Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy Videos

Alchemy Videos

This is a Phoenix-thread from the old site created by taceyoto.

Anyone know where one might some some interesting alchemical videos or movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulEvil
    Heh, there might be a rare few out there, but most of the alchemical knowledge you seek will only be found in alchemical texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by deviadah
    I moved this here from practical since it is more general... (a video doesn't have to be practical). Also I re-titled the thread so it will be easier to locate if searched for... we need one of these anyway.

[link broken]

There are 7 more parts... just search for them!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulEvil
    Neat, I was unaware of these videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyp34v6Lmcc

Kind of alchemical I guess... lyrically anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre
    Here's a video lecture with alchemy information I just stumbled on, especially about "Monatomic Gold":

Lost Secrets of the Ark; The Real Power of GOLD
    Here's a short related video I found

How to Make Your Own Philosopher's Stone

It's about ORMEs (Orbital Re-arranged Monatomic Elements), not sure of the veracity of the technique, someone more knowledgeable about Practical Alchemy would need to comment on that.. and I'm not sure that you can actually levitate with it
    Here's a documentary that covers a small part of the history of Alchemy:

[link broken]

You may need an account at Veoh, Firefox and Veoh player (freeware) to view this video.

Note: Veoh SUCKS :!: It discriminates against almost all nationalities and bans them from using their service. Currently most people in the world cannot access Veoh by conventional means; over 160 countries are discriminated and banned from using their service. If you're living in a country that they discriminate you'll need an application that protects your internet identity, such as "Tor". Please take the time to protest against Veoh by signing this petition: Action against Racism by Dmitry Shapiro and Veoh
    A video lecture by a Wiccan on Spiritual Alchemy:

Interactive Grimoire - Alchemy
    Newton and Alchemy:

Newton, the dark heretic
    A documentary tribute to the spagyrical book sharing the same title

The Secret Life of Plants
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepetto
    A documentary tribute to the spagyrical book sharing the same title...
    Wow, this is cool. I havent seen this video yet, though I did download it. I had a nagging memory of this title and went to my bookshelves and I found a copy. I had picked this up several months ago from a used book store, as a gift for my girlfriend and also fore me.
    Here is a talk by Manly Palmer Hall:

[links broken]
    Quote Originally Posted by carabric
    While not exclusive to alchemy, the films of Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Matthew Barney have always been interesting if not extraordinary. Often surreal, ridiculous, or even disturbing they use much in the way of esoterica throughout their films.

Alejandro_Jodorowsky's the Holy Mountain

[link broken]
    El Topo
    [link broken]
    Matthew Barney's Cremaster Cycle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTwt31GXOOw
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarrett
    Luxor Media is coming out with a documentary film "Alchemy - Sacred Secrets Revealed" Oct. 1st.

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNHO7WL41k
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AlchemyForums

Just threw this together... could be good to have and build on...
    A YouTube channel will definitely be beneficial to the forum.
    Hello everyone,

I just wanted to send a friendly announcement that the film, Alchemy - Sacred Secrets Revealed was released yesterday on the Solstice.

It is my hope that everyone enjoys the film, and that it helps our cause in The Great Work. We tried to portray as much of the reality of Alchemy's spiritual nature as possible, and withhold from continuing the notion of the Alchemist as benighted proto-chemist.

Please understand it is not my intention to be seen as advertising, but simply to let everyone know in case they wanted to see the film.

Regards,

Trismegistus / Luxor
    This is a Phoenix-thread from the old site, and I move threads/posts that weren't possible to be moved in their creators name!

There are many movies in existence that have an alchemical foundation even though its makers might not even be aware of it. It is thus highly unlikely that it will provide the key that will open all the doors to the alchemical mystery, but that does not mean that it is of no use. Similarities can be found as different as the stories might appear to be and those provide the basis for the unalterable truth. I am sure that together we are able to come up with an incredible amount of alchemical movies and in time we might possibly also be able to rate the quality of its alchemical symbolism.

As a side note I mention here that I have not seen all of the movies below, but I know that some have alchemical material in it and I do suspect that others likely have an alchemical foundation. I therefore list them anyway and if anyone knows that a certain movie has no alchemical basis, tell me and I will remove it from the list. The list is a work in progress so I will update it every now and then.

Alchemical movies:

Merlin and the War of the Dragons (2008)
    - Purely alchemical. Made with a low budget, so yes, there are better movies out there if great special effects and acting is the requirement, but alchemically I find it a great story.

