Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Book: "A Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein

Book: "A Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein

I know the reference pales in comparison with biblical texts but what are the public thoughts on the story "A Stranger in a Strange Land" as it relates to Alchemy? Valentine's reverence for water, his mastery of and perfection of the Self, his ideas regarding the unity of all things (he moves items by "asking" them to), the stressed point of an end to sickness and postponement of death through personal perfection and knowledge of the "language", are but a few of the similarities I recall. It's been a while since I've read it and I think it's time for a reread. Also, Heinlein had an established belief in the occult. Just my thoughts. Please feel free to share, criticize, flame, or agree as you feel so inspired.

In darkness and light.

Blog Entries
    Some quotes from the book HERE.

I completely devoured this book. I thought it worked on so many levels-relational,, psychological,, alchemical, magical and elemental. What a great mirror to invent a character who grows up on another planet and returns to earth as a kind of hybrid-avatar. Brilliant and life changing.

Thank you Androgynus. I see a few Facebook status quotes in my near future. I started rereading the book last night.

@Donna: Exactly why I'm rereading it. With my current (albeit quite limited) understanding of alchemy, I have a strange feeling that the book will take on new meaning to me.

In darkness and light.

+ Reply to Thread