lengthy posts.

Thank you for your thoughts III, and thank you Androgynus for your humility (I also thought my post got sucked into the abyss of cyberspace).
    This teacher does touch on and places emphasis on cleansing before he works with a student.
    He says he's a tantra master from a direct lineage of tantra teachers of old based in India.
    Here is a link to the site from which I posted the quote here.

http://www.tantrasadhana.com/

I also heard this today on a podcast I d/l'd from Urban Guru Cafe, which I thought was incredibly profound. Ironically, it brought a lot of stuff I posted earlier full
    circle to me from the, "sexual orientation and alchemy" thread.

http://podbay.fm/show/335548344/e/1237190617
    Last edited by Orbital; 06-18-2013 at 05:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread