Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To extract a white milky substance from the rays of the moon

To extract a white milky substance from the rays of the moon

From: The Art of Distillation by: John French part VI. Spagyrical Experiments & Curiousities 220 page 98
    Quote Originally Posted by John French; The Art of Distillation
    TO EXTRACT A WHITE MILKY SUBSTANCE FROM THE RAYS OF THE MOON

Take a concave glass and hold it against the moon when she is at the full in a clear evening. Let the rays thereof being united fall upon a sponge, and the sponge will be full of a cold milky substance which you may press out with your hand and gather more. De-La-Brosse is of the opinion that this substance is of the substance of the moon, but I cannot assent to him in that. Only this I say, if this experiment were well prosecuted, it might produce, for ought I know, such a discovery which might be the key to no small secrets.
    The other day I was flipping through the pages of my copy of "The Art of Distillation" when this found this experament and it cought my eye, does anyone know anything about this experiment? Has anyone here tried it?

Thanks and GOD Bless, LGO
    Last edited by Awani; 07-02-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've never tried it, but have been interested in the experiment ever since reading it.
    From my understanding the moon is mostly magnetic, but during the full moon it's also electrified/heated/lit-up by the sun's energies.
    Not to mention the energies of the zodiac signs and each individual nakshatra as she travels through the sky.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

To congeal the moon's or the sun's rays by it's own it's way too complicated but many authors talk about the way to catch both into salts.
    Arrakis

Quote Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
    To congeal the moon's or the sun's rays by it's own it's way too complicated but many authors talk about the way to catch both into salts.
    Arrakis
    I noticed that if you expose salt to sun rays at summer time then expose it to the moon or keep it in dark place for somtimes it will melt into liquid! Why?

Many salts are deliquescent, this could be the reason why, depending on wich salt are you referring to. If it's not then it could be that the contact with air moist changes it's chemical composition, it is known that the exposition to the open air adds nitre, calcium and other matters to the equation.
    However, what you say is very interesting, wether there's scientific explanation or not. I have long thought that a similar procedia is the key to turn a salt into philosophical, mainly because it could melt at 60ºC, although I haven't test it yet.
    Regards,
    Arrakis

Blog Entries
    There is a theory that the Moon emits its own light, as opposed to reflecting sunlight. The same theory claims that moonlight is actually cold, as opposed to sunlight, which is 'warm'.

The theory itself could be bogus, but Alchemical literature often says that the Moon rules the 'Cold' quality.

I noticed that if you expose salt to sun rays at summer time then expose it to the moon [...]
    This is a very interesting concept, as it is implementing the 'instructions' of the Emerald Tablet quite LITERALLY

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's true for me, cold (wet/cold) is related to the moon and warm or hot/dry to the sun.

Both are necessary to balance life in its form and expression.

I know a very interesting breathing/pranayama in yoga that equilibriates both sides with the nostrils. If ever someone is interested I can post it somewhere here in the forum. It is a variation of Nadi Sodhana. Very powerful and cleansing.

Even the commun imagery is clear :

Last edited by Salazius; 03-18-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Pics prblms
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by amoodikh View Post
    I noticed that if you expose salt to sun rays at summer time then expose it to the moon or keep it in dark place for somtimes it will melt into liquid! Why?
    Perhaps during night's full moon or in dark places or cellars there is enough humidity that could be attracted by a hygroscopic salt thus melting it whereas during daytime there isn't quite enough humidity to cause melting the salt.

There is a similar effect if you expose purified and thickened (to a density of about 1.2 g/ml) urine in a bowl at a dark place (cellar). Usually in spring and summer you won't see the generation of nice rhombic crystals, however in fall and winter there will appear nice crystals in the bowl.
    crystals.jpg

Weidenfeld
    Last edited by Weidenfeld; 03-18-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    I know a very interesting breathing/pranayama in yoga that equilibriates both sides with the nostrils. If ever someone is interested I can post it somewhere here in the forum. It is a variation of Nadi Sodhana. Very powerful and cleansing.
    I suspect that we do the same practice, I'd like to see your version (though I assume that it will be the same thing I have in mind).

This thread made me remember the very first texts I've read about the "Occult" that ALSO talked about Alchemy: the books by Eliphas Levi, who will never be for sure among the "great alchemists" (probably because he devoted most of his time to the whole of the Occult and alchemy was simply for him a part of it, and not really the issue that attracted him the most).

But I do remember that his Alchemical obsession was the light of the Moon... and in some places he even goes as far as stating that the light of the Moon is the true matter of Alchemy.

His famous Baphometh doesn't even have a Sun, but a crescent Moon and a waxing Moon.

I have not touched a book by Levi in at least 15 years... and I think his greatest ideas were not the ones which are strictly related to Alchemy... But this thread made me remember of his fascination with the light of the Moon.

Blog Entries
    Yes I think you guys are on to something here. Luna is a hot spot of rare minerals. China currently has ambition to mine the moon, in order to obtain an elemental isotope called Helium-3. It is the matter responsible for the brightness of the moon and for some strange reason appears to be 'sifted' in a fine powder nearer the surface of the moon. Because of the helium 3 being present on the surface of the moon it has been said that China's mining plans will be visible from earth. (They are going to 'scrape' the surface. Think "Avatar" and the 'obtainium' they were looking for..

Back to the moon powers: photonic energy comes with a frequency which, when intercepted by an atom, excites an electron within the atom, causing the electron to shift sub-shells within it's electronic configuration. The moon is totally capable of doing that to atom's within almost any substance, (or at least electron's that have got room to move) to more or less a degree.

The moon can have an effect on the subatomic structure of your matter, and if it can do that then I deserve speculate that it's also making changes to the quantum configuration also!

Sponge and lenses thing sounds great, clear night, you'd want a massive lens to harness as much moon power as possible (the old alchemist's would often work with big ass pieces of glass)

This writing doesn't mention anything about a 'wet'sponge, I am here assuming that dew should be used, as I'm sure that nature has a reason for producing dew through out the night. Best take her advice.

+ Reply to Thread