Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Récréations Hermétiques in English?

Thanks Schmuldvich.

IAC, I look forward to the version you guys publish. Sounds like a hardcopy worth having. Keep us updated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    IAC, I look forward to the version you guys publish. Sounds like a hardcopy worth having. Keep us updated. Thanks.
    Thanks, Aham - it will be a very high quality text, and as accurate as possible - of academic quality. It's also an extremely important text, one even used by Fulcanelli. The person editing the work was a personal acquaintance of the late Eugene Canseliet, the direct student of Fulcanelli, and the person who published his books. We're hoping that he might also include a Foreword to the book.

I believe the Publisher wishes to publish a very high quality limited edition hard cover version, and later a paperback version for those who cannot afford the higher quality version. We're trying to encourage him to keep the costs down as low as possible.

Our key goal is to bring this work out for analysis, and to recover some of our costs in producing the book, if possible, so that we can also introduce other important and hard to find texts in the future.
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 01-15-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    I haven't checked, but if this is our version, it should not be public. If it is our version, it is blatant plagiarism, and we will pursue charges.
    I have no idea if this is yours or not, Illen. If it is let me know and I will gladly take it down. I am not blatantly plagiarizing anyone even if this is yours (highly unlikely it is). No need to get all defensive.
    Last edited by Schmuldvich; 01-15-2017 at 11:51 PM.

- it will be a very high quality text, and as accurate as possible - of academic quality. It's also an extremely important text, one even used by Fulcanelli. The person editing the work was a personal acquaintance of the late Eugene Canseliet, the direct student of Fulcanelli, and the person who published his books. We're hoping that he might also include a Foreword to the book.

I believe the Publisher wishes to publish a very high quality limited edition hard cover version, and later a paperback version for those who cannot afford the higher quality version. We're trying to encourage him to keep the costs down as low as possible.
    re.
    Now you really have whetted my appetite. A leather hardback would be very nice.
    Last edited by thoth; 01-16-2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Illen, it has been 2 whole months since the last update on this much-anticipated release!

Hope everything is going smoothly.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Illen, it has been 2 whole months since the last update on this much-anticipated release!

Hope everything is going smoothly.
    The transcription and two separate translations have been in the hands of the Publisher for some time now. We are awaiting his review.

I'm interested in a leather bound hard cover edition.

What kind of price are we looking at for that? Around $90, or as much as $500, any idea?

Blog Entries
    The transcription and two separate translations have been in the hands of the Publisher for some time now. We are awaiting his review.
    Hopefully he decides to publish both translations in the same binding
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    I'm interested in a leather bound hard cover edition.

What kind of price are we looking at for that? Around $90, or as much as $500, any idea?
    At this time, I do not yet know what editions it will be published in and how much the price will be. Hopefully he'll get back to us soon.

+ Reply to Thread