Merlin (Series of nine 45 minute parts) - Excellent in every way. It does not suffer from a limited budget as most mythological movies do. It has everything a good movie should have and should be very interesting to both practical as well as spiritual alchemists. Keep in mind that Merlin (Mer = Mare = Sea = Water) is Mercury, the spiritual part and thus has heavenly powers (represented by magic), while Arthur is Sulphur (Ar = Ra = Sun, Ur likely means Light). If you have the time to watch it, I highly recommend it (even though I have seen only a small part of it).

Excalibur (1981)

Clash of the Titans (1981)

Jason and the Argonauts (2000) / (1963)

King Arthur (2004)

The Odyssey (1997)

Oedipus Rex (1967/Italian)

Young Hercules (1998)

Troy (2004)

Mists of Avalon (2001)

Arabian Nights (2000)

The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns (1999)

Jack and the Beanstalk - The Real Story (2001)

Beowulf and Grendel (2005)

The Hercules and Xena series probably also capture some alchemical truths, but they might have started to lead too much a life of their own outside of the alchemical context.

Alchemical texts are as already said of far greater use to expand one's knowledge, but I do not think that it should be seen in that context. I simply prefer to keep even my entertainment of an alchemical nature if I do have the choice.
    Last edited by Dizardos; 02-14-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Then there are these two (in my opinion):

The Fountain

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    The Alchemical Dream with Terence McKenna

Enjoy!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Jean Dubuis

Hi everybody!

Although this thread has been somewhat dormant for a while, I thought I would throw this in as it is never too late to add more videos, right?!

I was doing some searching here the other day on Youtube, trying to find something on various alchemists, and I came across a very short clip featuring Jean Dubuis, whom I have the utmost respect for. Unfortunately I have no idea what documentary this short piece was from, but there are some indications that it could be a documentary on Nicolas Flamel (or maybe Harry Potter and the part Flamel played in the first book and movie). It might even be a History Channel documentary entitled Decoding the Past - The Real Sorcerer's Stone, a documentary that I have unfortunately never seen myself as I have not been able to find it anywhere so far.

If anybody in here is familiar with the documentary this clip with Mr. Dubuis is from, please let me know what the title is so I can try and find the whole video.

I hope you will enjoy this short video.

Jean Dubuis Explains Alchemy

Yours in the Great Work,

Tesposinus
    Last edited by Tesposinus; 04-23-2009 at 10:28 PM.
    Qui se totum dedit, omnia impetrat

Now would you look at that...

Right after I posted my previous link to the Jean Dubuis clip I found something very interesting on Youtube - a documentary (that must be pretty new there as I haven't come across it until today) on the Philosopher's Stone. I am just getting ready to watch it myself so I will not say whether it is good or not. I just thought I would give you the links as soon as I found it so you be the judges yourself as to the quality of the contents.

Here you go...

The Philosopher's Stone - The True Story (Part 1)

The Philosopher's Stone - The True Story (Part 2)

The Philosopher's Stone - The True Story (Part 3)

The Philosopher's Stone - The True Story (Part 4)

The Philosopher's Stone - The True Story (Part 5)

I hope you will enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesposinus
    It might even be a History Channel documentary entitled Decoding the Past - The Real Sorcerer's Stone, a documentary that I have unfortunately never seen myself as I have not been able to find it anywhere so far.
    I had a chance to watch this documentary years ago. I found it to be amusing to say the least, but highly inaccurate. This doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Non-initiates will only be able to pierce so far into the mysteries of alchemy before they hit a veil. This veil protects the secrets of our art from the vulgar unenlightened individuals.

Many say they possess the secrets of our art, but very few are actually correct. This forum actually has a couple of these individuals with true knowledge of the deepest secrets. This is very rare to say the least!

I agree. The same was the case with The Philosopher's Stone - The True Story. It was most definitely an entertaining documentary on the Stone and on alchemy in general, but it contained several inaccuracies, even pertaining to something as "mundane" as the meaning of certain common symbolism we use in our texts. But then again... how often does one watch such documentaries to expect more than simple entertainment within the areas of one's passions?! If we want to learn something, we pick up a text by an actual alchemist, we study, study, study... and then we get to work in the laboratory!

Oh, and by the way... I found out what documentary the video clip with Jean Dubuis was from. It was from a section on the Philosopher's Stone and Nicolas Flamel in Discovering the Real World of Harry Potter.

+ Reply to Thread