Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Récréations Hermétiques in English?

Blog Entries
    I think this is a very important book, complementary to the ICH & Cyliani lineage, as well as St. Didier and Fulcanelli, among others.

It contains valuable clues that are not mentioned in the other works, and possibly also some interesting variations within the same lineage.

I would highly recommend having/reading it.

I was quite close to commission a professional translation myself (from a French-to-English Alchemical Translator), but I'll wait a little more for this one and hope it works out well for everyone.

Was this ever made available?

I would love to get a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    Was this ever made available?

I would love to get a copy.
    Not yet. It is finished, but I'm still waiting for my friend to publish it. I'll check with him regarding the status.

Hello Illen,
    Sorry to be a pest but did you hear back from your friend? I'm also very interested in this text.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
    Hello Illen,
    Sorry to be a pest but did you hear back from your friend? I'm also very interested in this text.
    Yes, the translation is currently being checked by a well-known alchemist fluent in both English and French. We hope to have it published this Fall, depending on when he completes the check and our subsequent edits.

Blog Entries
    Well let him know we're patiently waiting
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I too was wondering if this text is now available. Please let us know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Funny you should ask! We just received the corrections for the translation 6 days ago. The well-known Alchemist who checked the corrections is an extremely busy man and wasn't able to complete it until now.

We are currently reviewing the corrections and will be sending it off to our Publisher in the very near future. This book will not only include the only English translation to date (and an exceptionally good translation), but also the most correct and exact transcription of the original French version to date. There have been two earlier transcriptions, but both contain errors and/or omissions or modifications.

I will continue to report on the status. If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Is it hard to find right now? I did a quick Google search and could not easily find an English version online right now, so I uploaded my copy for you. Here you go, "Recreations Hermetique" in English: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ww9s78...Hermetique.pdf

This is the version Illen says has errors and omissions I believe, but in the meantime, until his version is available, this should keep you busy. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Is it hard to find right now? I did a quick Google search and could not easily find an English version online right now, so I uploaded my copy for you. Here you go, "Recreations Hermetique" in English: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ww9s78...Hermetique.pdf

This is the version Illen says has errors and omissions I believe, but in the meantime, until his version is available, this should keep you busy. Hope this helps!
    I haven't checked, but if this is our version, it should not be public. If it is our version, it is blatant plagiarism, and we will pursue charges.

If it is ours, it's obviously a very early version, very crude and incorrect. Not only that, but this version is also not by any means complete. It's missing the most important part - the "Scholies" (Commentary) - a complete separate Part which is like a "Key" to help unravel the first part.
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 01-15-2017 at 09:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread