Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: golden water experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    What do you consider 'Helmont's Salt' to be?
    Fact that it etches glass-- ammonium silicate?

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Also, adding Nitric Acid to assist with the crystal formation sounds interesting... I don't recall this addition being mentioned in the text...
    Well obviously it's not, I'd have tried nitre but that would contaminate with the potassium salt, which still might work. But now I've got something that could be very unsafe to mix with gold under heat and confined spaces, ...or not.
    Last edited by Andro; 02-04-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: It's much clearer using quotation brackets to tell the quotes from the main text :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrival View Post
    *** struck me as a bit young, and full of himself, and sometimes focused upon superficials, but that's true of many artists and a stage we all go through. On the other hand his photographic journal shows he does the work and gets real results, whether is as he claims, I don't know enough to judge.
    When one is close [viz., making of the Lapis], and becomes consumed by the power and other, sometimes, indirect manifestations involving the process, we know historically [in the alchemy literature], that for lack of a better term things go very badly! If one can 'turn away' from corruption of the soul, then one is given a second chance. If not, then the guardians on the Other Side say: No!

Thrival you might be interested in this thread :
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...e-and-alkahest

When you say the glass was etched, was it a geometric pattern. Do you have any photos ?

You might want to try distillling up to one gallon or more, doing one litre at a time, and then pouring another litre on top of salts remaining etc.
    Glass alembics very useful for lower temp distills, effectively sweating off the clear liquid, rather than boiling. It takes longer but you don't need running water. Yes I wouldn't throw away the black salts too quickly.

I need to clarify some things.

First when speaking of Helmont's salt, I mispoke, I meant van Holland. This from reading "Real Alchemy" by Robert Bartlett who described Holland's alkahest, made by repetitions distillations of golden water. Maybe etch wasn't the right word, "fog" would be more accurate, the stuff just won't wash off. I tried soap, sand, brushes, nothing removes it. Initially I thought it was waste, and had contacted lab suppliers about cleaners, until I found the salient reference that the salt was the alkahest. At sufficient strength it ostensibly dissolves gold. I haven't got that far yet, the salt should be in the distilate. I think anything that can permanently fog glass is probably a silicate. That would also explain how the stone joined to gold forms a glassy material, but maybe my reasoning is too simple?

About my first golden water experiment, I distilled two gallons of fermented, digested, thrice distilled and filtered gw over its dried (but not calcined) salt, down to about 3 cups and still unable to get crystals to form, so I added the solution back again and about a cup of nitric acid to each gallon jug. Distilled again, this time there were small crystals but nothing to write home about. The first ones were cheesy and gooped the filter, unrecoverable upon heating. Now that the volume is down to two cups, there are small crystals floating on top with the bubbles, probably nitrates. The solution is very strong and powerful; salty, mildly bitter, then sweet and warming. One drop on my tongue every two days is the most I can tolerate. It's amazingly penetrative in homeopathic dosage. It finds the liver and stomach first.

OK moving on, my second gw experiment, this one from Cosmic Awareness. The procedure is simply fill and digest urine for a week or two with the cover open, in a glass jar (not plastic.) Then close the cover and keep warm for a year. Mine is going on 14 months. The golden color has turned to burgundy and there's a silver-gray precipitate on the bottom, that looks golden-red due to reflected light. The precipitate is supposed to be the stone. It's such a small amount, maybe a heaping tbsp, I'm thinking to add it to another jug of fermenting urine; it's supposed to act as a magnet and cause additional batches to precipitate faster. Once a person has enough of this salt to work with, they can begin using it for experiments, on themselves and metals. Note: I had a few accidents, a fuse blew and the jug got cold once, also (I feared) too hot a few times, but it seems not to have affected the end product in appearance at least, which was predicted.
    Last edited by Andro; 12-04-2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Broken links removed.

your precipitant

That precipitant isnt the stone in my experience its a silica silicon type sulfur... I used to eat it cuz i thought it was the stone but its not soluble nor any good effects from it.

I dont really know where to put this post, sorry if its out of place.. I performed a simple GW experiment that was in the rams digital potpouri section. The one that has you urinate in a clay hole after a shower storm. I just did it in a clean potting planter made of clay. Now ninety nine times out of a hundred it did not work. But this one time this one time something amazing happened. Simple enough to Urinate in a clay pot and wait lol most times it made a brown reddish powder sometimes it made nothing completely sometimes a harsh salt like saltpeter?maybe? but this one time it made a beautiful salt that shined like the moon itself I tasted it and it was penetrating like it was about to taste salty but it was like sugar, I took a bit on my finger put it directly in the sun and it turned to water. I ate all of it because of the great feeling it gave me, like almost being a kid again? something like that lol the season was in spring or summer. now in rams it says to put on distilled rain water evaporate, place in a bowl bury in the earth and it will be a whey like water that will dissolve gold, then digesting with a heating pad will make it run through the proper colors. my theory would be if I ever attained this salt again to evaporate it with rain water and then place it in the sun, then dissolve gold leaf and digest. Has anyone had experience with a salt like this?

Hi Crowned Lion;

Is interesting, your experiment, and the salt you describe.

I'm sure have many others are investigating what this salt described in RAMS might be. We can assume it's ammoniated given it's tendency to sublime/dissappear. It would be nice to determine from an archemy perspective. In researching rain & dew salt(s), Barlett said ammonium nitrate is the primary salt, but the atmosphere (and soil) is also full of carbonic acid. Global warming believers say the atmospheric carbonic acid in rain is acidifying the ocean. I have a lot of ammonia water left over from extracting the resinous crude salt of urine, it would be a simple thing to mix with those other two chemicals and distill to see what comes over, or saturate clay, or pour into a porous clay garden pot and see what grows.

Why do you want to dissolve gold? Do you plan to eat it or make a stone per _N_D_C_'s recipes? Be careful using ammoniated salts with gold as it could all fly away!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowned Lion 6&4 View Post
    Has anyone had experience with a salt like this?
    I have been trying a 'recipe' found in Ormus forums:
    OIl of Urine

Collect Morning urine for about 5 days.
    Distill off 2/3rds

Let remaining 1/3 ferment for 40 days
    Add 50% of HCL and H202 to 'neutralise' solution
    Add only enough acid to bring to neutral ph
    Let stand until oil come to surface
    Pour off in seprating funnel
    Place funnel in hot water and shake to help settle the oil
    Wash oil in hot water to get a 'red oil'

This is the oil of urine....
    [..]
    Kindly

Simon
    Sometimes it works, sometimes no. Instead of giving the floating oil, it gives a white salt as precipitate. Until now I haven't focused on the properties of this salt, but it looks very similar to what you describe and thrival has photographed. Anyway, I hope the 'recipe' may give you some extra ideas to experiment.

Blog Entries
    An interesting salt from urine is the microcosmic salt.
    It's hard to say what you have as there are so many salts in urine.
    I posted once the different conditions which affect which salt is emphasized but don't remember.
    I'm sure it's in that thread I started on the urine path and alcahest.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcosmic_salt
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Thrival: Ya I wanted to dissolve gold to make the philosophers stone for the great medicine lies in the seed of gold, I believe it was written in ***'s book but it is actually from the Rams library. Im pretty sure the salt was the alkahest, though it was a sugar tasting salt. which is what Alchemists say salt tastes like after purified over and over again. If you want to try just urinate in a clay pot but moisten it with rain or dew before you place the GW in it. Most times I got a harsh salt and a brown red powder but if you ever see a perfectly squared shape salts that taste sweet. keep these and place in a flask place then you can increase its strength by pouring it with dew or rain from a thunderstorm evaporate it off then place and seal in a clean flask place it in the earth until it turns to water(bury it in the actual earth lol) Or place it in the sun I found it turns it to water instantly with this you should be able to dissolve gold and digest it through black white and red colors. When evaporating the dew or rain make sure to filter out debris that falls to the bottom. This is the recipe in rams, not sure which folder its from Maybe in poupori section.
    Solomon: Yes I think this was a microcosmic salt, the one which all Alchemist try to obtain whether it be from plants, rain, dew, Urine or Sea salt. Ive read once they are purified they are all the same and are good for the work.

+ Reply to Thread