Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: To extract a white milky substance from the rays of the moon

Blog Entries
    While general science does SPECULATE that nothing unusual would be caused by these interactions of water and light, hermetic philosophy states more or less that 'spirit/ether' becomes 'fire/light' which penetrates the subtle 'vapours of air', impregnating them with the fire, which then condensated into moisture will finally produce a body/Earth ect ect... im sure you know the texts better than I.

So if light has no effect on vapours and water than what are these texts refering to which rave on about the step by step condensation of matter via the four elements?

You believe it to be simply ignorant ramblings of people that didnt have enough facts? Or is there more to the development of elemental materialism?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately; disaster has struck me again.

I wanted to heat up the moon water a little to get it circulating so i put it on the stove. You can guess the rest.

Walking into the living room "Honey, remind me that ive got moon water on the stove."

* 7 minutes later *

BANG!! There goes my moon water, a nice duran bottle and an amazing yiros pizza that my wife put in a lot of effort preparing.

I had to take a really.. really deep breath, and remind myself that this is all about learning.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    I suggest you have a good long stroke on your ego tonight JDP. The moon beam cannon is almost prepared. Your only saving grace atm is that coober pedy decided to rain just a tad. (Pretty rare event) full moon is in two days.

So..
    How does one prepare this experiment in a way that would pass as a non-botched job. I will allow the "champ" to set the rules of engagement.

How do I ensure no impurities. (I have an $1800 scientific pressure-cooker-like device for sterilizations if that helps)

(might need some guidance on how to use the thing though... lol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I suggest you have a good long stroke on your ego tonight JDP. The moon beam cannon is almost prepared. Your only saving grace atm is that coober pedy decided to rain just a tad. (Pretty rare event) full moon is in two days.

So..
    How does one prepare this experiment in a way that would pass as a non-botched job. I will allow the "champ" to set the rules of engagement.

How do I ensure no impurities. (I have an $1800 scientific pressure-cooker-like device for sterilizations if that helps)

(might need some guidance on how to use the thing though... lol)
    Additional info: i will be using a 1ltr flask attached to a 300mm refluxing condenser. Thats it. Last time i used some tissue paper to close the top which could obviously and easily been the cause of the 'white floaties' i observed last time. This time, i dont want any excuse for doubt. How do i "seal" the system without allowing pressure build up and without allowing impurities to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Additional info: i will be using a 1ltr flask attached to a 300mm refluxing condenser. Thats it. Last time i used some tissue paper to close the top which could obviously and easily been the cause of the 'white floaties' i observed last time. This time, i dont want any excuse for doubt. How do i "seal" the system without allowing pressure build up and without allowing impurities to get in?
    Use distilled water, and use clean glassware with ground glass joints and teflon sleeves or tape. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that your precious "moonbeams" will do... oh, let me see, let me do some very complex calculations and pondering here... in the plainest "scientific" terms: JACK-FRIGGIN'-SQUAT to the water.

Blog Entries
    That actually made me laugh aloud. Im glad we can joke around with this.

Ill be using two parabolics. A 13" and a 24" acrylic. They are far from perfect, and clearly with the large angle between the moon and glasseare the beam is not greatly focused. I realised while writing that, that i could raise the flask up high to improve the intensity. Ill be aiming it at vapour only. Perhaps with an alfoil collector on one side of the flask to keep some moon beams bouncing in there a bit longer....

I expect that it will take some time, im talking, 3 full rounds of 90% moon days to full moon, like 10 days overall over a period of three months, to actually see the results im talking about. I want a layer of milkyness, covered by the "deluge" (separated layer of water) which is certainly not going to happen in one night. I am certain of that. However, i am (basically praying) that iver longer extended times, she'll be right (Aussie for: It will be okay.)

My Chemistry brain says no. My Hermetic brain says yes.
    Im a little doubtful, but i think thats because i want to be; its going to taste so much sweeter if im not expecting it, and be less disappointing aswell if it doesnt work out.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh....

Ive made a mistake.....

An expensive one.

The moon ray experiment, as you say, JDP, will not work.....

They arn't using distilled water. They are using 'Our Water'.

Fuck.

This concept sounds pretty awesome and im very interested to try it myself. Mentally noting this in my "need to do list". Also just obtained the text it came from which I will read soon!

+ Reply to Thread