Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alchemy and Meditations

Alchemy and Meditations

As I said on my introduction, my spiritual path is first of all meditation and hinduism. I started meditating at 17, and 4 years ago I met an Indian Guru that in his ashram near Mumbay has the biggest Mercury Shivalingam of India. In this way I became interested in alchemy.
    This Guru always speaks about alchemy in his teachings as the meditation is alchemy in all the ways.

I was explained in fact that the same processes that happen in the Athanor, they happen in your body too when you are meditating, and that meditation is essential even in practical alchemy because you have to became your Art in order to complete a Real Stone.

Even if I had my experiences with meditation, I would like to ask if some of you had some benefits in practical alchemy with the use of meditation and how

Blog Entries
    hi zoe.
    the same processes that occur in the flask occur in our bodies and minds. for ex, one can digest/ruminate/contemplate an idea... one can distill knowledge, or distill sexual energy, or distill alcohol. alchemy becomes more successful when we engage it on multiple levels, when we see it everywhere, in nature, in psychology, in medicine, in dreams and breathing....
    my first cheap distillation setup was still very powerful, listening and watching, it was meditation... beautiful. the scent of lavender... the balance of temperatures... all reflected in me, within. i do alchemy and alchemy does me.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Hey Zoe!

I do taoist meditation along with my practice of alchemy; realize the energetic body in its perfection, condense into a golden pearl and circulate this energy through the body's the microcosmic orbit. There was a point where this is all I could do, I couldn't figure out how to move the pearl outside my body. After a while my practice in the lab took me to sublimate some salt, and it was after this that I had my first astral projection (a sublimation of the physical/material consciousness into the astral consciousness).

the experience didn't last long, but then again I was only able to sublimate a small amount of my salts
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    kiorionis
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I was explained in fact that the same processes that happen in the Athanor, they happen in your body too when you are meditating, and that meditation is essential even in practical alchemy because you have to became your Art in order to complete a Real Stone.
    That's a priceless insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    . . . . I would like to ask if some of you had some benefits in practical alchemy with the use of meditation and how
    I don't believe one can progress in the laboratory unless one meditates and prays [in whatever form that might be]. The recipes are incomplete [in a sense], the glue that binds it together for me is meditation, listening to and "receiving" the Other Side.

Coming from the Eastern Traditions, one seems to be 'ahead of the game', eh?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    kiorionis
    how vague and appreciated solomon
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

This is a fantastic topic.

Meditation, especially in the lab, is a beautiful and powerful thing. Early on i discovered that the best recipe, is the one the Spirit (within yourself, and the matter at hand - the All/One(s)) tell you - but you only hear them/it, when listening.

The material operations and materials themselves, set the conditions/matrixes for the volatile energy and Spirit - so the physical operations move the parts around to prepare the Temple/Vessel. The meditation/spiritual exercises do the same for the higher-levels, so that Above and Below harmonize and sync up together - thus the Art transcends spirituality by bringing it down to Earth, and it transcends physicality by raising the earth/matter/chalice(vessel) to Heaven.

It all just so beautiful.

~Seth-Ra
    Last edited by Seth-Ra; 03-20-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typos
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

+ Reply to Thread