Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emerald Tablet (With Commentaries)

1. Emerald Tablet (With Commentaries)

Hello, included in the enclosed parentheses are my comments to make the tablet clearer. I don't claim that what I know is the ultimate truth. We have our different paths and I just want to know if you can relate to it.

From Isaac Newton

This true without lying, certain most true.
    (Veritas)
    That which is below is like that which is above that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.
    (Get the Equal Blessings of the Rulers of the Sky and Waters)
    And as all things have been arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
    (As all things have arisen from the Consciousness of God)
    The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
    (To be One with consciousness, one must be Gold. Gold will arise from silver. For mothers bear fathers. one must be like the father)
    the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse.
    (For it is of Air. For it will show you Earth)
    The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
    (For this to be known, that means you're in the path to perfection)
    Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
    Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
    (For the Gold attuned to earth will be subjected to fire. And will unite with fire.)
    It ascends from the earth to the heaven again it descends to the earth and receives the force of things superior and inferior.

By this means ye shall have the glory of the whole world thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
    Its force is above all force. for it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
    So was the world created.
    (Those who are united with fire will know the secrets of heaven while they are still alive.)

From this are and do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (Or process) is here in this.
    Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
    That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished and ended.
    (Transmutation of the soul is finished.)
    Last edited by glenerson; 02-15-2013 at 09:31 PM.

2. Emerald Tablet

From Jabir ibn Hayyan.

0) Balinas mentions the engraving on the table in the hand of Hermes, which says:
    1) Truth! Certainty! That in which there is no doubt! (Veritas)
    2) That which is above is from that which is below, and that which is below is from that which is above, working the miracles of one. (For the rulers of Sky and Water are awaiting to bless the one)
    3) As all things were from one. (Everything is from the consciousness of God)
    4) Its father is the Sun and its mother the Moon. (Gold comes from silver for fathers come from mothers)
    5) The Earth carried it in her belly, and the Wind nourished it in her belly, (For it is from Earth, for it will show you Air)
    7) as Earth which shall become Fire. (For Gold attuned to Earth, will be subjected to fire and will be one with fire)
    7a) Feed the Earth from that which is subtle, with the greatest power. (For the one that will be united with fire will be endowed with the power of God)
    8) It ascends from the earth to the heaven and becomes ruler over that which is above and that which is below. (He will know the secrets of heaven and he will be anointed by the rulers of Sky and Waters)
    14) And I have already explained the meaning of the whole of this in two of these books of mine.
    [Holmyard 1923: 562.]
    Last edited by glenerson; 02-15-2013 at 09:33 PM.

3. notice that jabir ibn hayyan's version, "the earth carries and the wind nourishes" and in newton's version and all the popular versions "the wind carries and the earth nourishes."

+ Reply to Thread