Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Alchemy Videos

There is an amazing well of documentaries, interviews, videos, on Alchemy of French origin. France has a very potent history of Alchemy and it was to my surprise that I recently found out there are alchemists active in France today some of which have been portrayed in various documentaries. Patrick Burensteinas is one of them, he released an amazing dvd box set on the Compostello pilgrimage and the alchemical interpretation of the 'great work'.

NOW---- In this French TV documentary from the 80's, they portray a handful of current French Alchemists including Patrick Riviere who was a student of Eugene Canseliet, himself disciple of Fulcanelli. Here Patrick Riviere completes, for the cameras, the ENTIRE process of transmutation of base metal into gold. The documentary gives the disclaimer that to the best of their knowledge there was no 'trickery' or substitution applied but that obviously this didn't constitute complete and objective proof. They send the gold off to a lab who confirm that the sample contains traces up to 80% of gold (from fusion) and that the other traces are in accordance with the process shown.

I literally couldn't believe it when I watched it, I'm half French and fluent, and can say that in my opinion it's a very very good documentary. To the extent that I think i should also post it in the practical section.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xst...artie-3_webcam

For the French speakers, prepare to be mystified by French TV! -for the others, sorry I have no idea how to provide a translation.

sorry, watch from part 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xst...artie-1_webcam

well worth the watch even if you don't speak the language.

Quote Originally Posted by stmoniker View Post
    There is an amazing well of documentaries, interviews, videos, on Alchemy of French origin. France has a very potent history of Alchemy and it was to my surprise that I recently found out there are alchemists active in France today some of which have been portrayed in various documentaries. Patrick Burensteinas is one of them, he released an amazing dvd box set on the Compostello pilgrimage and the alchemical interpretation of the 'great work'.

NOW---- In this French TV documentary from the 80's, they portray a handful of current French Alchemists including Patrick Riviere who was a student of Eugene Canseliet, himself disciple of Fulcanelli. Here Patrick Riviere completes, for the cameras, the ENTIRE process of transmutation of base metal into gold. The documentary gives the disclaimer that to the best of their knowledge there was no 'trickery' or substitution applied but that obviously this didn't constitute complete and objective proof. They send the gold off to a lab who confirm that the sample contains traces up to 80% of gold (from fusion) and that the other traces are in accordance with the process shown.

I literally couldn't believe it when I watched it, I'm half French and fluent, and can say that in my opinion it's a very very good documentary. To the extent that I think i should also post it in the practical section.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xst...artie-3_webcam

For the French speakers, prepare to be mystified by French TV! -for the others, sorry I have no idea how to provide a translation.
    The first minutes of the video he seems to just be preparing regulus of antimony and purifying it. What does he do after?

Also: when demonstrating a transmutation by projection of a transmuting powder things should be done differently if you really want to convince anyone. No opportunity for trickery should be given or it can always be used as an argument to invalidate the demonstration. The Irish poet and historian Richard Stannihurst (who had witnessed at least 15 transmutations, one of them performed by himself with a sample of a grain of a red powder given to him by a merchant from Flanders called Francis Vanguel) wrote an interesting manual for King Phillip II of Spain regarding how people who claim to be either successful alchemists or who claim to have in their power a sample of the Stone should be tested, entitled "Toque de Alquimia" (The touchstone of alchemy):

http://www.revistaazogue.com/toquealq.htm

In it he gives the following excellent advice to the King:

CHAPTER SIX

How can it be known if the one who promises to have the aforementioned medicines (i.e. the white and red Stones) already made and finished is a true philosopher or a rascal.

The four aforementioned observations will seem sufficient to discover if the philosopher who offers his service and gives hope is to be accepted and esteemed. But if something real and (already) finished is offered, the following observations must be followed very carefully:

The first one, it is to be examined and determined if he really knows how to make the medicine, because there are some rascals who make it seem like they have the already made medicine, but when the truth is found, it is discovered that they don't have it, or if they really have it, it is not theirs (he means: it was made by someone else.) To find out, the best method that can be adopted is to ask him for a sample of the already made medicine, and make the trial in his absence, or that he does not touch anything (if he was present) that is to be used for the trial, and if he refuses or makes up any excuses it can be assumed that there is falsity in his proceeding and that he does not have the medicine...
    This is very sound and logical advice from a man who had a lot of experience in such matters, having himself been a witness to at least 15 transmutations. So if Riviere really had nothing to hide and just wanted to convince more people that his alleged Stone can really turn mercury into gold he should have acted differently and actually not handled any of the substances or instruments used in the demonstration (with the only exception of the Stone sample, of course, which he obviously would have had to provide.) Someone from the documentary crew, or some trained chemist hired by them, should have handled the operation and Riviere should only have given instructions on how to proceed, but never touching or coming anywhere near any of the crucibles, tongs, furnaces or mercury used in the operation. As it is, his demonstration is not convincing.

Blog Entries
    If I'm not mistaken, Riviere's 'transmutation' has already been exposed as fraudulent.

This may already have been mentioned here on the forums, but I can't locate it right now.

The proportions between the various metals in the 'transmuted' matter incidentally match those of a typical gold ring alloy.

I cannot verify this, as I haven't witnessed it myself, so I am merely presenting a different look at this.

Personally, I am skeptical abut this particular exhibition, also for the (very valid) reasons that JDP mentioned above.

Utopia

Hi, I just stumbled across this series on CouchTuner...it's a conspiracy theory type of drama, which may hold some water.

I have only watched series one and there are two series listed.

Worth a look in my opinion, that's if you haven't seen it already.

Utopia

Its a bit bothersome to open each episode so here are the steps.

When the screen appears find a small cross on it near the top, click it...this will open an ad' page.
    Close this page and return to the screen page, the ad' in the middle should be gone.
    Click on the play button and this will open another ad' page, close this and return to the screen page where the video should now be buffering.

Edit: There is a lot of blood and violence!

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 10-25-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Time Runners

This is a weird film with some odd ideas about time.

http://www.divxstage.to/video/bvqkst38f29is

Bit of a B movie

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread