Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: apologia - in defence of the illuminati :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    This world is chaos and fear and desperation and violence, and the only thing that has brought any security and order to it, is the careful and ruthless application of power.
    The careful and ruthless application of power is a side effect of the paternal/patriarchal ego/greed culture that began to emerge about 5000 years ago. Very good at technological evolution, pretty much shit at everything else.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I'll just quote myself quoting (on another thread) a relevant quote from a movie that quotes from a book

From 'The Way of the Samurai' (a.k.a. 'Hagakure'), as seen in the movie 'Ghost Dog':
    It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return.
    That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end.
    For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done.
    Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.
    I like this old post about the Zeitgeist / "spirit of an age"... and maybe this idea can help to explain some issues.

The Illuminati Order didn't have very "special" ideas... They were a TYPICAL product of their age, which is the Age of Enlightenment, of course.

The ONLY "strange" thing about them is that they planned to penetrate into Freemasonry and plant there a seed of revolution. Why Freemasonry? Because it was the best place to influence the middle class and the upper class which didn't have a nobility.

As a group they were completely heterogeneous: the founder, Adam Weishaupt, was very much a "rationalist" (as opposed to "mystic")... though other members of the Illuminati Order were very much "mystics" and wanted the Order to adopt mystical practices... which was exactly what Weishaupt did NOT want at all. So the whole history of the Order is filled with internal conflicts.

The plan to manipulate Freemasonry never worked in the way that Adam Weishaupt wanted, probably because other ideologies that were getting popular in Freemasonry were at odds with his extreme rationalism (Rosicrucianism and Martinism).

A lot of person believe that the Illuminati Order "won"... which is NOT the case, their mission was a complete failure... HOWEVER most of their ideals "won", simply because they were not especially original.

Just have in mind that the Order was founded 2 months before the Independence of the USA... which brought a LOT of Enthusiasm. I do not see a HUGE difference between the ideals of the Illuminati Order and the ideals of Thomas Paine... and take it for granted that Paine was by far more "influential" in the American Independence than the Illuminati Order.

And then we have the weird conspiracy theories about the Illuminati Order which perceive it as something that still exists (it doesn't), which has the aim of controlling the economy (an ideal that would have been an anathema to the ideals of Adam Weishaupt)... and sometimes it gets weirder and it links them to Aliens (ignoring the fact that Weishaupt was a strict Empiricist).

These conspiracy theories make less sense to me that someone stating that the KKK was actually created to make Catholicism popular in the USA and give equal rights to the African Americans.

If you wanna see something similar to the Illuminati Order, I would suggest to check the Logia Lautaro ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lautaro_Lodge ), which was quite similar, but had a bigger success, though also some failures.

The main failure was that they wanted to give equal rights to the aborigines of South America and the "fantasy" of some of its members was to establish governments ruled by aborigines, which certainly did NOT happen (quite the opposite, the Independences did not improve at all the rights of the aborigines, but the Lautaro Lodge was very successful in creating "revolutions"... though not so much into getting involved in the post-independentist governments, which had a different ideology).

Being a mason I would say that not even half of the masons that are active members really deeply study the esoteric and mystical traditions of their own fraternity. Many join the brotherhood to get a leg up politically which is against masonic law, but there is a reason many congressman and mayors etc, are masons. They weren't masons that became politicians, rather they were already career politicians who join the lodge to gain further influence. Almost every town and city has a lodge, so even the small local governments can be influenced, perhaps even easier than being a member of a lodge in Washington DC. But many of the small towns have masons at the head, such as school board, many firefighters and police officers, principals, and things like this, which creates a conflict of interest. However it is against masonic law to speak politics in a lodge, but that doesn't stop them from making their connections. There is nothing stopping a congressman in the US who is a mason, from going to Russia and attending a lodge there, once a master mason you can travel to any lodge in the world and they must welcome you regardless of your country. Which also creates more conflict of interests when you consider many of our politicians visit lodges in other countries all the time.

How top illuminati read your mind...

does it make sense to anyone, or is it just me?

Blog Entries
    If they are reading my mind - which I doubt - then let them. I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you plan to assasinate someone, sell drugs, start an uprising or do some major robbery then "they" could not give one fuck about you/me or I. IMO.

Paranoia --> Fear --> Suffering

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    My whole point of this thread is that if you believe in an Illuminati with
    nefarious designs on you and the world, then you are subjectively living
    in that world and influencing others to live in it as well.
    Maybe that's the whole problem.
    The Illuminati might not even exist.
    Your version of the Illuminati may not be accurate.
    Maybe you are the sorcerer, spreading all this propaganda.
    Last edited by Awani; 12-28-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread