Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New user titles

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Exclamation New user titles

You might have noticed something below your username... well we (Androgynus, solomon levi and myself) have decided to update the user titles below your username. Previously the rank has been displayed twice, which looks a bit ugly/boring... this has been remedied now.
    • User with less than 25 posts: Mysterious Stranger
      Named so because with so few posts we haven't had the chance to get to know you properly yet, so you are both somewhat mysterious and also naturally a stranger.

• User with 25 posts or more: Hermetic Pilgrim
      A pilgrim is a traveler who is on a journey to a sacred place, and as we all know alchemy is a sacred art. Typically, this is a physical journey to some place of special significance, but can also be the inner journey of the spiritual aspirant from a state of wretchedness to a state of beatitude.

• User who have donated: Patron of the Sacred Art
      This is for all of you who have donated to the upkeep of the forums. Thank you!

Donated users also have their username in bold, read more about donating here: Donate!

• Moderators: Magus de Moderatio
      To identify the moderators.

Below these user titles the post rank is visible just as it used to be.

To read more about the ranks see: What are the ranks?

Last edited by Awani; 11-19-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: update

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

your church Latin is making me twitch.

'De' takes the ablative, and means 'from' or 'on the topic of', despite the meaning of its descendants (church Latin sources, including the early modern texts so many of us are familiar with, use it in the modern sense, often with the genitive)

So, Patro (De) Magni Operis, and Magus (de) Moderationis would be less cringe-inducing (for me).

Sorry!
    From separation between the seen and the unseen, a feeling of distance.
    From separation between the seen and the seen, a feeling of breadth.
    From separation between the unseen and the unseen, a feeling of depth.
    From rotation of the elements, a feeling of motion.
    From the equivalence of alternate rotations, a feeling of choice.

Blog Entries
    Yes we were trying to make the titles as little religious as possible, but most good words that were not boring/standard were kind of religious. It was a constant dilemma.

We can always correct the grammar, nothing is set in stone.

Edit: Changed to English: Patron of the Sacred Art. We keep the Mod titles... good to sound a little like THIS

Last edited by Awani; 11-19-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

XD Actually, the only difference between church Latin and classical Latin is that later authors used terrible grammar, and would constantly slip contemporary words in if they couldn't remember the Latin word.

Sorry again, then, for the obtuse reference.
    From separation between the seen and the unseen, a feeling of distance.
    From separation between the seen and the seen, a feeling of breadth.
    From separation between the unseen and the unseen, a feeling of depth.
    From rotation of the elements, a feeling of motion.
    From the equivalence of alternate rotations, a feeling of choice.

Blog Entries
    When I was invited to be a moderator, I asked if I could use that title, Magus de Moderatio.
    I'm not schooled in latin but more used to green language. I thought as long as the root was there
    it would be understood.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    So far three people that have frequented this forum has passed away... so we have decided to add another user title: R.I.P.

This is so future readers of threads/posts will know that the individual who wrote it has passed on and it is therefor useless to try and PM that individual... as well as to remind us how fleeting we all are.

+ Reply to Thread