Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Salt and Light of the World

1. Salt and Light of the World

Matthew 5:13-16

Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Could be alchemical, right?

For me it is.

I - Salt, Water, Fire

Take for our sample Salt, NaCl. Lets posit that NaCl is the Oneness of God and us. Then we have a glass of water, which symbolize creation. We put NaCl to water and what happens. Na+ ions and Cl- ions separate. Being in Creation separates us from God. And if we use fire (gnosis of God) to evaporate water (death/material destruction), Na+ions and Cl- ions become NaCl again, go back to Oneness.

So salt separates to two components on Water and combines again by using fire

Yes, this could be what my idol alchemist Jabir or Parcelsus is trying to tell you. Water is symbolized by Mercury (Liquid Silver), Fire is symbolized by Sulfur (the alchemical symbol of Sulfur is the alchemical symbol of Fire with the cross) and Salt aka NaCl.

II - Light, Double Prisms

Before Isaac Newton, most scientists believed that white was the fundamental color of light. Newton demonstrated that this was not true by passing white light through a prism, breaking it up into its composite colors, and then using a second prism to reassemble them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White

Double Prism.

Looks like this

- Fire

- Water

Light == Salt?

Could be. Depends on your belief.

Salt separates to 2

NaCl -> Na+ + Cl-

and Light separates to 6

Coincidence?

There's no such thing as coincidence, silly.
    Last edited by glenerson; 04-07-2013 at 03:27 PM.

I still dont care for the salt analogy cause its skewed.

The light one, however, is much more fitting. Especially since the rainbow of colors is inside the white, and nothing is destroyed in the revealing/hiding of either (white or rainbow - All/One, or all of the ones).
    (Not that anything is destroyed in the salt one either, as evaporation is merely a changing of form of water - but i digress. )

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

3. evaporation of water is transformation of water from liquid phase to gaseous phase. and it's allegorical term is destruction or a less strong word, transformation. and death and material destruction is Our Death or after we materially self destruct (that is if we remove ourselves from Creation or to change the PoV, the Creation/Material World/Water is removed from us). For if we die knowing the existence of the half of the parts (for example, us as Na+ and God as Cl-), we are reunited again with God. Fire evaporates water for the separated Na+ and Cl+ to be One again.

I don't intend that the water is destroyed, that it poofs to nothingness. it is destroyed in a way that the liquid phase is not existing and there is an actual union of salt ions after evaporation, that is after using fire.
    Last edited by glenerson; 04-07-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    it is a good post, but again some flaws that make it misguiding. why say salt is oneness of God and a glass of water exists outside of this? there is no Oness AND... just Oneness. (correction: 'Oneness AND' is other than Oneness) to say otherwise is to show a poor understanding of Oneness. perhaps you intentionally want to misrepresent Oneness to fit dualism... it just makes issues. this thread could have been written without these complications.
    you also left out indigo for some reason, emphasising 6 instead of 7 without explanation.
    but the general message is appreciated. i can see how/why some are concerned that your writing is misleading for beginners without proper context. as a moderator, i am inclined to allow these 'ammendments' in the name of science and not personal criticism. it may appear personal when there are these 'corruptions' in practically all of your threads Glen... just saying, for the record.
    idk... you'd think we could all agree that a glass of water is not external to Oneness.
    Last edited by solomon levi; 04-08-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Blog Entries
    i understand why people want to follow you around ammending, since your signature should read: WARNING when i say Oneness/One i really mean duality/two.
    i believe until you fix that, you will be suspect.
    whatever changes you can make to remedy this will be appreciated.
    http://serpentrioarquila.blogspot.com/

"To conjure is nothing else than to observe anything rightly, to know and understand what it is." - Paracelsus

"Why, then, don't you act when you see the danger of your conditioning? The answer is you don't see... seeing is acting." J. Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    you also left out indigo for some reason, emphasising 6 instead of 7 without explanation.
    I noticed that too, was wondering if anyone else would. Seven is the Magician's Star - the Azoth Star/Alchemist's Star. (and for balance, leads to 8 = infinite, funny that.)

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

7. Quote Originally Posted by solomon levi View Post
    it is a good post, but again some flaws that make it misguiding. why say salt is oneness of God and a glass of water exists outside of this? there is no Oness AND... just Oneness. (correction: 'Oneness AND' is other than Oneness) to say otherwise is to show a poor understanding of Oneness. perhaps you intentionally want to misrepresent Oneness to fit dualism... it just makes issues. this thread could have been written without these complications.
    but the general message is appreciated. i can see how/why some are concerned that your writing is misleading for beginners without proper context. as a moderator, i am inclined to allow these 'ammendments' in the name of science and not personal criticism. it may appear personal when there are these 'corruptions' in practically all of your threads Glen... just saying, for the record.
    idk... you'd think we could all agree that a glass of water is not external to Oneness.
    NaCl, Oneness of God and Man. Water separates them to components and Fire makes God and Man One again.

Solve via Water. Coagula Via Fire.

And light is Oneness of the 6. First prism separates them to components and the other prism makes them One again.

Solve via Prism (Water symbol). Coagula via Inverted Prism (Fire symbol).

It's pretty straightforward.

And it should be obvious why I left indigo out. Notice that I plotted it in the Zodiac plane. If it's 7 then it's not in harmony.

Red + Yellow = Orange
    Yellow + Blue = Green
    Red + Blue = Violet

Even gradeschool art teaches that.

CLUE: Color of the Birthstones.

Amethyst = February = Pisces = Violet
    Sapphire = April = Taurus = Blue
    Emerald = June = Cancer = Green
    Carnelian = August = Virgo - Yellow (This is the odd color)
    (Morganite) Beryl = October - Scorpio - Orange
    Ruby = December - Capricorn - Red

also,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RYB_color_model

Regards,
    Last edited by glenerson; 04-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenerson View Post
    And it should be obvious why I left indigo out. Notice that I plotted it in the Zodiac plane. If it's 7 then it's not in harmony.
    But seven is harmony

Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

There is always harmony. Like i said, 7, leads to 8 for balance, which is infinity anyway.

But, aside from that, all this "zodiac" and "birthstone" stuff "lining up" and all... these systems are wheels, wheels because they move - i could rotate any of the wheels to line it up differently and get something new/different. Soooo... i dont see the point of ascribing such rigid fixity to it, at least, not in the sense of making out that its a one-size fits all. There are a ton of ways that the "spokes" of these wheels can go and point, even the birthstones get similar in color/frequency, hence substituting for some things, or multiple stones being on one season/time.

Anyone remember that map from the Pirates of the Caribbean? Rotate it to get a new idea/location. Tis malleable.

Wheels within wheels within wheels, ever turning, ever changing, yet remaining One.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    But seven is harmony

YES!

~Seth-Ra

10. I trust the Zodiac and Birthstone and Month. k thnx ^_^

You cannot rotate the order of it because it is already been set by the Adepts before us. All we do is read and if you misconfigured it, we will be lost.

Remember, there is only a certain combination number for the wheel lock to be unlocked.

+ Reply to Thread